Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi, I just got the confirmation my book will be sent out shortly.  I am really looking forward to reading it, and discussing it, as this is my first time with First Look. 

My name is Linda and I reside in Missouri with my hubby and dog.

See you in January!

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hi Litfan: Yes, I live in Lynchburg and have all my life except for the first eight years and that was just on the outskirts of Lynchburg. I worked at Central Va. Training Ctr. Did you work for the Community Center in Lynchburg.  Where are you living now?  Nice to learn of you knowing Lynchburg. We are definitely on the map with Jerry/Jonathan/JerryJr. and Liberty University on the mountain above us.  Happy reading to us all!    Linda

Litfan wrote:

Hi,

I'm Stacie from VA and I'm looking forward to participating in the discussion in January.  I received my copy of the book this week-- nice early Christmas present!

Linda, what part of Central VA are you in?  I lived in Lynchburg for a couple of years and loved it-- worked with children with mental health issues there.  I can relate to what you said about reading-- it is great stress relief especially after a long week at work!

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Stacie

New User
luvs_coffee
0 Kudos

Hi im Laura, new too to book club, very excited to join.
New User
bookladyET
0 Kudos

Just got my ARC..soooo excited!  Can't wait to start reading!
Contributor
Stellaluna99
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm Melissa and currently working in Dallas, TX, although that changes every few months!

Just received my copy this weekend and look forward to discussing it!

Contributor
bonereader
0 Kudos

Just received notification that I am "in" and excitedly awaiting my arc. My name is Lisa and I am from southeastern PA, outside of Phillie. This is the first time I have partcipated in first look and truly my first time that I have participated in any on-line discussion group. Looks fun!
Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Hi everyone my name is Liz and I live in CA. This is the firt time with First Look and I'm looking forward to an adventure with all of you!!
New User
simchadude
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Steve and I am new to this club. I look forward to reading and writing my thoughts on the book after I receive the ARC. I think this is a great thing the ARC reading room. I have heard much about the ARC's and hoped to get on a list for receiving them, so this is wonderful to me. 

Thank you for having me here,

Steve

Contributor
ParticleDamage
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Stephanie and this is my first time doing something like this. I'm 15 but I hardly ever stick to the reading level my peers read. I look forward to starting the book, I just received it in the mail. I just have to finish my current novel and I should start A Fortunate Age by this weekend!
Frequent Contributor
GSB65
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone.  My name is Stephenie and this is my first First Look discussion.  I've just recieved my confirmation and am waiting anxiously for the book to be delivered.
Contributor
Thryth
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Thryth, and I can't wait to get started reading this book.  I'm hoping it will be an interesting read!
New User
DesertRat
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Debbie and I'm really excited to be part of this group. I can't wait to read this book!
Correspondent
CJINCA
0 Kudos

Hello, this is CJ from Northern California, looking forward to receiving the book and reading with the group!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Well, I would have my ARC but the UPS driver seems to think that I have to sign for the delivery (???????) and, as luck would have it, it is too late to make the UPS tracking system change the delivery to have it held at the depot.  Guess I'm going to have to sign the back and hope that he leaves it tomorrow while I'm at work.

I have the most bipolar delivery drivers in my area - they'll make you sign for a small package with one book but they'll leave an expensive printer on your doorstep.  *sigh*

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Reader 2
bitsy55
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  My name is Jessica and I'm from East Texas. This is my first time in the First Look Book Club.  I just got my book yesterday and can't wait to jump in!  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and joining in the discussion.
Contributor
CTMH_Amy
0 Kudos

My book has arrived! I am so excited to start reading it that I stayed up (too) late last night to finish up my other book!

My question to anyone who has done this before is this, "Is there a difference between the book we are about to read and the book that will be released to the public later on? What I mean is, will there be more editing or is this it but wrapped up in a different package as a freebie?" I honestly don't care either way, this is more out of curiousity than anything else!!

Have a great day! We are stuck in the snow here!! (and loving it!)

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wow Stephanie, welcome I get so excited when I see young people reading and joining clubs like this. I know you'll enjoy it and give some different views to the older participants like me.
Contributor
lizmont2000
0 Kudos

Mine arrived last night! Woohoo!

I am really looking forward to the discussions!

Liz

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Welcome to our new members and returning First Look veterans!

There are a lot of new people joining us for the first time and we're thrilled to have fresh voices and opinions in this forum! 

Will you tell us how you heard about this program?

Maria

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

CTMH_Amy,

Without talking about the story, itself, I'll tell you what you want to know. 

The way you see these books, now, may have further editing done to them.  There could be spelling, or grammatical changes, or format changes, before the final publication is released.  

These cover designs, as you see it, may be changed, also.  But not always.

The fun part, besides the reading and discussion, is that the publishers, the editors, the illustrators, or representatives from these departments, as well as the author, will be participating with questions and answers towards the end of our discussion.  Karen will have all of this set up, and you will be able to ask/direct your questions to anything/anyone you would like to find answers.  There are times when they may have questions for us, as readers.  It's quite an adventure! 

But, in the meantime, we read, and form our thoughts and/or questions, but cannot discuss these until Karen sets up the board for the discussion.  We adhere to these threads, and sections of discussion.  Karen will explain this.  You'll see it, once these threads are posted. 

Just my thoughts, as a reader;  I like to make notes while reading.  I tend to forget these thoughts, or questions of mine, by the time the discussion begins, or progresses!   These readings and discussions can get very detailed, depending on how you read, or want to see these stories and characters develop.  I hope this answered your questions.

Have fun!  See you in January!

Kathy S.

CTMH_Amy wrote:

My book has arrived! I am so excited to start reading it that I stayed up (too) late last night to finish up my other book!

My question to anyone who has done this before is this, "Is there a difference between the book we are about to read and the book that will be released to the public later on? What I mean is, will there be more editing or is this it but wrapped up in a different package as a freebie?" I honestly don't care either way, this is more out of curiosity than anything else!!

Have a great day! We are stuck in the snow here!! (and loving it!)

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 649 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: