Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
ethel55
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I received my book in cold and snowy MN today! Glad to see the schedule was changed a bit, should have plenty of time to dive right into Before I Fall.  Can't wait.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Yes! Florida is back! The book arrived practically shrink wrapped by the UPS to keep it safe and sound during our deluge. I wish this rain would stop but then, it isn't ice so I really must be grateful. I lived in Minnesota so I know it is cold and snowy but they have great people there.

ethel55 wrote:

I received my book in cold and snowy MN today! Glad to see the schedule was changed a bit, should have plenty of time to dive right into Before I Fall.  Can't wait.

Frequent Contributor
Kimmes
0 Kudos

I got mine too here in Minnesota!  I cannot wait to start!

Contributor
MKDeanna
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Deanna and I'm a 30-something Mom of 2, living in FL.  This is my second First Look Book.  I just finished Eternal on the Water, which reads like a YA novel with adult themes (Joseph Monniger has written several YA novels, thus the similarity).  I am excited to read Before I Fall and look forward to discussing it with all of you!

Correspondent
Sadie1

QueenofZone2 wrote:

Hello!  I am a 27 yr old journalism student and bookseller for my local B&N.  I work in the kids/teen section, so I read a lot of kids/YA.  I love to find out what books people are into so I can recommend them to others.  I signed up for the last Teen First Look but didn't finish in time to chat much about it (school was nutso).  I promise to do better this time around.

I just finished Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and it was AMAZING!

I'm one of the mom's that goes into my local B&N to search for books for myself and others.  Especially my teen.  I have often had to get assistance from employee's like you to locate particular books and other items and would like to thank you for all you do.  I love my local B&N!  Great employee's!

I like to read a variety of books.  I like to keep up with what all age groups are up to.  You never know when you might need to be up to speed with a particular generation so you can have an intelligent conversation with them.  I will share this book with my 17 year old.  He loves to read and he also likes an assortment.

I can't wait to dive into this book.

Lisa in Georgia

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

Yes! Florida is back! The book arrived practically shrink wrapped by the UPS to keep it safe and sound during our deluge. I wish this rain would stop but then, it isn't ice so I really must be grateful. I lived in Minnesota so I know it is cold and snowy but they have great people there.

ethel55 wrote:

vtcozy wrote:My Crystal Ball.works..Shrink Wrapped?,now that is special..I am into BIF,should be a great discussion ,Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Reader 2
jmke35
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Jill and I love to read. Lately I've been enjoying a lot of YA fiction. I just got my book yesterday and have already started reading.

Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

Hi all. My name's Kourtney. I have dived in and already this book has me captivated.

Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am Elaine from Western Massachusetts with my 2 going on 3 young children & my 3 Lb yorkie.  I enjoy books for all ages & am already becoming engrossed in this book (though I will stick to the schedule).  I have participated in a few of the First Looks (finishing up Eternal on the Water now which was interrupted by a family emergency that brought a miracle baby into our family who defied the odds given to him).  I look forward to the discussions. 

Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Liz and I live in CA. I can't wait for my book to arrive. I've participated in a few First Look but this is my first YA. I enjoy reading all types of books. I usually read 2-3 books at a time depending on my mood.

I look forward to participating!

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Beth from Wisconsin and I am the mom of two teenagers and a young adult. I'm looking forward to the discussion on Before I Fall. I'm hoping to get my teenage daughter interested in the book too.

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Contributor
TatyyGirl
0 Kudos

Heyy;my name's Christina. I'm 17 and live in southwest florida. I love reading and reviewing books; mainly because I aspire to be an author someday. I'm heading off to college next year and well, I don't really know what else to say about myself.

I just recieved my copy of Before I Fall. :]

Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

TX here. 28 year old (F) busy, 6th grade teacher.  State exams coming up fast and spending most of my time at work (even on saturdays). The book arrived today.  i'm already very excited.  Just the thing i need to wind down. can't wait!!!

Contributor
Galleysmith
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I'm Michelle and I live in the metro DC area.

I blog at http://www.galleysmith.com where my focus is primarily on YA literature.  Though I do dabble in contemporary fiction, chick lit and the occasional sci-fi'ish type fare. 

I'm very much looking forward to reading this selection as many of my blogging friends who have read it have raved about how great it is.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

New User
michelleerin
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm Michelle and I blog at http://mybooksmylife.com.  Looking forward to discussing this book.

http://mybooksmylife.com
New User
bookcollector
0 Kudos

*waves* Hello! My name is Andrea. I live in Massachusetts where I spend a lot of time reading and blogging. I currently read a lot of YA Fiction, but I also enjoy mysteries and paranormal stories.

http://forthereading.blogspot.com/

New User
Phaetniexs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey guys!

Sorry for taking so long to stop by, but I just got my book the day before yesterday, and forgot that it MIGHT be possible for me to post before I get it :smileyembarrassed:

My name is Stephanie, and I hail from the cold of Northern Wisconsin. This is my very first book club and discussion EVER, so I'm ridiculously excited to be a part of it. I love books more than most things, including eating and sleeping :smileywink: I have a problem with buying them; if I even go near Barnes & Noble, I usually come out with 2-5 books. And I love them all :smileyvery-happy:

I look forward to reading and discussing this novel with you all. I love gaining insight on the material I process through my brain, so I'm very excited!!

Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

michelleerin wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm Michelle and I blog at http://mybooksmylife.com.  Looking forward to discussing this book.

Hi Michelle! I was just reading your latest post on your blog and it made me giggle :-)  My personal bookshelf system goes a little something like this...Books I buy and haven't read go on top of my bookshelves until they are read and then they get a spot on a shelf.  Books from the library go on an end table until they are read and then straight into my tote bag in the car or I'll never remember to grab them walking out the door! Currently I have 14 books on top of my book shelves and 3 books on my end table! ~Sigh~ if only there were more hours in a day!

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Just got my copy tonight at 8pm on the nose. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get it today.

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone I just got my copy tonight as well and I also had the same feeling. But now that I have my copy I will start reading tomorrow since I have to finish my homework for class tomorrow. Talk to you all soon, happy reading.