Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I'm currently reading and loving it! I can't wait to read the next 2 books in the series.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1) 

Contributor
TamCG
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I just recently finished the The Dark Divine (thought it was good but was hoping it would have been better), Beautiful Creatures (liked it alot more then Dark Divine) and Going too far (very good short read).  Can't wait for Linger by Maggie Stiefvater to come out (Shiver is one of my favorites) along with Spirit Bound by Mead and the next Lesley Livingston (just finished Darklight as well).  Eternal on The Water which is being discussed on Monday was a really good book.  It's not YA which tends to be my fav but the book was written so well and totally pulled at my heart strings! 

Loved reading everyone's thoughts - I added some more to my tbr pile

Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone :smileyhappy:

I am currently reading Harry Potter (almost done with the 3rd book) for the very 1st time! When the books became so popular I had 3 very small children and not much time for reading.  Other books I've been reading are Jim Butchers Dresden Files series, Graceling and Catching Fire (great reads!), I have also read Beautiful Creatures in the last month and was happy to see on this board I wasn't the only person who thought it was a so so book.  Looking forward to reading Before I Fall very soon!

Contributor
ylin0621
0 Kudos

The Maze Runner started off slow for me, but I found myself loving it by the end. Definitely agree that I can't wait for the next book!

Contributor
ylin0621
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite YA books

Faery Rebels by R.J. Anderson (though it might fall under MG), North of Beautiful, The Study Series (top favorite YA series so far!)  and of course Graceling. I also would encourage everyone to pick Brightly Woven when it comes out in March! It was fabulous--a hint of Howl's Moving Castle. My last YA book was Dream Life and I'm hoping to start All Unquiet Things soon

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I read a lot of different genres but in the YA  ones I recently enjoyed both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.  I read Dark Divine in a day because I didn't want to put it down and also read the first four books in The Vampire Diaries.  The first three were very good and then I think the series should have ended because the fourth was a bit like an add on, not sure if I'll read the last two or not.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

I just finished the books listed below.  Both are amazing, and I highly recommend them!!

Hold Still 

After 

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Contributor
Christalina_Stuart
0 Kudos

this is a book that i have finished not that long ago, its a very interesting and good book. i'm waiting to read the sequel.

Need  

Contributor
JohnSherian4
0 Kudos

Purple Heart  I am reading this book and just wanted to say that it is great. As long as you like action. I highly recommend this book.

Contributor
MaggieMcKickButt
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Nineteen Minutes. At first it was going pretty slow and I was beginning to get annoyed, but then everything just hit me!! Now I can't put it down and I am almost done! Jodie Picoult is a great author and I love all of her books!! This one is probably my favorite. It shows so many points of view and I can understand.REALLY GOOD BOOK!!

Nineteen Minutes 

Contributor
horsefreak13
0 Kudos

I have lately read these book and am currently reading Christy and Todd the college years. I highly recommend these books!!!

Christy Miller Collection, Volume 1 

Christy Miller Collection, Volume 2  

Christy Miller Collection, Volume 3  

Christy Miller Collection, Volume 4  

Christy and Todd  

Contributor
bootzie_bday
0 Kudos

Jodi Piccoult is my favorite author--I love her books! If you've never read them, I recommend to. They have disturbing details but they're very catchy and they hook you right away. The endings will blow your mind. :smileyhappy: Jodi's books are written in everyone's point of view in the book, chapter by chapter. It really gives you the thoughts of everyone's minds.

I'm reading this book right now,

Handle with Care 

I've read this book, and it was my favorite--it's about a school shooting:

Nineteen Minutes 

I hope you enjoy these books! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
rasm
0 Kudos

The book I am currently reading is The Bourne Supremacy. It is fantastic, an action-packed novel with a great mixture of love story, mystery and some very angering tragedy.

The Bourne Supremacy 

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I would also recommend the Inkworld series by Cornelia Funke.

Inkheart (Inkheart Trilogy #1)

Inkspell (Inkheart Trilogy #2)

Inkdeath (Inkheart Trilogy #3). In this series, the main character can read herself and other characters into and out of books, and enters a fictional world to save it from a villain. I read them in German (I find reading YA books helps me keep up my language skills, such as they are), and I really enjoyed them, but I can't speak for the English translation specifically.

Contributor
Clyo
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading...

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2) 

And, after that, I'm going to read...

Hush, Hush  

Contributor
TheEagerReaders
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love so many of the books you all are mentioning!  Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments books are particular favorites!  I truly can't wait to read Clockwork Angel, the first book in Cassandra's Infernal Devices series & I'm really looking forward to reading City of Fallen Angels in 2011!  :smileyhappy:  I also love Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games books (#TeamPeeta FTW!) and Kristin Cashore's Graceling and Fire.  Can't wait to read Bitterblue.  I recently finished Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Creatures, Cindy Pon's Silver Phoenix, & Jaclyn Dolamore's Magic Under Glass.  Right now I am reading Diana Peterfreund's Rampant and Lauren Kate's The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove.  :smileyhappy:

http://theeagerreaders.blogspot.com/
Contributor
kimmyblair
0 Kudos

DSlaughter wrote:

Hello Everyone :smileyhappy:

I am currently reading Harry Potter (almost done with the 3rd book) for the very 1st time! When the books became so popular I had 3 very small children and not much time for reading. 

That is so exciting!!! I am someone who has read the Harry Potter books OVER AND OVER again, and sometimes wish I could be reading these books for the first time again. I hope you enjoy them!

Please visit my book blog: http://kimmyblair.wordpress.com/
Contributor
0 Kudos

I love to read!  That says it all! 

Recently I have read The Pillars of the Earth, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, U is for (can't think of it right now), Beach House, Tara Road (for the third time)!

Looking forward to receiving my FIRST first look copy of Before I Fall and participating in the discussion!

Contributor
myalternatereality
0 Kudos

I know what you mean about waiting for the sequels. It should be a great fall for reading though!

Contributor
2britt13
0 Kudos

I just finished Marked and it was a very good book and I would recommend the book to people who like fantasy.

Marked (House of Night Series #1)