Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

How To Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll in the Discussion (CLOSED)

[ Edited ]

ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED

Eternal on the Water -- Joseph Monninger's poignant tale of both love and life -- is ready made for the First Look Book Club and we're thrilled to share it with you!

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on January 4th.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper left of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To - CLOSED

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

Be sure to go to the "welcome and introduction" thread and introduce yourself!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Re: How To Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]

I am unable to enroll even though I am signed in on time.

Eternal on the waters

Carol Ann Umfer

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

BOOKWORM1414 wrote:

I am unable to enroll even though I am signed in on time.

Eternal on the waters

Carol Ann Umfer

You need to send a Private Message. Please don't post you address here.

Contributor
lindareadsLH
0 Kudos

I am also like bookworm, unable to sign in. It saids that Eternal-water is not a name to send to:

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

lindareadsLH wrote:

I am also like bookworm, unable to sign in. It saids that Eternal-water is not a name to send to:

It's a capitol "W" in Water.

Correspondent
GreenFairyLV
0 Kudos

When I tried to send my request it said Eternal-Water is no longer vaild.  :smileysad: I logged on as soon as I heard, I think it should have went through. ????

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

GreenFairyLV wrote:

When I tried to send my request it said Eternal-Water is no longer vaild.  :smileysad: I logged on as soon as I heard, I think it should have went through. ????

Try it again. I can't tell if you have a space between the - and Water, but you shouldn't.

Correspondent
GreenFairyLV
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul. It worked :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

RE ETERNAL ON THE WATER

[ Edited ]

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

Re: RE ETERNAL ON THE WATER

Carol,

PLEASE don't post your personal information on these boards - they are wide open to anyone on the Internet regardless of whether or not someone has registered for the site.  Double check your preferences and make sure the Private Messaging function (the little envelope up in the right hand corner under "Help" and "Logout" ) is enabled then follow the instructions for sending your information that way as Paul has requested.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Sheltiemama
0 Kudos

It worked for me! This will be my third First Look book.

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

The only envelope I see is is where I am signed  into the First Look Book Club and when I click it it brings me to the last selection request to register?

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

BOOKWORM1414 wrote:

The only envelope I see is is where I am signed  into the First Look Book Club and when I click it it brings me to the last selection request to register?

When you click the envelope (at the top right), there's a button that says "compose message". Click that button and send your information to Eternal-Water.

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

I just did that a few minutes ago.  Will I receive a confirmation that I will be receiving the book?

Thank you for all your help.

New User
cornell67
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Anne Aungier

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

cornell67 wrote:

Anne Aungier

Do not post your address here. Refer back to "How to Enroll". Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
McWarren
0 Kudos

This will be my first First Look. I'm excited!

New User
nochip
0 Kudos

I have tried everything and cannot find where to enroll.  I have followed all the directions and it leads me nowhere again and again.  I am at a loss here.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud

nochip,
Maybe if you tell us how you are going about it we can figure it out.but in the meantime try this:
When you scroll up to the top of the board, (the same screen where you are reading this) on the right hand side, do you see a box that shows your name (nochip) and the words:Logout Profile Help? Do you see a little envelope directly under Help? If you do, click on it and it will take you to the message site. There you click on "New Message", fill in the "Send to" box with Eternal-Water (exactly the way I wrote it with a dash in the middle) and in the "Subject" box you type: Sign up for Eternal on the Water. In the body of the text you type your name, address, phone number. Then you click on "Send" which is at the bottom right of the screen. You might have to scroll down to it.
I hope this helps. If not, I'm sure Paul will help you in the morning. Good luck.

nochip wrote:

I have tried everything and cannot find where to enroll.  I have followed all the directions and it leads me nowhere again and again.  I am at a loss here.

Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

I enrolled at 1 16 am on Dec 2 --did you really mean that enrollment was only for that short twelve hour period--I have been in several at least six  First Look  and as I have some mobility problems I truly look forward to these books coming and reading the discussions.  Please, assure me that I made it in time!!