Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I'm glad you enjoyed this book as much as I did!

bootzie_bday wrote:

That's cool! I just finished reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and it was the shortest but most entertaining adventure I've ever read. :smileyhappy:

If I Stay 

It's a story of love, accomplishments, and learning new things. I think anyone, any age (above 12 so they understand) would enjoy how this book turns out. If you don't like reading about death though, this isn't the book for you.

-Brianna :smileyhappy:

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
dhaupt
0 Kudos

MaggieMcKickButt wrote:
what is this about? Isn't it like a mystery?! Is this the first book in the series? how many books are there?
jabrkeKB wrote:

I'm currently reading and loving it! I can't wait to read the next 2 books in the series.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1) 

Hi Maggie, this is definitely a crime mystery translated from Swedish. There are three books in the series only unfortunately because the author died suddenly.

He was supposed to have ten books and has several unfinished manuscripts lying around being fought over by his family as what to do with them.

The series is absolutely worth reading if you like hard core mysteries, the characters are unbelievable and the plots are great. I've read all three.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Been around for a while but The Giver by Lois Lowry is a great novel.

Contributor
BoilerWriter
0 Kudos

My goal this year is 100 books also. That's only two per week, but it's still challenging. So far I'm on book seven for January. Was hoping to receive this book in time to end out the month reading it. 

Inspired Contributor
ambika22
0 Kudos

I just finished reading 4th book of VA series: Blood promise. I cant believe the author finished it like that! I cant wait to read the next one. unfortunately there are still some months left before the release.

Contributor
mwallslawson
0 Kudos

CharminKB, I've got the date for the third Hunger Games on my calendar, too! =D  I'm SO excited.

I'm happy to hear that so many of you like If I StayI tried to get an ARC of it from another site but didn't manage; it's still on my to-read list but the libraries around here don't have it.  

100 books a year is a lot to manage, so I'm working up to it. I was really proud of myself last year- I read 75 (the year before as well).  It definitely helped that spring semester last year I was in a YA literature class and had to read 30 by mid-March.  I could read a lot more before I taught; now I do well to read 30 during the whole school year and then I just glut myself during the summer.  At least it's getting better- my first year teaching I could only read about three books other than what I was teaching.  I felt like I was missing half of my life!

You must become who you are - Nietzsche

~ blog ~ tweet ~ read ~ more ~
New User
thrasherfan
0 Kudos

A friend of mine gave me a great little book to keep track of what I read this year.  My goal is to fill up all of the pages by the end of the year.  I just finished filling in page 12!!

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I received my copy on Friday in Charlottesville, VA. I'm looking forward to our discussion.

Frequent Contributor
GReba
0 Kudos

Alright!  I just received my book yesterday...so I guess I get to participate in this new first look read!  (YAY!)  Will be starting very soon....can't wait to discuss it with all of you and get your thoughts!  Happy reading! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I got before i fall yesterday as well, & now im really excited to start reading it! I've heard from others that it is amazing(:

(havent had a chance yet because of school; ugh.)

cant wait to discuss it with everybody as well! :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g

Delirium

I just saw on Lauren's blog that her second novel will be called Delirium and published in 2011. She describes it as "a dystopian Romeo-and-Juliet story." You can find her blog here.

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I just read Leviathan and found it absolutely delightful. It's steampunk set during WWI and while it takes some liberties with the history, I enjoyed the way it set up the war (Darwinists v. Clankers), getting to know its youthful protagonists, and the pacing of the plot. Caveat Lector--it's definitely part of a series and ends mid-stream, so if you're the type who can't abide waiting, don't pick this one up till October when its sequel (Behemoth) will also be available!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

krb2g wrote:

I just read Leviathan and found it absolutely delightful. It's steampunk set during WWI and while it takes some liberties with the history, I enjoyed the way it set up the war (Darwinists v. Clankers), getting to know its youthful protagonists, and the pacing of the plot. Caveat Lector--it's definitely part of a series and ends mid-stream, so if you're the type who can't abide waiting, don't pick this one up till October when its sequel (Behemoth) will also be available!

vtcozy  wrote     ..scottwesterfeld@gmail.com Beautiful website..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

I finished the first two chapters and can't wait for the questions!

Kathy

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I started reading on into chapter 3,then I saw Rachels Schedule,and your post..kpatton,."Before I Fall " is calling me to finish,but I will stay on schedule.I like the group experience and the discussion..Lauren's blog.website and following Lauren on twitter is great..On twitter its  Oliverbooks,if you want to follow.. Vtc..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Still waiting in rural Missouri, hope the little brown truck stops by my house today!

Frequent Contributor
CleverTwenty
0 Kudos

Received mine. Will start it shortly, before discussion starts. EXCITED!

Http://cleverlyinked.blogspot.com
Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

I read the 1st 3 chapters and was all settled to sit down tonight and finish this book! Its very captivating.  Thankfully I looked at the schedule so I'm not to far ahead! Kind of a newbie to this but I will say it's going to be hard to read just a couple chapters at a time since it's quiet a page turner!

Contributor
mwallslawson
0 Kudos

I can't figure out how to quote on this board, but krb2g, I saw that blog and I am SOOO excited for that book! I'm just itching to read that one already.  I have a serious soft spot for anything dystopian AND for anything that's a re-imagining of an old story.  Combine that with how much I loved Before I Fall.... I'm afraid I'm going to turn into quite the pest until I've got that in my hot little hands!

You must become who you are - Nietzsche

~ blog ~ tweet ~ read ~ more ~
Contributor
veronica1890
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Please feel free to discuss what you like here.

What have you read lately? Tell us!

I finished reading Hush Hush last night and it was pretty good. 

PaulH wrote:

Please feel free to discuss what you like here.

What have you read lately? Tell us!