Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Watch the Trailer!

I know some of you tracked this down already, but here's the trailer for the book. Enjoy!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Watch the Trailer!

It is interesting to watch the trailer again after starting the book. Thanks, Paul  :smileywink:

PaulH wrote:

I know some of you tracked this down already, but here's the trailer for the book. Enjoy!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
TheEagerReaders
0 Kudos

Excellent trailer!  :smileyhappy:

http://theeagerreaders.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
ambika22
0 Kudos

Loved it :smileyvery-happy:! And I imagined Sam just like that!

Contributor
historygirl2008AS
0 Kudos

cool trailer thanks paul

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Interesting trailer. Thanks for posting it. I like how we're seeing more and more book trailers come out.

Contributor
cynthial11
0 Kudos

Awesome trailer!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew

This is the UK trailer. It is different than the one in the US.

They both really entice you to read the book.

If you go here and scroll to past episodes, the first selection is a podcast with Lauren Oliver on her book. She sounds delightful.

Frequent Contributor
ruthieWW
0 Kudos

This trailer is so in tune with the book, and pulls the audience into the story immediately.

Contributor
mariaev
0 Kudos

I started reading the book this morning....it was great to see the trailer!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

This is the UK trailer. It is different than the one in the US.

They both really entice you to read the book.

If you go here and scroll to past episodes, the first selection is a podcast with Lauren Oliver on her book. She sounds delightful.

I watched both the UK and Us Trailers.and the podcast.Very moving..very powerful 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
lau05
0 Kudos

It's the second or third time that I watch a trailer. It seems to me a good way to know the content of a book. This, concretly, I liked it. I consider difficult tell a book in almost two minutes. excellent!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

The two trailers and the podcast were great.

Thanks for posting these. They really help the book come alive.

pen21

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I just watched the trailer for the first time, I wanted to have started the book first to get my own ideas.  I love the fact that books are now being marketed with trailers like movies and really hope that this gets more people into reading.  I know so many people who don't really read at all and that just makes me sad.  For Valentines's Day I got my children's teachers, dance teachers, troop leaders and bus drivers all bookmarks, the fancier kind, and never enven stopped to think that they might not read.  Too late now, that is what they are getting, but how can you go through life never reading or using your imagination to picture a story?

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Vt Cozy wrote :smileyvery-happy:ear jb70...After reading your post I was brought back to when my daughter(25),was younger involved in dance,brownies ,tennis,etc..And what you bought was very appropriate..Next time you can give a list of YA novels..:  )Its always the thought..Did you watch the UK and the US trailers?..I liked them both..Enjoy the book. Its always a learning experience......
jb70 wrote:

I just watched the trailer for the first time, I wanted to have started the book first to get my own ideas.  I love the fact that books are nod with trailers like movies and really hope that this gets more people into reading.  I know so many people who don't really read at all and that just makes me sad.  For Valentines's Day I got my children's teachers, dance teachers, troop leaders and bus drivers all bookmarks, the fancier kind, and never enven stopped to think that they might not read.  Too late now, that is what they are getting, but how can you go through life never reading or using your imagination to picture a story?

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

The love of reading has to be encouraged at an early age. My daughter always read to her kids and now she is in a mother daughter book group with my granddaughter. It started when she was in the 3rd or 4th grade and she is now in 5th. The kids love it.

Vermontcozy wrote:
Vt Cozy wrote :smileyvery-happy:ear jb70...After reading your post I was brought back to when my daughter(25),was younger involved in dance,brownies ,tennis,etc..And what you bought was very appropriate..Next time you can give a list of YA novels..:  )Its always the thought..Did you watch the UK and the US trailers?..I liked them both..Enjoy the book. Its always a learning experience......
jb70 wrote:

I just watched the trailer for the first time, I wanted to have started the book first to get my own ideas.  I love the fact that books are nod with trailers like movies and really hope that this gets more people into reading.  I know so many people who don't really read at all and that just makes me sad.  For Valentines's Day I got my children's teachers, dance teachers, troop leaders and bus drivers all bookmarks, the fancier kind, and never enven stopped to think that they might not read.  Too late now, that is what they are getting, but how can you go through life never reading or using your imagination to picture a story?

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

VtCozy, I think your idea of a list of YA novels is great. 
I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but I'd love suggestions of YA novels, both for myself and my nieces. I don't remember a YA category when I was growing up, how would you describe YA as a genre?

Vermontcozy wrote:
jb70 wrote:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Dear gl...i just went over to "Teen Reads" here on BN Boards..Lots of good information..I just started back into reading YA novels with "Hush,Hush.,thanks to FirstLook...I am such a fan..I even joined   fallenarchangel.com   Official Hush,Hush fansite,and also great book suggestions..I always read "Goosebumps",Harry Potter and others,during or after my daughter read them..that was a while ago  She is now 25...  I cannot  catagorize YA,but surely those wonderful Authors deserve a List of their own...TheNewYorkTimes,should just do a YA Bestseller List...Age 12 to Adult..I think..and then also YA Series as well..So much crossover,I hope they are working on it as we speak   ;  )...And "Before I Fall"..for me is YA with a broad audience...I think over on "TeenReads "we can get all we need..Also ,all who read our posts,come over and make some suggestions....We Thank you....Also BN Bookseller Suggestions is around here somewhere.They Know..so much as well.. Thanks for asking..Susan

Contributor
kimmyblair
0 Kudos

I love the US trailer! I think that this trailer really accurately expresses what is going on in the story, and would make me want to read it!  Great job!

Please visit my book blog: http://kimmyblair.wordpress.com/
New User
michelleerin
0 Kudos

I like both trailers. Good teasers for the book.

http://mybooksmylife.com