Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
cocospals
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi everyone,

My name is Gayle and I hail from the home of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Colorado. I have participated in the First Look before, House at Riverton, The Sister, Songs for the Missing, and the last book.  I am really looking forward to this new book and discussion.

Skelly7645: I  am a fellow hockey mom. Both my sons went thru youth hockey and one still plays in a beer league. Daughter plays D3 college.

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there - John Wooden
Contributor
CTMH_Amy
0 Kudos

For those of you who have received your books already...when did you sign up? I'm just curious!!
New User
storker
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My name is Sheryl and I live in Deerfield Beach, Florida.  I am disabled and no longer am able to work.  This gives me much more time to read.  I have been an avid reader since I was a child and I am very excited for the opportunity to engage in a discussion with all of you on a new book that looks quite interesting.  Looking forward to getting to know you and share thoughts on books!

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm Mary Ann.  I just received my book today.  I'm so excited to be a part of the book club.

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

My name is Mary Ann. I received my book today.  I'm looking forward to reading my book and being a part of the book club.
Inspired Contributor
abbyg7
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm here in Michigan and got home from work today to find that my ARC had been delivered.  Since we are under a Lake Effect Snow Warning through Sunday it will be a great weekend to stay inside and read.  Looking forward to discussing.

New User
Ramya
0 Kudos

Hi!

My name is Ramya and this is my first time here at First Look. I am still waiting to get my book but I can't wait to finish reading it and participate in the discussion!

Frequent Contributor
Dances_through_Books
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Kati and this is my first book club.  I reside in the Fox Valley area of Wisconsin. I'm very excited to receive the book and start reading! Have a great weekend everyone!
Reader 4
Kliksix
0 Kudos

Hello!

My name is Kim and I'm a college student in northern California. I don't get a lot of time to read anything other than text books so I am really looking forward to reading this book over my Christmas break!

This is my first book club and I can't wait to get my book and start reading! 

New User
MelDiva
0 Kudos

Hi Karen and all members,

My name is Melanie but I prefer to be called Mel.

This is my first experience with the First Look Book club and I am thrilled to be a part of this group.  I look forward to reading A Fortunate Age and enjoying the conversations with the author and fellow readers.

Contributor
AthenaLS
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm LaDonna, I live in DC, and I'm excited to participate in this discussion. This will be my first time doing the First Look. 
~L.S.
"A house without books, is like a room without windows." H. Mann
Reader
Glencoe
0 Kudos

Greetings. This is my first time to know about First Look.  The only other advance readers copy I have read is The Red Helmet, by friend Homer Hickam.  That was a special experience!  I am in two book clubs, real vis a vis groups, and look forward to this one.   SMA
Inspired Contributor
Popper19
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm Becky from Wisconsin.  I've participated in all of the First Look clubs and really enjoy them.  I thought I might be too late this time to get in, but I'm in!  I can't wait to get my book.

Frequent Contributor
PinkBaby
0 Kudos

hi im sara and this is my second time in the first look book club.:smileyhappy: I really enjoyed the first book. i am looking forward to reading this book to. bye for now.:smileywink:
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

It's exciting that people have started receiving their books.  

I appreciate that nobody who has received their copy has posted anything about the book, and hope that will continue so that people who don't have theirs yet, or who may be waiting to start them until they finish other books, won't have anything spoiled for them.  

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to forums and boards on line and look forward to reading this book and sharing the discussion.  Can't wait to get started.

Jann 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi..I am Susan from Vermont..just received A Fortunate Age today!!!! 1st BN Book Club.. Sounds like a book that might be hard to put down... Enjoy your Sat    "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans"...Thomas La Mance
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi  I am Susan from Vermomt...It just takes that one book to inspire them..it could be  anything about music.. ,if you Have a teen girl"Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" first book..Boys  a harder  sports bios short books.....Can't wait to read A Fortunate Age... just received it today...Have a Happy Weekend
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi  Book is waiting for me to read,I'm sure all of you feel the same looking forward to discussion...Susan
Reader
JaneAustenNut
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi First Look Book Clubbers,

My first time to post to this club. Received my ARC of A Fortunate Age this week. I've just been reading the covers and introductory letters and 1st 25 pages or so. Looks like its going to interesting book and group. I love Reading, book collecting and book discussions. I reside in central NC, married with one grown son. Can't wait to get into your discussions in January -- such a dull and dreary month. I just finished another new book " The Fireman's Wife "   A great read for anyone ---- especially those familiar with the Grand Strand area of SC.

Jane Austen Nut

Message Edited by JaneAustenNut on 12-06-2008 04:25 PM
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 615 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: