Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Re: Schedule Change (Please Read!)

I'll be in travel for a few days and don't know if my book has already arrived. I waited for it before new year's party but it was a bit late. I'll be back home this week and hope it is there. See you on discussion.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Happy New Year.marcillogq..My Book just arrived today and I am one state away in Vermont! You should have yours when you return from your Holiday.Glad you can join us again..Vtc..
marciliogq wrote:

I'll be in travel for a few days and don't know if my book has already arrived. I waited for it before new year's party but it was a bit late. I'll be back home this week and hope it is there. See you on discussion.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Yea, My book was on my door step when I got home yesterday.  Started reading it today.

MG

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Mine just arrived today! It has made it to South Florida.

Frequent Contributor
Leeza14
0 Kudos

My nook is charging right now, so I haven't had a chance to do much yet.  It needs to fully charge before downloading the first book, which I hope to do tonight.  I need to start on Eternal, though, too!  Oh, the difficult choices one must sometimes make....!!  :-)

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

I posted this in the community.  The book has made it to North St. Louis County, MO.

Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The UPS man just came now at almost 730 pm!  I was happy to see it was the book, and my pup was glad to see the UPS man as that guarantees her a dog treat! 

Thanks again for the book.   Looking forward to reading/discussing it.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
TamCG
0 Kudos

Thanks Jen - It arrived last night - woohoo! 

Can't believe I'm only on page 68 and am already loving Cobb :smileywink: - Can't wait for some quite time tonight to get some more reading in.

Thanks! ~ Tammy

Frequent Contributor
McWarren
0 Kudos

babzilla41 wrote:

Leeza14 wrote:

BONUS DAY!!!!

Both my book AND my nook arrived just minutes ago!  Now I'm torn...start reading the book, or read a book on nook!  Guess I'd better get reading on the book since discussion starts next week.  What a great day!  :-)

Leeza14: 

How do you like your nook?  I'm so torn as to whether I want one or not...

b

I'm not Leeza, but I LOVE my nook!! I carry it around in my purse and pull it out to read every chance I get. (Even when I'm waiting in line to checkout at Walmart!) I'm surprised that it's even possible, but I've been reading more now than I did before. Downloading books is a breeze, and you can carry an entire library with you with no extra stress on your back or shoulder.

And while I'm here... I'm retracting my last message about the participants spreadsheet. I said I wasn't going to send out any more revisions after last weekend. Well... there are about 20 new names I need to add, so I'll update it and send it out again this weekend. (Boy, whoever it was that told me it was hard to try and keep up with everyone - you weren't kidding!!!)

Oh, one last thing. I got my book today in OKC, OK. I plan to dive into it over the weekend.

Sydney

Contributor
Benz1966
0 Kudos

I got my book yesterday and started reading today.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi Eveyone, ReadingPatti here. I got my book on Monday. I am in Pennsylvania. I was glad to see the yellow card in my P.O. Box. I also got my alumini directory from my university that I graduated from. It was a nice surprise since I was not expecting it until the end of the month.

This First Look book looks really good.

See you all at the dicussion.

ReadingPatti

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

I got my book on Monday :smileyhappy:   I am in NC.

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Well I am all set! I didn't even read this until after my book had already arrived and I was already 123 pages into the book! LOL! I guess I will be fine!

Rose

Contributor
CatholicKittie
0 Kudos

Hey no far lol I haven't got mine yet. :-( Can't wait though lol

http://catholickittie.blogspot.com
I am a writer. One thing I’ve learned in the course of my career is that what makes a writer is...Writing. Not talking about writing or hanging out with writers, not publicity or promotion or social networking, not even getting published. Writers write. We put into words whatever is true or interesting, titillating or inspiring, entertaining or provoking. That is our job. That defines us. If we get lucky, we get paid. But there is value and dignity in the work, whether we are driven by an inner need or the need for a paycheck, whether we make money at it or not.
Frequent Contributor
ethel55
0 Kudos

Thanks goodness, I just received the book!  I will keep up with the new schedule as well!~ 

It looks like my book had another mailing label stuck on the back of the cardboard for a business in a nearby town.  Must have happened at one of  the distribution centers or in the truck itself! 

So pleased I will be able to participate.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Paul, can you tell me where Rachel posted her schedule? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

maxcat

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Paul, can you tell me where Rachel posted her schedule? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

maxcat

The last message in this thread, maxcat.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-Eternal-on-the-Water/Schedules-News-amp-Updates/m-...

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Leeza14 wrote:

My nook is charging right now, so I haven't had a chance to do much yet.  It needs to fully charge before downloading the first book, which I hope to do tonight.  I need to start on Eternal, though, too!  Oh, the difficult choices one must sometimes make....!!  :-)

Hi Leeza14!  Let me know how you like your nook!  I was so tempted to get one but decided to wait as I'm not sure if I'd like it.  I LOVE holding a new book in my hands and carrying it with me, etc.  Although I love technology, I'm just not sure if I want to give up a real book yet!

"What we love, we shall grow to resemble."
Bernard of Clairvaux
Contributor
tammypennington
0 Kudos

just received my book today in Seattle!  Can't wait to start reading!

Tammy

Tammy in Seattle
Wordsmith
marciliogq

H
Vermontcozy wrote:
Happy New Year.marcillogq..My Book just arrived today and I am one state away in Vermont! You should have yours when you return from your Holiday.Glad you can join us again..Vtc..
marciliogq wrote:

Hi Vermont,
Happy New Year for you and your family, a wonderful year! Unfortunately my book has not arrived yet. I'm still waiting for it.