Rachel-K

Thanks to Joe, Kathy, and the group!

Hi all,

Please join me in giving our warmest thanks to Joe and to Kathy for joining us this month!

Joe, thanks so much for sharing ETOW with us, not to mention all of your time and attention, your thoughtful answers, and your provocative questions. It's been lovely to have you on the boards.

Kathy, thanks dearly for giving us your time and intelligent attention, and for all of your work to bring ETOW to us!

And to the group, as always, I'm thrilled by the depth and wide diversity of the thoughtful comments you post throughout the month! It's a pleasure to be a part of the boards, and I'm always feeling challenged to read more deeply. 

As many of you know, we are gearing up to start our February First Look, Before I Fall, this next week.  March will be up before long, so keep an eye on the Announcements thread!

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Joe, Kathy, and the group!

Thanks so much to Joe for sharing EOTW with us. I enjoyed reading it ... once again, the B&N staff has selected and interesting read for us.

Thanks to Paul and Rachel for an excellent job (as usual) ... from sign-ups and through the discussion. Everything was well done.

Finally, thanks to the group. It is always interesting to read different interpretations and viewpoints.

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Thanks to Joe, Kathy and the group. I thoroughly enjoyed the discussions and particularly reading ETOW.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

My heartfelt thanks to Joe and Kathy for such a stunning book. And thanks to the group as some provided insight on various topics I didn't think of at the time. Here's hoping ETOW does well in sales.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
DSaff

This has been a wonderful book and discussion! Rachel, thank you so much for your thought-provoking questions. They challenge me and I love to read the responses. Paul, thank you for all the things you do, especially getting the books out to us! To my fellow FL'ers - thank you for your thoughtful and insightful discussion! I look forward to more book discussions with you!

Joe - you have a hit on your hands! I wish you all the best and hope that our book club has been enjoyable for you. Thank you for your words and for the opportunity to read them, as well as your time.

Kathy - thank you for your time and responses. It was a pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for your work on this book!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g

Many thanks to Joe, Kathy, and the folks at Pocket and Barnes and Noble for making this reading group possible. I don't know that I would have picked up Eternal on the Water if it hadn't been a First Look pick (I spend so much time catching up on the 19th century books I work on that I need a strong recommendation or a program like this for contemporary books), but I really enjoyed it and I will be reading more of Joe's work in the future.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I never thought I would finish EOTW,because I just wanted it to continue.I want to thank Joseph for sharing himself with us,for writing a novel that still lingers inside me,I look forward to your success..Thank you Kathy for recognizing and giving Joseph enough space for him to do what he loves.And recognize his talent.What a Great group of Readers as well......Thanks to Paul,for bringing us such a thought provoking book to FL.And last but not least,Rachel..for posing questions,that at times seem very difficult to answer,but we do,because of your great persistence..Best to all..Susan..Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Contributor
ambika22
0 Kudos

Thank you Joe, Kathy and the rest of the people who reviewed/talked about this book. I've really enjoyed participating in the discussions and talking with all of you, and above all reading ETOW.

dhaupt

[ Edited ]

I'm with the rest of the gang like Donna and Susan who say, Thanks so much Joe and Kathy for the lively and wonderful discussion and Joe for the amazing new read. I like Susan didn't want it to end. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks to B&N Paul and Rachel for another great pick and the opportunity to be here.

And thanks to all my fellow FLers, it's been great discussing the novel with you and look forward to the next one.

Also I have friends who have pre-ordered the book and my library district has also pre-ordered copies for the stacks.

Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Thanks Joe! What an amazing time I had while reading this book! It was a pleasure!

Thank you Kathy for joining us and answering our questions!

Thank you fellow first lookers! I had a wonderful time as always and I enjoyed all of your thoughts on this wonderful book!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for allowing us to read EotW as a First Look selection.  The amazing thing about First Look is that we can agree or disagree in a civil and respectful manner.

Good luck to you Joe, with this novel and your future novels as well.

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Inspired Contributor
socalreader
0 Kudos

Thank you, Joe and Kathy, for an amazing 'first look' experience.  I loved this book, and hope it's a great best seller.  Thanks for giving us so much of your time and thoughtful comments.  I've never participated in anything like this before, and it was really interesting to hear all of your points of view.   I enjoyed the interaction very much.

Thank you, Paul and Rachel, for making this book available to us. . .to me.  I loved participating, I loved being introduced to a new author.  It's been a wonderful experience.  Everything was so well-run and organized. . .really first-class.  Thank you. 

And thank you so much, all of the 'first look' participants.  Your insights really do amaze me. . .there's so much thought provoking discussion that goes on here, it can be a little overwhelming. 

A great book, a great and unique experience.  Thank you all.

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~
Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

Thank You Joseph for the beautiful love story.

Thank you Kathy , and thank you Paul, Rachel and Barnes and Noble for bringing us this chance to read Eternal on the Water and other great books like it through First Look!

I look forward to starting the February First Look, Before I Fall, this next week. Hopefully my copy comes soon :smileyhappy:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Thank you Joe for such an amazing book!

Thank you Kathy, Paul, B&N, Joe and everyone involved for giving us the chance to read it.

Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

Thank you to Joe, Kathy, B&N and Simon & Schuster for giving us the opportunity to preview this wonderful novel!

Paula:smileyhappy:

PB684
Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for this wonderful, amazing experience...I'm sure this book will do well once published!!

Frequent Contributor
mrsareads
0 Kudos

Thanks to Joe for a great book. I think I have discovered a new author to delve into. Thanks to Kathy for her insghts. And thanks to the great group for discussion. I am excited to have discovered such a wonderful way to share my joy of reading. See you for the next round.

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Thank you, Rachel, for the great questions and leading the discussion so adroitly. 

Thank you, Paul, for joining in and for all the hard work I am sure you do with the selection, sign up, and distribution.

Thank you, Kathy, for joining us and discussing the publication process.

Thank you to the other First Lookers for the interesting and insightful discussions.   I always learn so much and find new things to think about with every book.

And especially thank you to Joe for sharing such a wonderful book with us, and for spending so much time answering questions and providing even more things to think about and discuss.  I cannot wait to read more of your work.  

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Thank you to all. I especially want to thank Mr. Monninger and I hope that my group will be able to arrange to have him speak during the summer. There are so many issues worth further discussion.

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

First, thanks to all my First Lookers.  I thoroughly enjoy our discussions and can't imagine what reading would be like if I hadn't met you!  Sorry, I'm still working through the discussions...once my semester begins I'm integrated with tons of homework! :smileyhappy:

Second, thanks to Joe.  What a truly beautiful story!  I loved each and every moment and have already shared my ARC with two friends who loved it as well!  Kathy, thanks for all your work with Joe in presenting us with the story.

Third, Paul & Rachel:  Wonderful job as always and where would we be without both of you!  Thanks for all your hard work and love of reading! :smileyhappy:

Anna Louise