Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

natster58 wrote:

I'm new to this site, as many of you are, but the difference is, I'm a middle school student. I'm feeling a bit out of place seeing as many of you are in college or are parents who still enjoy young adult literature, though i look forward to being able to associate with you, hopefully as an equal. :smileyhappy: So, I'm a typical person i suppose you could say, not much different from anyone you've seen before. I enjoy being very entranced by novels and am very picky about my reading choices. I know it's terrible but if I don't enjoy a book after the first chapter, it gets to enjoy a life of collecting dust in the back of my closet. I also love to write poetry and hope that someday, by some stroke of luck, i could be published. Thanks so much for listening to my painfully boring introduction! Talk to you soon :smileyhappy:

Hey its okay about the middle school student thing because I am too. Although there are a lot of older people dont be afraid. Oh and welcome to B&N:smileyhappy:Oh and I feel i am treated as an equal so dont worry about it

Glad to hear this, zoey!  :smileyvery-happy:

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Bella_Kellow wrote:

hey guys =] im 16 and dying to read this book

It does sound great, doesn't it?

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Contributor
lilxtwinkies
0 Kudos

this is my first time with a first look book so i'm excited and hoping i'll get confirmation as well!

I absolutely LOVE young adult books and i can get so absorbed in a good book that i can ignore EVERYTHING that's going on around me :smileyhappy:

I can't wait to start reading this book and I'm feeling excited about sharing my thoughts and feelings about this book with other fellow book lovers :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
lau05
0 Kudos

Hi, how are you? I'm Laura and I discovered this site thanks to a books' blog. It seems to me a very good idea this option of reading books and then, speak about them. I'm spanish and it's a pity these things aren't done in Spain. I hope I can participate. cheers

Reader
jsilverm
0 Kudos

Hi - I am new to this as well, and looking forward to reading and sharing comments about this book. I am an elementary school teacher and mother to two teenage children, so there are always book discussions going on in my home.

Talk to you all soon!

Contributor
Olibhe
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone. I've never done anything like this before, and If I get a confirmation, this will be my first ARC. I've never even been in a book club before! (even though I love books more than anything) I'm very excited to read this book and talk with you guys. I also have a book blog here: http://ramblingsofascatteredbibliophile.blogspot.com/

Reader
Leara
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

My name is Leara Martell (well, maybe that's not my TRUE name.. but I prefer be called Leara better than Laura) and I'm a bookoholic! I love reading and I have a review and Literature Blog... In Spanish... but If you want to take a look, click this WAY

I love reading all kind of books, but I prefer Romantic and Paranormal stories. I have just finished Vampire Academy and I loved it (I devoured it in 9 hours :smileytongue:)

I have read good thing about Before I Fall and I'd like check it myself!!

So...

cya next time!

xoxo

Contributor
shannonbh
0 Kudos

Hello!  I am also a YA fiction lover!  :smileyhappy:  I just enjoyed Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games and its sequel, and also participated in the first YA fiction discussion involving Hush, Hush.  Enjoyed all of that and am looking forward to participating in this discussion.  YEAH!

Contributor
flarglepuf
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! I'm new to all of this and am so excited to read this book!

~~~~~
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Contributor
BrittanyE
0 Kudos

Hi! I really enjoy reading YA fiction, this is my first time participating in a first look. I'm really looking forward to getting this book!

-Brittany

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone(:

my name is madison, and this is my first time with the first look/ARC thing & im really excited to participate in it(:

i love YA too, like a lot of other people i see here do too(:

im a teen as well and livee in a small town somewhere in arizona where nobody my age loves to read besides me and about 3 other people haha(:

just to be sure, with the first look thing, we don't have to return the book right?

just wanna make sure, because im a little confused by it

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
tammypennington
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am hoping to be confirmed for this first look...I am not a teen myself, but I do enjoy YA fiction, especially the Harry Potter and Twilight series.  I think the premise of this novel is super and I really loved the other Teen First Look book Hush, Hush.

I'm looking forward to another round!

BTW, Madison, in response to your question...no, you do not have to return the book.  it's great, isn't it?

Tammy in Seattle
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy(:

i thought you didn't have to, but this is my first time with this so i just wanted to double check(:

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
TheEagerReaders
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is my first time participating in Barnes & Noble's First Look book club, and I'm very excited about it!  I am a stay-at-home mom with two young children, and I am a huge YA book lover!  My recent YA purchases include Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Creatures, Jaclyn Dolamore's Magic Under Glass, and Kristin Cashore's Fire.  All three books were excellent!  I just finished reading Cindy Pon's Silver Phoenix and am currently reading (and enjoying) Diana Peterfreund's Rampant.  Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall sounds truly excellent & I am looking forward to reading it and discussing it with all of you.  

I have not received a confirmation notice yet, so if I was too late in submitting my entry message yesterday then I may have to join you all for next month's First Look instead. In the meantime, you are more than welcome to come visit me at my new book blog anytime.   http://theeagerreaders.blogspot.com/  

http://theeagerreaders.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Emily. I am excited to be part of the YA first look book club. I regularly participate in the first look book club, but this will be my first YA book. I read quiet a bit of the more popular YA books, but would like to branch out from the mainstream and read more. The last selection (Hush, Hush) is on my to be read list, I wish I wouldn't have missed that one!

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is my second First Look Teen reads. The first one was great and the discussions were terrific! I was confirmed to this discussion. I'm Marcílio, a 30 year-old professor from Brazil, married, no children. I was a bit prejudiced against young books but when I started reading some of them I realized they were a good reading.

It's always a pleasure discussing books here at BN. See you!

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Hey,

My name is Arlette I'm 14 years old and also a middle school so ZoeRedbird and natster58, you are not alone! This is my second First Look Teen reads. So excited!

Frequent Contributor
learningdragon
0 Kudos

Good evening,

This is my second young adult first look--I thoroughly enjoyed the first selection--Hush Hush. I am an admin assistant in the MIT dept of a school system. I worked in a middle school library previous to this assignment. Looking forward to the discussion!

Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

I'm Alex. This is my second first look book club. And to be honset i did not enjoy 'Hush, hush' as much as I hoped. I hope this one is better :] I'm 15 and a sophmore in highschool, I love reading well written books and not just certain genres.

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Aimee from PA.  I have participated in at least 5 First Look discussions, including the last teen selection, Hush, Hush!  Reading is a passion of mine, and I am happy to say that several of my 8th grade students will be joining the discussion boards with me this time around.  I cannot wait to see what they think!  It is good to be back after having to take a break from participating in the book clubs.  It seems as if there are many new individuals to the boards this time...welcome!  It is a wonderful group, one I am sure that you will enjoy!  I have been confirmed and now am anxiously awaiting delivery so I can start reading :smileyvery-happy:  Enjoy All!

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper