Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Zeal wrote:

Hi!  I'm Aimee from PA.  I have participated in at least 5 First Look discussions, including the last teen selection, Hush, Hush!  Reading is a passion of mine, and I am happy to say that several of my 8th grade students will be joining the discussion boards with me this time around.  I cannot wait to see what they think!  It is good to be back after having to take a break from participating in the book clubs.  It seems as if there are many new individuals to the boards this time...welcome!  It is a wonderful group, one I am sure that you will enjoy!  I have been confirmed and now am anxiously awaiting delivery so I can start reading :smileyvery-happy:  Enjoy All!

I was wondering where all those people from the same area in PA were coming from. That's terrific!

Contributor
Lizzy96
0 Kudos

This is my first book club I have participated in. I am looking forward to it. I hope that the book holds my attention. I am in eighth grade and I love to read!

Contributor
JohnSherian4
0 Kudos

Hi my name is john and im a 8th graders in PA. This is the first time I have been in a book club. I am looking forward to reading and discussing it. Not to many book gets me interested so I this one does. It sounds like a great  book.

Contributor
stopper19
0 Kudos

Hey, my name is Michaela and I am from PA. I have never been in a book club before so this is my first. A lot of classmates also joined this book club so we all will be reading together here at our school. This book looks very interesting so I am hoping for confirmation soon!

Contributor
kels10
0 Kudos

Hey I'm Kelsey, and I am thirteen. I live in PA and I wasn't much of a reader until this year. This is the first time I did something like this, so I'm excited. I can't wait to get the book and read it. It sounds like something I would like to read.

Contributor
-Cia-
0 Kudos

My name is Ciara and I am an eighth grade student. This is my first time participating in this and I can honestly say I'm excited. The book sounds really interesting and it will be neat to read a book written by another teenager. I'm not usre what to expect, but I can't wait to recieve and read this book, and discussing it with people who are reading it right along with  me. This is going to be cool! =)

Contributor
MaggieMcKickButt
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Maggie. I am in 8th grade and go to School at Actor. I just started using this and its lots of fun! I hope I get the new book, Before I Fall. I signed up and can't wait until I get it in the mail! Reading is my passioin and mostly like romance and fiction. Mrs. Blochberger, my CA teacher got me into Barnes and Noble website and she got pretty much my whole class in it. Im excited!

Contributor
Christalina_Stuart
0 Kudos

Hey, I am an 8th grader in Mrs.Blochberger's CA class. I have not been in a first look book club and I am excited to join. I read hush hush from my teacher's library. I enjoyed it thoroughly and can't wait to read this book to! I’m hoping it will be a great experience. I enjoy reading great books that are exciting and have romance in it along with action. I love books with a good meaning and moral to it. I hope that this book is something to look forward to.

:smileywink:

Contributor
bootzie_bday
0 Kudos

Hey, I'm Brianna from Pennsylvania. Jodi Piccoult's a great author :smileyhappy: just saying! I recommend reading her books! I love reading, and I've read Hush Hush and loved it! Damen's awesome (he was a little creepy at first, just saying)! So I hope I get confirmed so I can read this book, Before I Fall. :smileyhappy:

Everything happens for a reason. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
rasm
0 Kudos

Hi, this is RASM. I'm an eighth grade student from pa. I love to read and am currently into the Bourne series. I just finished Bourne Identity and am now on Bourne Supremacy. Before I Fall sounds like a great book. I can't wait to get started!

Reader
Millersville_U_Queen11
0 Kudos

Okay Everyone, I'm Lindsey, in the 8th grade in Zeal's class(Aimee). I like reading books like these and I know I might finish in a night. So I'm excited and anxious to get the book.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

OMG it's soo great having other fellow 8th graders her, I felt kind of alone with only ZoeRedbird and the other one I don't remember the name of [sorry!]. Welcome!!!

Oh and we teenagers hang out at the Teen Reads board, come and visit!

Frequent Contributor
girlie0620
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I am Michelle.....I live in Colorado with my husband, our 2 year old and a crazy puppy. Reading is my escape so I am VERY excited to participate. Can't wait to speak to you all soon.

Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Hanger Games series? I love reading series as one book just doesn't seem to be enough in a story line. 

Contributor
spaz_k7
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Kayla. This is my second first look book club. I am currently a student in college and enjoy reading during every little break that I can get. I really enjoy good teen novels and am always looking for new books to read. Looking forward to starting the discussion!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

0104 wrote:

What is the Hanger Games series? I love reading series as one book just doesn't seem to be enough in a story line. 

Well HELLO to all the eighth graders in PA! Guess what im in eighth grade too!!!! I hope everyone enjoys the book Before I Fall because I am very excited to get a FREE book that is a ARC (Advanced Reader Copy). And to anyone who doesnt know what The Hunger Games are heres a synopsis 

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.

It is one of the best series I have ever read and is good for boys and girls. I HIGHLY reccomend everyone to read it. You wont be dissapointed!!:smileywink:

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Contributor
abirkhimer
0 Kudos

This is my first time to sign up for a YA First Look book, and I'm really looking forward to it, especially with its paranormal twist.

Contributor
ashley558
0 Kudos

hey there! my names i ashley. this is my first book club and i am looking forward to it. i am in 8th grade nd i live in pa

Contributor
2britt13
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Brittany I'm in 8th grade and this is my first book. I enjoy reading, its one of my favorite things to do.

Reader
Paige-Face
0 Kudos

Hey everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm Paige and I'm a college student currently focusing on my general studies right now. Someday, I hope to become a doctor if all goes as planned.

I'm really excited to be reading Before I Fall and to be discussing about it in the future. It's my first time joining a book club so I hope it all goes well. I really love reading. For awhile, I went through a phase where I hardly read at all. Now that I'm in college, reading is required almost everyday. Because of that, I started picking up books again and am really happy that I did. Reading definitely makes the world go 'round. :smileyvery-happy: I'm excited!