Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Sex and Romance

Sam's three steamy scenes?

Sam and her friends have all had crushes on the math teacher, who has flirted fairly openly. During Sam's new leave-skidmarks-method of burning through her last day, she openly makes a pass at him, and he responds. What Sam's response to this, and what was yours? What do you think of Mr. Daimler?

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam?

Sam spends time alone with Kent in the dark rooms of his house, away from the noise of the party, and he holds her hand to take her to a guest room and tucks her in so that she can sleep. Are there ways this scene is romantic that the "sex" scenes in this chapter aren't?

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Re: Sex and Romance

Sam and her friends have all had crushes on the math teacher, who has flirted fairly openly. During Sam's new leave-skidmarks-method of burning through her last day, she openly makes a pass at him, and he responds. What Sam's response to this, and what was yours? What do you think of Mr. Daimler? I think Sam was really surprised that he repsonded like that. I don't think she actually expected him to do anything and when he did, she found herself looking for a way out.

Sam spends time alone with Kent in the dark rooms of his house, away from the noise of the party, and he holds her hand to take her to a guest room and tucks her in so that she can sleep. Are there ways this scene is romantic that the "sex" scenes in this chapter aren't? This is way more romantic than the so called "sex" scenes. It shows he really cares about Sam and not just trying to get in her pants.

Frequent Contributor
milkamilka

Sam and her friends have all had crushes on the math teacher, who has flirted fairly openly. During Sam's new leave-skidmarks-method of burning through her last day, she openly makes a pass at him, and he responds. What Sam's response to this, and what was yours? What do you think of Mr. Daimler?

I first thought that Mr. Daimler is this gorgeous guy since he is described like that in the book. But when he responds to Sam I just started to see him as disgusting. I've read some really good books about a girl and her teacher having a relationship without thinking that the teacher is disgusting. In this one I just started to dislike him from the moment he responded to Sam.

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam?

The scene is not steamy at all and I was very happy it turned out to be like it it, nothing really happens.

Sam spends time alone with Kent in the dark rooms of his house, away from the noise of the party, and he holds her hand to take her to a guest room and tucks her in so that she can sleep. Are there ways this scene is romantic that the "sex" scenes in this chapter aren't?

Not really a "sex" scene but it is the only romantic scene from these two scenes. Kent is the one who actually haves some feelins for Sam and who wants more than just to use her.

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Wow just realized I didn't get part of my post all typed up.

What do you think of Mr. Daimler? This guy seriously creeped me out. At first I thought it was a teenage crush but when she went all at and threw herself at him and he pratically mauled her right there. Ick! What a perv.

New User
Caitlynxx
0 Kudos

I first thought that Mr. Daimler is this gorgeous guy since he is described like that in the book. But when he responds to Sam I just started to see him as disgusting. I've read some really good books about a girl and her teacher having a relationship without thinking that the teacher is disgusting. In this one I just started to dislike him from the moment he responded to Sam.

The scene is not steamy at all and I was very happy it turned out to be like it it, nothing really happens.

Not really a "sex" scene but it is the only romantic scene from these two scenes. It really shows that Kent wants Sam to feel safe. He loves her and shows it greatly in this act. I think if Sam would open her eyes she'd see Kent's not out to use her like Rob.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I think Mr. Daimler's response really opened her eyes about his true character.  It isn't just an act, it took very little to have him act on it and then it was pretty fast that she realized that it wasn't what she wanted at all.  It reminded me a bit a scene from a movie (I can't think of the title, it has Charlize Theron and she worked as a miner on the 80's and there is a scene with a teacher that was very creepy).  Youa re supposed to be able to trust teachers but this shows that no one is 100% trustworthy.  It isn't a game and it is a line that should never be crossed.

I think she is learning more and more that Kent was always a true friend to her and she undervalued him to stay popular, when true friendship and understanding is more important.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

- Sam's response to Mr. Daimler's actions were probably much to her surprise. She thought that it would be amazing, but she ended up really disgusted, like I did. At first in the beginnings i thought he was smiling and joking about her niave-ness, but when i found out he was serious, i too was disgusted by him, and agree that line should never be crossed and that he should know better. I think Mr. Daimler is stupid for making that choice with his student, even though Sam started it, he should have never continued and stopped it, but instead he got involved. Its sad and sick.

- That experience for Sam was all too rushed and honestly sad. I understand she tried to do that to escape the Juliet-Madness, but we all know it wasn't worth it. I mean the guy fell asleep, and even though it might not have been the right choice, i sort of felt sorry for Sam. The timing wasn't right, but the experience was supposed to mean a lot to her. My opinion of Rob hasn't changed to much. Yeah it was a little crappy of him, i don't know if he fell asleep out of being drunk or bored (maybe both?) but he still is that same hormonal teenage boy. My opinion of Sam though was a little disappointed, thinking she could do a little better than that. Also pity, because the whole experience wasn't great under the circumstances.

-This scene is romantic compared to the scenes with Mr. Daimler and Rob because it showed that Kent was respecting her, and truly cared. In the scenes with Mr. Daimler and Rob there absolutely was no romance, just a disturbing lust. Both Rob and Mr. Daimler just wanted to do her, but Kent just wanted to make her comfortable and didn't really try to make any moves. 

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

its one thing to have a crush on you teacher and innocently flirt with him but to have him actually flirt back and then when given the chance he jumps on it is discusting... could that happen again if another pretty girl gives him the oppertunity? and why is he going after high school girls anyways? he is just creepy and discusting... 

my opinion of Rob is the same as ever, this just proves hes not the guy Sam thought he was. I cant really believe she is even going along with this after the last party when he left her. In a way I am really glad he passed out and that nothing happend cause I know she would have regreted it as much as she did the teacher. and if she wouldnt have had this experiance she wouldnt have been led to the other room where Kent came and talked with her. 

I loved this part of the book. I was already falling love with Kent and this just showed so much about him. he truely cares for Sam and its not just attraction. I really hope that Sam realises that Kent is the one she should focus on and give up on Rob.

Contributor
lau05

I thought Mr Daimler wasn't so bad as he looked like, firstly. Then, when Sam put to Mr Daimler to the test, finally we see that he is a pervert. He isn't able to respect the relationship teacher-pupil. Thanks to God, Sam is clever and finally doesn't repeat the same mistake with him.

In my opinion, that Kent is with Sam in that dark room and leads her to a room so she can sleep, it's very romantic. He demonstrate he doesn't love her as Rob, only for having sex with her. He loves her because always was fallen in love of her, since she was his heroine.

Contributor
cynthial11
0 Kudos

At first I thought Mr. Daimler sounded like a really hot teacher and thought it was just an innocent crush. After he responded to Sam's teasing and flirting i thought he was a pervert. I don't think Sam thought that he would jump on her, she probably thought he was going to dismiss her. I think she was also expecting something magical to happen and not some nasty sweating teacher. 

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam? I think she was just desperate to get away and she made a wrong choice of trying to forget about everything that was going on in the other room by distracting herself with Rob. My opinion of Rob didn't change at all, he was still some immature selfish guy.

Sam spends time alone with Kent in the dark rooms of his house, away from the noise of the party, and he holds her hand to take her to a guest room and tucks her in so that she can sleep. Are there ways this scene is romantic that the "sex" scenes in this chapter aren't? Yes, most definitely. I thought that this was soo romantic and sweet. I loved Kent and how he tries to help Sam no matter how she acts. He was the sweetest guy, and the other "sex" scenes weren't romantic at all.

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam? The steamy scene ends when Rob falls asleep & I'm certainly happy he fell asleep because I didn't want them to have sex. Deep down inside I felt like she belonged with Kent & that eventually she would be with him. I don't like Rob because Sam has revealed how he used to treat her when they were younger & how he made it seem like she was a nobody compared to him. At this point I'm not liking what Sam is doing at all.

Contributor
Olibhe

Sam and her friends have all had crushes on the math teacher, who has flirted fairly openly. During Sam's new leave-skidmarks-method of burning through her last day, she openly makes a pass at him, and he responds. What Sam's response to this, and what was yours? What do you think of Mr. Daimler?  When this happens with Mr. Daimler I think both Sam and I were disgusted with him, that he would actually do such a thing, especially with so much ferocity like he'd been holding it in the whole time. What a perv! is all I have to say about him. She's only a teenager! although she wasn't all that much younger than him.

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam? I think I disliked Rob from the start, his feelings always just didn't seem genuine for her, like he was just dating her because she was popular and he wanted to 'get some'.

Heck yeah. Kent treats her with a respect that none of the other guys do and though they don't do anything they are intimate on a whole nother level. I hope to find a guy like Kent some day.

Frequent Contributor
tennisgirl3194
0 Kudos

At first, Mr. Daimler sounded like a nice guy and a good teacher. After that scene with Sam, I haven't pictured him in the same light. Harmless flirting was kind of cute, but when he was responding to Sam he became disgusting. At least Sam was smart enough to get herself out of there. That made me like her the tiniest bit more.

Sam is disappointed in Rob, who she thought was "the one" for her and the perfect guy. Now she's starting to realize he's not perfect at all and that maybe she should start exploring other options.

This scene is much more romantic than the other two scenes! It's not disturbing or disgusting, it's sweet. I think Kent is a nice guy who still remembers the Sam he used to know and is willing to look past the new layers she's put up to see the real her is still there. I'm really hoping Sam comes to appreciate him more in the end.

=] =] =]
Contributor
veronica1890
0 Kudos

I dont think any of her close encounters with sex are romantic whatsoever. Mr. Daimler is a total pedofile  that need to be locked up. I think Rob is a highly classified pervert that just wants one thing, and that is to get in her pants. Other then those two i really enjoyed Kent, i thought that all of their scenes were really romantic and sweet. I almost cried at the end of the book because they were so sweet.

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Like a few other people have mentioned, in the first few days I didn't see anything particularly wrong with Mr. Daimler. But I think it's really telling that Kent does from the first moments in which we meet him. Although the scene where Kent tucks Sam in is more overtly romantic than him telling her what a creep Mr. Daimler is, I think the fact that he can recognize him as a predator and tries to warn Sam before she gets in over her head is just as romantic.

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Sam and her friends have all had crushes on the math teacher, who has flirted fairly openly. During Sam's new leave-skidmarks-method of burning through her last day, she openly makes a pass at him, and he responds. What Sam's response to this, and what was yours? What do you think of Mr. Daimler? I was shocked Mr. Daimler responded to Sam, what a creep!! I think Sam didn't expect it either and then she tried to backpedal.

Sam also decides, in order to escape again experiencing the awful attack on Juliet Sykes to make a pass at Rob. How does this "steamy" scene turn out for Sam--and the reader? Has your opinion of Rob changed at all? How about your opinion of Sam? I was so glad he fell asleep! My opinion of Rob has not changed, he is a typical teen male.

I didn't see this scene as romantic, just one person helping another.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Mr. Daimler moved from being creepy to being an out and out pervert.  I'm glad that Sam was not as enthralled as she thought she might be with his advances.

Rob is Rob.  I think Sam has all along known he was not the one for her.  This latest scene just reinforces that feeling.

Kent shows the difference between lust and truly caring for someone.  What a good lesson for Sam.

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

I was shocked by both Sam's actions towards Mr. Daimler and his response. I felt since he was older and held a position of authority, he should have been able to resist temptation. I lost respect for him and hope Sam now knows what a creep he is and stays away from him.

Rob is still the typical horny, teenage guy. It was a little funny to me how all this time he wanted to have sex with Sam and the moment he gets the chance, he's too drunk and ends up passing out. I'm glad it happened this way though, because I think Sam would have regretted it later. It seems to me that she's starting to realize that she's not as in love with him as she thought.

Kent was so sweet to Sam. He was truly looking out for her well-being and only wanted what was best for her. He's such a great guy, he would never take advantage of Sam. In that way, Kent taking care of Sam was the most romantic of "sex" scenes.

April
Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Ok,Sam has been flirting with this teacher for quite sometime now, grant it the actions that took place between them should have never happend...I do believe in the real world that's called statutory rape,

reguardless if it is consentual or not. At first, I think Sam is taken by surprise, but then gives in, so

why all of a sudden Mr. Daimler is a pervert,besides the fact he's much older than Sam???

Again Sam has leaded another male on,but at least this one is closer in age,but this attempt turns

out to be a total bust for her. My opinion for either one of them has not changed up to this point of the story.

If things were different, Sam and Kent would probally become more involved romantic wise, but

because of peer presure she puts up a wall between them.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Mr. Daimier acts very irresponsibly.  At no time is it acceptable for a teacher to flirt with a student.  It is quite obvious that he is engaging in this game with his female students.  He enjoys the attention that he receives.  When Sam goes one step further by advancing her interests in Mr. Daimier, I was not surprised by his reaction.  It was obvious that he was "playing" the game all a long, and the temptation was just too great for the creep!  

Kent's reaction to Sam is definitely one of caring and much more romantic than anything Sam has ever experienced before.  This is why she is completely confused.  Sam doesn't know what to think of Kent's attention.  She feels something special that she never felt before, so she does not recognize it for what it is...true caring, romance, and even love.

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper