Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
PinkPanther
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

I am extremely excited about this new book. I finished reading The Believers a while ago, and I am glad that we have another first look so soon. Happy readings to all.
"I ought, therefore I can"
-Immanuel Kant
Reader
pappys.girl
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Debbie and I love to read.  Can't wait to read this one.
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm  from NJ.  I am the mother of 3 pre-teen kids.  I LOVE to read and wished my kids enjoyed it as much as I do.  This book sounds great, can't wait to start.

Correspondent
detailmuse
0 Kudos

Norma, best wishes through all you have going on. I'm also in Chicagoland and look forward to this book and discussion.
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

detailmuse wrote:
Norma, best wishes through all you have going on. I'm also in Chicagoland and look forward to this book and discussion.

Thank you very much.
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Contributor
LucyLov
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Vicki, I love to read, I will read just about anything. My Husband and I moved to the woods of Arkansas from California (both born and always lived in California till now) when he retired, and we love it here.
Frequent Contributor
nedrey
0 Kudos

Hi- My name is Nicolle and I am looking forward to reading this book.  I enjoyed the last pick, The Believers
New User
Lussie
0 Kudos

Dear Karen,

I am looking forward to being part of this discussion.  I need help in registering, since nothing has asked for my address or info beyond password, etcetera.  I belong to two wonderful bookgroups that meet in members'  homes.  We are always looking for new books.  I would love to be able to suggest some as they are being published.

Thanks,

Lussie

Lussie
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Hi. I am Cheryl from Spokane, WA and I am looking forward to being a part of another great First Look Book Club.
CAG
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I have also been involved in all of the First Look opportunities, Debbie. This is a great group and I can't wait to read the book. It looks good.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
fictionhound
0 Kudos

i haven't gotten a confirm yet to be in the dicussion, but i was wondering if we could have a thread going from the beginning for those of us that will have completed the book before the online discussion starts??? i tend to read a book in one day & i don't won't to goof & reveal stuff that happens later in the book. thanks & i sure hope that i get in this one. thanks.
Frequent Contributor
mwinasu
0 Kudos

Hello, it is mwinasu and I think I am in.  It is cold and dark here today.  We are loosing about 5 minutes a day of daylight until Dec.22.  I am so glad we have so many festivals this time of year.  It gives me reasons to be happy at a time when it feels that winter will never leave.

Reader
martakay1962
0 Kudos

Hi, 

I'm Marta and I'm really looking for to reading this book and the discussion also.  I'm also looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Marta

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Jen and I am from MA.  I love reading and would read ALL the time if it was possible.  I am a teacher in second grade and reading is my way to cool down after a long day.  I am excited about this book, it seems like a good one.  I have been a part of other First Looks as well and it is a great opportunity!
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Reader 2
cjt0411
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I can't wait to read this book b/c I loved the other First Looks so much! 

Hi Bonnie! Just wanted to send out a special hello to a fellow psychologist! I used to live in rural county in NC as well. I teach psychology at a college in SC now!! 

Contributor
Grace2133
0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Grace. I'm really looking forward to this book.
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Marcílio, from Brazil. This is my third First look. I'm looking forward wonderful discussions about this book. Thanks BN for one more opportunity to participate of First Look Book Club.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey guys, its Vivian from Oklahoma. I have been in all the first look book clubs too. Well last month, just one of the two of course. :smileywink: Good to see some familiar faces and new ones too! Happy Thanksgiving all!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
danikl
0 Kudos

Greetings from sunny Arizona. My name is Diane, my husband and I are in Arizona for treatments for his cancer, otherwise we are from North Dakota. This will be my second First Look. This is such an exciting experience. Thanks to all who make it possible. My first First Look book was "The Mighty Queens of Freeville", by Amy Dickinson. It was a fun read.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you, and joining the discussions.

Contributor
Kellarmom
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Maria K. and I am excited to be joining the upcoming discussion and can hardly wait to receive my book. I am the mom of 13 children, 10 girls and 3 boys, ranging in age from 12  to 35 years old. (Yes, they are all mine and from the same sweet, devoted man I married 36 years ago.)  We are retired Army living in Bulverde, Tx.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 493 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: