New User
bwsuerig
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

I think I'm signed up for this Book Club.  There has to be an easier way to do this!  Excited to get the book.
BonnieWire
Frequent Contributor
nmccarthy
0 Kudos

I am Nancy and I partcipated in "The Sister" and "Songs for the Missing" First Look Book Clubs last spring. I hail from Texas. I recently finished reading "The Widow Clicquot", the true story of a French woman who created a champagne empire in the early 1800's and an historical fiction about coffee and the suffrage movement set in the late 1800's in Lonodon called "The Various Flavors of Coffee". I am now enjoying a mystery titled "A Death in Vienna". I guess I'm traveling the world through books until I have more time to travel in person.

I look forward to reading and discussing our book in early January.

New User
kzoowoman
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Ella or Kzoowoman.  I am looking forward to discussing books again- I have been in a couple of book groups, but with work and all, I found it hard to keep up with all of the books and discussions.  I am looking forward to participating in this group and learning from all of you.
Contributor
bermudaonion
0 Kudos

I'm Kathy.  I live in South Carolina and I've always loved to read.
Inspired Contributor
mattzay
0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Nancy and this is my first time with the First Look Book Club. I am very excited to be involved in this. I can't wait to start reading.:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

Hello all!

My name is Katelyn, I'm from Connecticut, and this will be my first time participating in First Look. I read a very wide range of literature which consists of basically anything I can get my hands on. I try to attend any author events possible, and some of my favorites include Wally Lamb, and Stephenie Meyer. I look forward to experiencing this new form of author reader interaction.

New User
Attia
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Marianne and I am looking forward to reading A Fortunate Age and discussing it with everyone

on this board.

Frequent Contributor
Guerneymember12
0 Kudos

Hi!  I participated in The Believers first look and it was a great experience.  I got more out of that discussion then I have any in person book club I have ever attended.  The summary of this book looks like something I would pick up at the store and want to read, so I can't wait!

I'm also a member of the paranormal and we read the best books for any of you that are a little off kilter!!! Just kidding.  I'm on kilter and that's why I love my paranormal books!!

talk to you more soon

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

My door bell rang a couple of hours ago and, by the time I reached the door, the delivery man had disappeared, but A Fortunate Age lay across my door jam!

I look forward to reading it, along with the many other books on my current reading list.  But, as always with First Look books, I anticipate the fun of discussing it with all of you. I am certain we shall also enjoy the leadership of Karen once again!

I am an avid, eclectic reader living in New Jersey.  I very much enjoy the B&N boards and the discussions here.  For a sense of a few of my reading interests, visit my profile.  I have appreciated the feedback that I have received (in personal messages) to date.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Reader 4
bookmarkSC
0 Kudos

can't wait to read the book my book blogging friend referred me to your site.

Thank s:smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Mine arrived today too! I love new books!  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
sgregg88
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Shelby and I participated in "The House at Riverton"... I am looking forward to reading this book and the discussions that we have.

Shelby

Contributor
lizmont2000
0 Kudos

Aw man!! Mine has not arrived yet, I am really looking forward to reading and discussing with you all!
Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

I got home from work yesterday and I found my book waiting for me.  I am very excited that it has arrived and I can't wait to start reading it and discussing it.
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,  My ARC also arrived yesterday.  I've already started reading and can't wait to start the discussion. 

Happy Reading

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
C-c-a
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This is my first book In the First Look Book Club. My name is Michele and I am from PA.

I look forward to reading this book with all of you.

Reader
Mamamuffy
0 Kudos

My copy of the book just arrived and I can't wait to get started.  Thanks Maria and thanks to Barnes and Noble for sponsoring this group.
Reader 2
bew1972
0 Kudos

Hi all! I'm Bridgette and new to the B&N book clubs! I just got my ARC, A Fortunate Age, and can't wait to read it and join in the discussion and hear what everyone's opinions are.:smileyhappy:
Contributor
dege
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Dee from Michigan and this will be my third time participating in the First Look. I can't wait to receive my copy and get started.
New User
KTistight
0 Kudos

Hey my name is Kayla! This is my first time doing the first look book club and I'm pretty excited.  :smileyhappy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 527 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: