Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

[ Edited ]
I received my confirmation email today.  I am looking forward to reading this book and can't wait to get started.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Message Edited by libralady on 11-26-2008 12:40 PM
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Reader
DonnaMom1
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Donna and I live in St. Louis. I am really looking forward to reading A Fortunate Age. It sounds very interesting.

Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

I just received my confirmation and I can't wait to start this book.  Right now I am finishing up the 4th book in the Twilight series.

Norma

Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Contributor
lizabet1196
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Amy.  I am from Alabama.  I look forward to reading the book.
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I received my confirmation today.  I am excited about this new book.  I have participated in each New Look since they started.  This is really a great program.  Thanks B & N.

MG

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I just got my PM announcing that I'm in the club!!!! YAY!!!

I'm Suzi and I'm from Southern CA.  I've taken part in most of the First Look ARC discussions.  I always look forward to them and absolutely adore reading what others have to say.  "A Fortunate Age" sounds like a great novel and I can't wait to crack it open.  

I really look forward to "talking" with all of you. 

Suzi 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
dhaupt
0 Kudos

DonnaMom1 wrote:

Hello,

My name is Donna and I live in St. Louis. I am really looking forward to reading A Fortunate Age. It sounds very interesting.

Hi Donna it's Debbie from St. Charles County. Welcome neighbor.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I also received my confirmation today.

Happy Thanksgiving all USers 

Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, I'm Tricia from Pennsylvania, and I can't wait to get started with this book!
KMB
Reader
KMB
0 Kudos

Hi all First Look readersKMB from Forest, VAI look forward to our conversation in January!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Hi, Karen, and everyone.   It's nice to see new and old, here.

I'm Kathy S. from So. Calif.

I'm happy to be returning to TFLBC, to read and discuss this new novel by Joanna Smith Rakoff, A Fortunate Age.

Wishing all of you a happy holiday season!

Soon,

Kathy S.

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Hi there...it's Sylvia from America's icebox...Minnesota! 

This is my second First Look book, with The Believers being the first one.  Since I am coming in sooner rather than later (like last time), I plan to be more vigilant in answering questions....and I plan on marking up my ARC.  Last time I was so very kind to it...and couldn't find the quotes I wanted when I needed to use them in responses.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone through the cold days ahead.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm April from Nebraska. This is my second time in First Look. I just got my confirmation today and can't wait to get the book. Happy Thanksgiving!
April
Frequent Contributor
Sassy398
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Sassy398  I am so thrilled with the new first look book coming soon!!! Thankyou  B&N, and the whole staff  associated with the First Look club.   Can't wait to get the ARC for A Fortunate Age.

Talk with everyone in the discussion group...If you need help just PM I'll do my best to help you.

New User
SterlingJones
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Sherry I am from New Orleans and this is my first time joining a book club.  I love to read and can't wait to get started!
Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

Linda from CT here. I've participated in all the first looks this year, have enjoyed them all, and look forward to reading and discussing AFA soon. Thank you, B&N!
No two persons ever read the same book. [Edmund Wilson]
Inspired Contributor
mapleann
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I am Maple from rural Alaska. I am very excited to be part of the First Look discussion of A Fortunate Age. I had spent the last year studying early childhood special eduation and reading a lot of technical jargon. Now, I am so thrilled to be reading for sheer enjoyment rather than for an assignment.
Reader 4
NaniNT
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to the bookclub and am looking forward to participating in the discussions

Frequent Contributor
Re76
0 Kudos

Hello, I am Renee from America's second icebox...Wisconsin.

This is my second First Look book. I also plan on marking my ARC up from the very beginning and get a better handle on the discussions this time. Thanks to Barnes and Noble for this great opportunity.

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

Luvstoread wrote:

Hi Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

I just received my confirmation and I can't wait to start this book.  Right now I am finishing up the 4th book in the Twilight series.

Norma

I am also finishing the fourth book in the Twilight series.  I will be finishing it tonight, I can't put it down.

--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 246 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: