Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
MaggieL54
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi I am Margaret!  I have been on First Look before and am back for A Fortunate Age.  I am looking forward to chatting with all of you. I am currently reading World Without End by Ken Follett and need to finish before Christmas so I can get started on A Fortunate Age. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Houses_Vicodin
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm from western NY... I have three sons, a full time job at a preschool, and a crazy-busy life.  In every spare second (not as many as I would like) I read.  My goal is to squeeze in about 50 books/year.

I am looking forward to reading and discussing A Fortunate Age with everyone!

Reader 2
drbjadedTX
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone.  Just got my book.  I'm excited since it's my first time with the First Look Book Club.  Nice to meet everyone. 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.
Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

UPS just delivered my copy.  That was fast since I just signed up last Friday evening! Looking forward to reading and discussing it.

Thanks, B&N.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I got my book last week but I haven't started it yet. I am going to wait until closer to the discussion. I read all of The Believers before the discussion and it was harder to post in the chapter threads b/c I already knew what would happen. So I am being patient and trying something different.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
0 Kudos

Hey everyone. My name is Lexi, and this is my first, First Look. I just recieved my confirmination, and I'm way excited to read this book.
~Lexi-Bear
Reader 2
janeise
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Kristi. I am really excited to start reading this book!
Contributor
DariaFreeman
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just received my copy. I was thrilled to see it, as my PM said that it would come next month. I was a little worried that I would get mine late.  Looking forward to reading it. As is the case when I first read the preview, I am excited to see what happens to these women. I especially like the fact that the characters are in my age group. It's so much easier to identify with characters that are similar.

Daria

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW-- What a Ride! Thanks, God!"
Contributor
pjmama
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm Sharla--former English teacher and SAHM in SE SD.  I'm really looking forward to this book because it's my generation.  I graduated from college in '93...didn't live in NY, but did live in Milwaukee during the late '90s.  Can't wait to read everybody's opinions.
Frequent Contributor
bookworm_gp
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Gail from Philly. I received my book a few days ago, started reading and I'm hooked.

http://write-juncture.blogspot.com/
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Gail_Pruszkowski
http://www.facebook.com/gail.pruszkowski
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bookworm_gp

Contributor
sam608
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm new to this book club, I live in Ut but am visiting az for the holidays, my husband told me my book came and will bring it down next week.  I can't wait to start reading.  I love to read!

janey

New User
tracyobrien
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Tracy. This is my first time in the First Look Book Club and I'm really looking forward to the conversations!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi  I'm Susan from Dorset Vt...looking forward  to reading A Fortunate Age...I just received it this week and will wait a few days to start it....so I won't finish it too quickly..very excited to be part of this.....First Time,First Look.....
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
ginger81
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Ginger Williams. I have actually participated in the first book club a couple of times. I am looking forward to this one. I have actually begun reading the book. I am very intrigued so far.

GW

GW
Frequent Contributor
nedrey
0 Kudos

Hi - My name is Nicolle
KxBurns
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the discussion schedule has been posted in the News, Schedules & Updates thread!

-Karen

Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

Welcome Corbin. I am Dawn-and I live about 30 minutes north of Nashville in Portland Tennessee! Nice to have a "neighbor" on board.
~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
New User
dottyr
0 Kudos

Hi,  This is my first online book group.  I received the book this week and am looking forward to learning how to participate.  dottyr
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Karen..Not sure what to do......Went to P.Office yesterday and I received another "A Fortunate Age".....Do you want me to return it? Pass it on to a friend as long as she joins the Book Club? Receiving one copy was so delightful, let me know what you prefer me to do.  Thanks, Susan:womansurprised:
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi..I'm Susan from Vt...This is my First Look ...I started it and am interested already...have a Good Sunday         Will try and get into discussions and figure out how..
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 185 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: