Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Re: I Bailed on the Schedule and Read the Whole Thing:

I just finished reading the book and I gotta say in the last chapter I kinda predicted she was going to have to die in order for everything to take place because in life and in everything , all things come to an end , and it is impossible to cheat dead which is why I knew something like this would eventually happen.

I liked the part when she reflected about whether to know when everything was going to be your last or not , and how it would be awful to know since you would have to hold on to things and that would make it far more worse which is why not knowing was better , I always wanted to know when would be my last day , last food and now I see things from a different perspective in which instead of worrying I enjoy all things and give 150% into having a great time in the situation instead of taking for granted that I will have another day.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Frequent Contributor
Annette94
0 Kudos

I really hoped that Sam didn't die in the end. I wanted to see her elationship with Kent grow and be established... But only so much can happen in one day. Kent was such a sweetheart, and Rob was a total jerk. :Z

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I'm glad to see a thread like this.  I did the same thing as many of you.  I knew there was a discussion schedule, but didn't read carefully, because I didn't realize we couldn't read on until it was too late.  I tried to be really careful with the first discussion and even re-read things to make sure I wasn't going ahead of myself.  

I really enjoyed just reading what everyone else has to say about the end.  Like myalternaterea, I had similar thoughts when (s)he stated:  

Also, anyone else think that if Sam could save Juliet she might get to keep living? Or wonder why at the end of day 7 Juliet got to escape her fate yet Sam still met hers? I realize Sam died a heroic death and had finally come to grips with who she was and what truly mattered in life and perhaps Juliet had more to learn before she died. I was mostly curious to see if anyone else was thinking along these lines.

I was thinking something very similar when I finished the book.  I wondered why she was allowed to change and become a better person if she still died at the end.  Reading everyone's thoughtful responses gave me food for thought, though.  I have new ways of looking at it now and for that, I love this thread.  I really like when books make you reflect and give you so many varying possibilities to consider.  

vpenning and vermontcozy, I'm glad you guys also caught some of the stuff Juliet said to Sam.  It made me think that maybe she was repeating the day as well.  I would love to know if this was intentional or not.

:smileyhappy:

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Normally I adhere to the schedule but this time I couldn't get started until the second week which threw me off.

Then furthermore I started reading and I couldn't stop...........lol

What an amazing book.

I'm looking forward to going through the various posts now that I KNOW what happened and seeing the views of others who read according to the schedule.

It was amazing to see the changes Sam made and what she perceived as important even time she was given another opportunity.

I actually felt as though I was changing right along with her.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

I was thinking some of the same things. I was very curious about the other people and how the different days affected them too. The thing I wondered the most was what day was really Sam's last? I hope for everyone's sake it was the 7th and final day. It would be nice if the lessons she had learned benefited those she left behind as well.

Bonnie_W wrote:

I'm glad to see a thread like this.  I did the same thing as many of you.  I knew there was a discussion schedule, but didn't read carefully, because I didn't realize we couldn't read on until it was too late.  I tried to be really careful with the first discussion and even re-read things to make sure I wasn't going ahead of myself.  

I really enjoyed just reading what everyone else has to say about the end.  Like myalternaterea, I had similar thoughts when (s)he stated:  

Also, anyone else think that if Sam could save Juliet she might get to keep living? Or wonder why at the end of day 7 Juliet got to escape her fate yet Sam still met hers? I realize Sam died a heroic death and had finally come to grips with who she was and what truly mattered in life and perhaps Juliet had more to learn before she died. I was mostly curious to see if anyone else was thinking along these lines.

I was thinking something very similar when I finished the book.  I wondered why she was allowed to change and become a better person if she still died at the end.  Reading everyone's thoughtful responses gave me food for thought, though.  I have new ways of looking at it now and for that, I love this thread.  I really like when books make you reflect and give you so many varying possibilities to consider.  

vpenning and vermontcozy, I'm glad you guys also caught some of the stuff Juliet said to Sam.  It made me think that maybe she was repeating the day as well.  I would love to know if this was intentional or not.

:smileyhappy:

Contributor
Keyve

I wish I could have form part of this subject, I finished reading it today!! (I received the book on Sunday)  But I loved it and I do concur with some of you that it was time for Sam she the opportunity to actually changes things and she did it and I think that make her even braver because she decided to save the girl... it was just heroic!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I'm glad your book came. It read on schedule for awhile.

But I can that it was a good book to read all at once.

Be sure to posts your comment. There is a thread for I bailed and read the whole thing.

pen32

Keyve wrote:

I wish I could have form part of this subject, I finished reading it today!! (I received the book on Sunday)  But I loved it and I do concur with some of you that it was time for Sam she the opportunity to actually changes things and she did it and I think that make her even braver because she decided to save the girl... it was just heroic!

Contributor
mwallslawson
0 Kudos

Zeal wrote:

I was also glad and felt it quite a meaningful choice of Lauren's to allow Sam to die a virgin.  How sad would it have been for her to give herself away to someone like Rob...all for nothing.   

I agree!!! ESPECIALLY since her wish was to have one KISS that really meant something to her... to almost have lost her virginity without having a life-changing kiss is just terribly sad... I think it speaks a lot to who Sam is that her wish was for a true romance.

You must become who you are - Nietzsche

~ blog ~ tweet ~ read ~ more ~
Contributor
cdehn
0 Kudos

I finished the book last night. I had to start and stop so many times that I could not keep to a schedule. I like the idea though. I really enjoyed this book. I wanted the ending to be different but we were "warned" 7 times at the possibility of an unhappy ending. This book made me look at my high school and see many similarities on how students treat each other. The behaviors are scary and perhaps if teens read this they'll think about making good choices.

Contributor
Catalina_P
0 Kudos

Well hello everyone this is my first post concerning this book, and its probably pointless. Ive had internet problems so i havnt been able to catch up. I just wanted to say that i did enjoy this one lol. The story was quite catchy and i did learn to love most of the characters even though i did wanted to strangle the mean girls in the beginning lol. My only complaint is that it became a little too repetitive, I know that being repetitive is the main occurring theme but i just felt that some times it seemed too much. Thats my small input, i'll try to keep up next time ^_^