Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Re: A Badge for Your Blog and or Site

This is something that I know I should be able to figure out on my own, but how do you add a link to your blog without posting the entire address?  i've seen a lot of people who just have a click here for the link.  Do you use the option that looks like links on a chain?  Is it the same when you are linking things within your blog?

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

jb70 wrote:

This is something that I know I should be able to figure out on my own, but how do you add a link to your blog without posting the entire address?  i've seen a lot of people who just have a click here for the link.  Do you use the option that looks like links on a chain?  Is it the same when you are linking things within your blog?

JB70 -- If you are referring to these messages as "blogs", yes, indeed you can embed a link in them by using the "option that looks like links on a chain."  (You can type in what you want to link, highlight it and then select the option; or you can go directly to the option and follow its format.)  You can also use "Add Product" to add images and/or links to B&N books.

Not certain that I understand the rest of your question, so can't really respond.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

jb70 wrote:

It may depend on what blog you're using. I use Blogger. Once you're logged in to your blog, click on "settings" and then on "add a gadget." Then pick "HTML/JavaScript" and copy the entire address into the main box. You can add any title you want. I've put in B&N First Look or something like that. Then save it, and it should show up on your sidebar or where-ever those extras are set to go on your blog.

If you're not using Blogger, I'd recommend going into the editing mode and looking for somewhere where you can add HTML code. At any rate, you'll want to change the layout of the blog rather than just making a new post.

Good luck!

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Oops. I misread your question. Peppermill's entirely correct. You click the chain button along the top bar and write the link text (such as "click here") in the first box and the address of your blog in the second box. Sorry!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

krb2g wrote:

Oops. I misread your question. Peppermill's entirely correct. You click the chain button along the top bar and write the link text (such as "click here") in the first box and the address of your blog in the second box. Sorry!

Ohhh!  krb2g -- I think between us we figured out how to read!  :smileyvery-happy:   I missed what you understood. :smileysad:

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
Teddyree

Hi Paul,

Added badge to the left hand sidebar of my blog The Eclectic Reader

Looking good :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sheree aka Teddyree

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl

Thanks! I've added the badge to my blog, Starting Fresh (sidebar)

http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com/

Contributor
cdehn

Thank you for the badge. I posted it to my website in hope that others will take advantage of this wonderful program. 

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I posted the badge on my blog, where I will also post my review. 

commentarri

Correspondent
LadyMin
0 Kudos

Thanks. I added it to my blog. I'll also post my review there.

http://undermyappletree.wordpress.com

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

I posted my badge & review of EOTW on my site at:

http://beguilethysorrow.blogspot.com/2010/02/love-love-love-is-eternal-on-water.html

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare