Correspondent
timetravel
0 Kudos

Re: Schedule Change (Please Read!)

Earlier the schedule was set back and I think the books are to be mailed out the week after Christmas.  I hope I can find my mailbox after all of this snow!!!

Contributor
jokerc114
0 Kudos

Thanks for keeping us to date. I'll be checking the mail

Books are not men and yet they stay alive. ~ Stephen Vincent Benet ~
Correspondent
bookowlie

sgregg88 wrote:

Like many others here, I appreciate all the effort that goes into this and the consistent updates. I look forward to receiving my book in the new year and diving in!

I also appreciate all the hard work that goes into First Look.

Paul, thanks for the schedule and mailing updates.  With all the rush-rush of the holiday season, I am thankful for the schedule delay.  It will be nice to finally relax and look forward to a good book to read for the New Year.

Carolyn

Frequent Contributor
Leeza14
0 Kudos

Oh, good!  I was afraid that for some reason, I was no longer included.  Eager to get the book...

Wordsmith
Deltadawn

Thanks for the updates Paul!

Looking forward to receiving my copy & the book club discussions in Jan.!!!

Happy & healthy New Year to all!

Frequent Contributor
shelley727
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haven't received my ARC yet.  Have those been sent yet?  I'm looking forward to reading and posting.  Happy New Year!

Shelley:smileyhappy:

Shelley
Frequent Contributor
mediamissy

Question for Paul Question for Paul

Paul-  I am loving the First Looks and I just had a thought but couldn't figure out how to ask a question directly to you as the moderator.  This really isn't about the current First Look.  I am excited, for Christmas my husband bought me a Nook.  I have been traveling and reading with it ever since.  My thought was do you think there will come a time when First Look will have the option of receiving the new book digitally?  May save on the cost of shipping.  Anyway it was just a thought.  Happy Holidays!

Missy

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Question for Paul Question for Paul

mediamissy wrote:

Paul-  I am loving the First Looks and I just had a thought but couldn't figure out how to ask a question directly to you as the moderator.  This really isn't about the current First Look.  I am excited, for Christmas my husband bought me a Nook.  I have been traveling and reading with it ever since.  My thought was do you think there will come a time when First Look will have the option of receiving the new book digitally?  May save on the cost of shipping.  Anyway it was just a thought.  Happy Holidays!

Missy

You can always send me a Private Message, Missy, or ask me any questions here if you like. I generally read every thread.

Your questions (i.e. digital galleys) is certainly one that's on our minds too and we'll certainly keep you informed as to any progress we make on that front.

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Leeza14
0 Kudos

I would love to see these available for the nook, too, Missy.  ;-)

Great suggestion.  Mine should arrive the first week in December.

Frequent Contributor
mediamissy
0 Kudos

Leeza,
I hope you love it as much as I do!  I have  been reading on it non-stop (although my family may require me to put it down at dinner time)!  It is great!  Let me know.  They have some great choices for free books as well.
Enjoy! Missy

Leeza14 wrote:

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Leeza14 wrote:

I was in the first group to get nook; have had some minor problems with it at first (formatting freeze) but the ebook help board is great and tech support, though one waits an hour or more to get connected, was quite accommodating. I ended up transferring the books with the problems to a different part of my nook and now all is well. Besides downloading a few bestsellers I've found a large number of free google books on the B&N website and have been happily reading. On a recent trip to Solvang, California I rediscovered Hans Christian Andersen, the fairy tale author from Denmark, and was surprised to find several pages of free downloads of his books. Life's good.

Frequent Contributor
Sheltiemama
0 Kudos

Oh, good. Now I won't stop worrying until other people on here start receiving their books! Gives me time to finish something else.

Frequent Contributor
McWarren
0 Kudos

Add me to the nook lovers club! Mine was sent out in the first batch, too. Since the first OTA update, it's been working like a charm. I knew I would like having an eReader, but I'm a little surprised at how MUCH I like having an eReader!

...and all the digital books that are out there for the taking... a-ma-zing!

Sydney

Contributor
LKD_726
0 Kudos

Has anyone received their book yet?

Thanks,

LIsa :smileyhappy:

Contributor
TamCG
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Just checking in today as well to see if any books have gotten out.  I'm in TN and have not received it yet.  I'm not worried yet as I'm sure I will still devour it quickly as long as it get's here by mid week next week.  I believe discussions start on the 11th correct?

Looking forward to it :smileyhappy:  ~ Tammy

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

TamCG wrote:

Hi there,

Just checking in today as well to see if any books have gotten out.  I'm in TN and have not received it yet.  I'm not worried yet as I'm sure I will still devour it quickly as long as it get's here by mid week next week.  I believe discussions start on the 11th correct?

Looking forward to it :smileyhappy:  ~ Tammy

I know that most of the Northeast have gotten their books.  The discussion does start on the 11th and from what some people are saying the book reads smoothly and easily, so you should have no trouble "devouring" it when you get it.

--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Contributor
mgood222
0 Kudos

Fantastic! I still haven't received my book, probably because of the holidays and I would love to start reading it before the discussion begins. Besides, it'll be a good time to wind down from the holiday rush.

Happy New Year.

Maryellen

Frequent Contributor
mgmama33

I am hoping my comes this week.  I live in VA and still have not received it yet.  Hopefully it will be the beginning of the week.  Can't wait to get started!  Thanks Paul for keeping up with the First Look series.  I have enjoyed being a part of this.

Sara

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

I received my book today!  Jo

Frequent Contributor
Leeza14
0 Kudos

I'm in Iowa and haven't yet received mine....hopefully Monday!