We need to push the discussion back a week. Here's the new schedule:

January 11th to February 5th: General Discussion

January 18th to February 5th: Joseph Monninger Joins the Group

January 18th to January 22nd: Kathy Sagan, Joseph's Editor, Joins the Group

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: Schedule Change (Please Read!)

No problem..we could use the time after the Holidays....Did the books go out? Thank you from The Beautiful State of Vermont...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
HBT
Inspired Contributor
HBT
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know. I agree with Vermontcozy, the extra time will let us enjoy the holiday and the book.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

I'm right there with the others- no problem.  Still waiting on the book.  Looking forward to another Fist Look.  I have enjoyed them all so far.

Kathy

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

It's all good!!  I just love being a part of this.  And I am one who usually reads as soon as I get it.  Maybe with the delay, and Holidays, I will at least start with most others!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

kpatton wrote:

I'm right there with the others- no problem.  Still waiting on the book.  Looking forward to another Fist Look.  I have enjoyed them all so far.

Kathy

Ditto for me too.  The extra week in January is really appreciated.  I was wondering how to do this without pulling all nighters.  I like to finish the book before the club starts.

Distinguished Correspondent
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Same here!  More time will help as I have another book to finish before starting this one.

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Contributor
reader_18
0 Kudos

Hello! I was confirmed for the book but have not received it yet. Have they gone out?

thanks!

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Looks like we have an extra week to get a start on our non-book resolutions.

Paul usually announces when books are on the way. Our group is brown-truck crazed, and he's very sensitive to that, thanks be.

Rachel

Wordsmith
BookWoman718

Very sensible decision in light of all the millions of packages that are flying around the country, or rather, piling up in warehouses and trucks, wrongly delivered to neighbors, crushed on the bottom of loading docks, pilfered by the sticky-fingered among us, and otherwise destined to cause us gnashing of teeth and sore fingers from hitting the "Track Package" key so often.  

I will await the big brown truck in the peaceful serenity of early gift-free January....

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Paul, for the information I agree with everyone else it is all good. I just change my day planner to the new dates.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

The books haven't shipped yet, which is one of the reasons for the "push back". I'll let you know as soon as they do go out.

Thanks for your patience!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

We are a patient group...Best..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
pen21
0 Kudos

It will be nice to have the gift of an ARC to read in January.

When in January doesn't matter.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. pen21

Contributor
mnbc
0 Kudos

I agree, extra time at this time of year is a plus. January is a great month to read next to the fire on the snowy wintry days! Can't wait to start this book. Also waiting for the brown delivery truck.

Book Lover
Inspired Contributor
ambika22
0 Kudos

Thank you for letting us know. Like that we will have more time to read it during the holidays!

Contributor
ALBSPM
0 Kudos

I'm easily confused.  I think I am on the list to receive January's book, but how do I know for sure? 

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Paul:

Thanks for the update!  My Spring semester starts on January 11 but if we receive the book before then (& we normally do), I'll have it finished and be able to keep up with the discussions.  Especially since it's the beginning of the semester and I always have tons of books to read anyway! :smileyhappy:

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!! :smileyhappy:

Anna Louise

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Thanks, Paul. Good to have the update from you and getting the book later is A-OK with me!  It just extends the fun of the holiday season as far as I'm concerned.  One more "gift" to look forward to! LOL

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

ALBSPM wrote:

I'm easily confused.  I think I am on the list to receive January's book, but how do I know for sure? 

Check your private messages for confirmation (the little envelope in the upper right hand corner under your name).