Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

While we were waiting for Eternal on the Water, we were all sharing some of our favorite current reads and many posted on The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  I just finished it and have a question for those of you who read it.  McCarthy uses apostrophies for I'm and we're for example but never for a contraction ending in "nt" such as wont.  Any thoughts?

Kathy

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I don't remember that. My son has the book now.

Now you have me wondering. Hope someone else has ideas.

pen21

kpatton wrote:

While we were waiting for Eternal on the Water, we were all sharing some of our favorite current reads and many posted on The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  I just finished it and have a question for those of you who read it.  McCarthy uses apostrophies for I'm and we're for example but never for a contraction ending in "nt" such as wont.  Any thoughts?

Kathy

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew

Here is one answer to your question.

kpatton wrote:

Kathy

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Thank you for finding the answer. Good description of the writing style.

pen21

thewanderingjew wrote:

kpatton wrote:

Kathy

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I'm glad some of you are still reading so I could post this qustion.
Kathy

thewanderingjew wrote:

kpatton wrote:

Kathy

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi..I get many Author Alerts from the publishing houses of my favorite Authors. simonandschuster.com sent me an alert for Joseph Monninger..If you go to the site,you all know what to do,,New Video as well.I always hope I will get to a signing not too far away...Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer