Contributor
ashley558
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I read twilight and highly recomend it. This book will be good for anyone who likes fantasy books.

Twilight 

Contributor
JohnSherian4
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite YA books

I also read the Hunger Games series and it was a wonderful one at that, I can't wait until the next book comes out in September of 2010

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

myalternatereality wrote:

I know what you mean about waiting for the sequels. It should be a great fall for reading though!

Wating for Hush,Hush.sequel "Crescendo" to be released fall 2010..Agreed  The Fall be overflowing with "The Next Book" for so many of us waiting readers....Vtc...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

Thanks they are great books aren't they! I'm on The Order of the Phoenix now and they just keep getting better and better.  I've never seen one of the movies either so most of the stuff is new, but of course I know a few things that are going to happen from all the hype :smileyhappy:

Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

I bought this book and The Help at B&N today..looking forward to reading it myself!

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Alice I Have Been which is fictional account using what facts there are about the girl Alice in Wonderland was based on.  I am almost done with Knit, Purl, Die a mystery novel and also working on Eternal on the Water for another FL club.  My next book to start is Veracity which is a little different than my usual reads.  I like to challenge myself not to read the same genre all the time.

I think I mentioned in a different post that joining my first FL book club got me motivated to start a blog.  This week I am trying my first ever contest.  If you are interested in entering to win one of five copies of "Corked" come on by :  http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/2010/01/giveaway-corked-by-kathryn-borel.html

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Contributor
0 Kudos

I enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo and just startd The Girl Who Played with Fire.  What is the next book in this series?

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

0104 wrote:

I enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo and just startd The Girl Who Played with Fire.  What is the next book in this series?

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Reader 2
Tessa_Haize
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Fallen by Lauren Kate and it was an amazing book. It was one where when you start reading you keep reading so that you can find out what happens next, but slow at the same time. I loved reading it and trying to piece everything together along with the main character. Great book and I definitely recommend it. Can't wait for the second book!!

~Forever I Trust, Give Hope & Have Faith~

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Tessa_Haize wrote:

I just finished reading Fallen by Lauren Kate and it was an amazing book. It was one where when you start reading you keep reading so that you can find out what happens next, but slow at the same time. I loved reading it and trying to piece everything together along with the main character. Great book and I definitely recommend it. Can't wait for the second book!!

bittembybooks.com    Is interviewing Lauren Kate..Now !! I just saw it on twitter,,Thanks for your reviewVtc,Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
Christalina_Stuart
0 Kudos

Breaking Dawn  I just finished this book about 3 days ago and it was wonderful. I would have to say this is the best book out of the entire twilight series. It includes good action scenes and romance scenes. If you loved eclipse and thought it was the best book, get ready to hold on to the edge of your seat for Breaking Dawn!

Contributor
Christalina_Stuart
0 Kudos

Wings  I just read wings and it was a really good fantasy book. I thought it was a great story plot and I absolutely loved the ending of the book. I am hoping for a sequel to come out soon. I really liked how the book ending left you hanging. It made you want to just keep reading through the book. I thought that this was a good book for you fantasy book lovers. It was like Twilight because it talked about myths and what was true and why humans thought that it was true but it wasn't. I suggest this book to readers who like a little bit of romance and fantasy along with a hint of action in it.

The book Wings started off in a totally different direction then the rest of the book and then surprised you with what happens to Laurel. You don't expect it at all until the next few chapters. Now it is a little obvious in the next few chapters what will happen because of the title, but it is great. It isn't exactly the same. I suggest this book and Love it!

Contributor
mom2busyboys
0 Kudos

I read Lips Touch Three Times, it was excellent.  I also just read Ice by Sarah Beth Durst (a take off of the fairy tale East of the Sun and West of the Moon), loved it.

Another great book that is The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.  I couldn't put it down!

Just started Ruined by Paula Morris, but haven't gotten too far into that.

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world!" --David Tennant "Doctor Who"

http://janasbooklist.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished and loved:

Deeper Than the Dead 

A dark mystery by one of my favorite authors in the genre

Contributor
lau05
0 Kudos

my idea about Breaking Dawn don' t change after I've read. I prefer Eclipse as the best of the saga. In the last book, it's foreseeable what is going to happen. and I think that the book could be thinner. about Stieg Larsson, I've read the trilogy Millenium, and I have to say, the two first books I love them, but the last book, it has too many words maybe. the explanation about Seg...I know it's necessary to understand the story. but it's very boring. the final of the characters I liked.

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I just finished Undone by Brooke Taylor and really enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure about reading it but in the end it was well worth it. It was one of those books that got me thinking and I would reccomend it.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Contributor
spaz_k7
0 Kudos

bookrooted, I haven't read Fragile Eternity yet but loved the other two books. Please let me know if you enjoy it and think it's worth reading!

bookrooted wrote:

im reading Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr. So far so good, and it's been my favorite out of the other two books.

i have on question about the first look

if we get the free book, do we have to return it after we read it and stuff? im pretty sure we keep it but im just confused....

Contributor
spaz_k7
0 Kudos

I love The Historian as well. It is very well written with a lot of in depth detail. I love how many legends and myths the writer includes in the story. I found a few parts difficult to get through but I plan to reread it this summer. Has anyone read Elizabeth Kostova's second book? I haven't read it yet but would like to know what you think of it before I buy it.

Rebz wrote:

I'm currently reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian with my school's book club. I didn't think I'd like it, but I absolutely LOVE it, its up on my favorites list!  It's a little lengthy, but a very easy and fast read.  It sucks you in and you don't even realize its so long---you don't mind it AT ALL! If you like history and different cultures, this is the book for you because of the vivid descriptions of countries like Turkey. And of course, this book is mainly about VAMPIRES. So if you are a vampire fan...this one is DEFINITELY for you!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

spaz_k7 wrote:

bookrooted, I haven't read Fragile Eternity yet but loved the other two books. Please let me know if you enjoy it and think it's worth reading!

bookrooted wrote:

im reading Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr. So far so good, and it's been my favorite out of the other two books.

i have on question about the first look

if we get the free book, do we have to return it after we read it and stuff? im pretty sure we keep it but im just confused....

I have read all three of the books and out of the three fragile etenity is my favorite. I definetely think it is worth reading!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I recently read The Swan Thieves, which is her second book. It's very different from The Historian. Instead of retelling the Dracula story, it focuses on uncovering the reasons behind an artist's apparent mental illness (he attacks a painting at the National Gallery of Art)--reasons that are rooted in a mystery at the heart of French Impressionism. I didn't like it quite as much as The Historian, but it was well-written, and it shares the same method of assembling bits of a hidden story. I would recommend checking it out of the library (or reading the first few pages in the bookstore) to see if you like it before you buy it.

spaz_k7 wrote:

I love The Historian as well. It is very well written with a lot of in depth detail. I love how many legends and myths the writer includes in the story. I found a few parts difficult to get through but I plan to reread it this summer. Has anyone read Elizabeth Kostova's second book? I haven't read it yet but would like to know what you think of it before I buy it.

Rebz wrote:

I'm currently reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian with my school's book club. I didn't think I'd like it, but I absolutely LOVE it, its up on my favorites list!  It's a little lengthy, but a very easy and fast read.  It sucks you in and you don't even realize its so long---you don't mind it AT ALL! If you like history and different cultures, this is the book for you because of the vivid descriptions of countries like Turkey. And of course, this book is mainly about VAMPIRES. So if you are a vampire fan...this one is DEFINITELY for you!