Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Watch this Great Video of Joseph Monninger

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

This terrific video offers up both insight into the book as well as Joseph's world and words.

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Re: Watch this Great Video of Joseph Monninger

Wonderful video. Looks like a great place to live and to share your life with someone you love. Given that just the outline of the story has me tears, I would bet I will not be knitting AND reading. This sounds like a perfect story for this time of year. Thank you Mr. Monninger for sharing your story.

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

What a great video! I especially enjoyed hearing him read the poem. Thanks for posting this, Paul!  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
tweezle
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing such a great video. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. It sounds fantastic!

Theresa

“Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” - Mason Cooley
**3 NOOKS with 3 separate accounts in one household.**
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud

Thanks for posting the video. Already I get this sense of deep thought and emotional maturity. Mr. Monninger says, "We don't lose summer" just because autumn arrives. I agree. I've started an imaginary road trip in my head years ago; it takes me through a lot of the places I have seen and I hope that in the future - when I am no longer able to travel - that I can just "turn on the trip in my head" and enjoy the memories as if I were just setting out into the woods. It is as comforting a thought as the idea that we don't lose a relationship when it ends tragically.

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Thanks for the video clip. I always enjoy it when I can hear the author give some insight into their book. Looking forward to reading and discussing.:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise

Paul:

Thanks for sharing this with us!  I love seeing and hearing from the author and gaining insight about them.  Can't wait to read the book! :smileyvery-happy:

Anna

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

This is a wonderful video, I thank you for showing it. It shows the warm and sensitivity of Joseph Monninger. I will be on pins and needles waiting to start reading Eternal on the Water.

Cora

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman

This was a great video of Joseph Monninger, it gave me the insightful reason why I wanted to read this book. I love a great love story and I really enjoyed  it when he read the poem to us the reader.  Thanks again Paul, you always give us great information on books and the authors we are going to read.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

HI Paul and Everyone,

This video is wonderful.  Joseph Monninger has done a great job of bringing we the readers right into his world with regard to his story.  I loved the scenery as well as his insights.  I have a feeling that this is going to be another wonder addition to First Look and Barnes & Noble.

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
JanetRuth
0 Kudos

This is my first knowledge of the First Look program, and I am very impressed.  The video was great, scenery in the video was awesome, and I can't wait to start reading Eternal on Water. 

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

What a great video. I to find a keen connection with the outdoors so I understand where he's coming from. The poem at the end is beautiful.

Contributor
MegD427

Paul, thanks for posting this video.  It was great to hear from Mr. Monninger and hear his thoughts.  Now I'm even more excited about this book!

Meg

dhaupt

Wow a very insightful video I feel like I know the author a little more now. And I love how he and his wife met and how they live.

Thanks Paul

Distinguished Correspondent
biljounc63
0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to watching the video! I am painting my den where the computer is. I am connected to the internet but my speakers are out of the way until I get room done. My goal is to complete it by Friday. I hate using a "mute" computer!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Frequent Contributor
artist4nature
0 Kudos

This video is the prelude to what I think will be a great book.  Seeing where Mr. Monninger lives, I am sure that there will be wonderful insight into nature along with the the love story.  Can't wait.

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing the video.  What a fabulous layer to add to the book club experience.  I love his comment about never losing summer and that spring isn't the beginning of life, but the continuation.  I think his novel will give us much to discuss. 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

What a wonderful video!  I love how he describes the seasons & how everything does not die during the winter.  And the poem was beautiful.  I am now even more interested in reading this book.

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Thanks for the great video!  What a beautiful place to live.

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Hi All,

This terrific video offers up both insight into the book as well as Joseph's world and words.

Oh I can't wait to begin reading this novel!!  Mr. Monninger seems to be a man with the same love of nature and beauty as myself. I too, love the woods! And the rivers and all of nature.  It seems we don't easily "let go of" the things we love, which causes momentary melancholy and even sadness.  Just the short snippet he read from his book, has me wanting more.  Thank you!

"What we love, we shall grow to resemble."
Bernard of Clairvaux