Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

Re: Watch this Great Video of Joseph Monninger

Very nice addition to our introduction to this author!   I'm pleased by the thoughtfulness I hear in his words;  too often stories about "love" turn out to be shallow fantasy or escapism,   I'm reassured we'll have some interesting issues to chew over.  Like the author,  I'm not too keen on visions of running through the meadow with stars in one's eyes either - except of course for those times it's happened to me.  ;-)

Contributor
SapphicKris
0 Kudos

I'm even more excited about reading this book now that I've seen the video. Being a southern Vermonter, I feel right at home in the landscape where Mr. Monninger has set the book and that he also calls home. I agree with others who have written this book is likely to be a tearjerker. Can't wait to get out the Kleenex and settle in for a heartwarming winter read.

- Kris

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

I agree, great video. It is always wonderful to hear and see the author. I am looking forward to getting the book and reading a good love story. I always enjoy a tear jerker. Intersting to hear the author's take on how we don't lose love, just like we don't lose the seasons. I need to take that attitude with me as I head into winter!

Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

Wow!  Now I'm really looking forward to Big Brown delivering my copy! 

--Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

It was nice to get a picture of where the author was when he was writing the story.  As of now I haven't read the description of the story because I love to be surprised.  I often just look at how people have reacted to a book but not details so that I can be surprised as I read.  I hate to know too much since the element of surprise and newness is so great.  Looking forward to reading this! 

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
SandyS
0 Kudos

I appreciated this video.  Mr. Monninger has insightful and heartfelt ideas about love, life, and the continuity even after a loss or end.  I feel the book will lend more insight into these thoughts.  Can't wait.

SandyS

Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for letting us see the video.  He seems like a remarkable man as well as a talented writer. It reminds me of when my husband and I lived in the country.  And the dog is adorable! As a dog owner/lover anyone who loves dogs automatically gets" brownie points" with me. I am sold on Mr. Joseph Monninger and look forward to reading his books.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise

Wow: What a great video and now I can't wait to read this book!  Thanks, Paul for sharing this with us and looking forward to reading the book. :smileyhappy:

Anna Louise

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Great video. I love the pictures of the natural world and his marvelous barn. I'm very much looking forward to this book.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks Paul for the peek into Joseph Monninger's life and his love of nature and family ..I feel really good about reading "Eternal on the Water". Vtc..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

I've just finished reading "Home Waters;" Mr. Monninger's love of his dog is touching. I didn't know that I could be fascinated with fly fishing, but the book taught me a lot about the feelings and thoughts that go into it, and I appreciate the insights I've gained by reading this memoir. If "Eternal on the Water" reveals as much of a connection to nature as "Home Waters" does, I'll be very happy.

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Seeing the video provided a visual component while reading the book.  Well done! Jo

Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

What a great video to give us an introduction to the author and a look at his life and the inspiration for Eternal on the water :smileyhappy:

Rabid_Reader

Contributor
brainlair
0 Kudos

Great video. It will be interesting to read a love story from Joseph's perspective.

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~Jorge Luis Borges
Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing this video with us. I waited to watch it until now. I didn't want it to influence me and how I perceived the book.

I just finished Chapter 5 of the book and decided I could now watch the video.  I was very touched by the video as I am being touched by the book.

Mr. Monninger seems to be a beautiful soul.

Thank you,

Lisa in Georgia

Inspired Contributor
Bearsstar
0 Kudos

I'm thrilled, I got my book this morning and just re watched the video of Joseph Monninger, which was great.  I have to get reading so that I am rady for the 11th.  Thank you for showing the video it was great

Jeanne G aka Bearsstar
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

Let me just say that I really enjoy having a visual link to the author of the First Look novels.  It really adds to the overall experience when you can get a personal introduction into the life of the writer.

It really helps me to relate to the author and understand and enjoy the story more completely.

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Contributor
tammypennington
0 Kudos

What a wonderful companion to the book!  I just started reading the novel today and I am so drawn to the story.  it's really a beautiful story so far.  Thanks BN and the author for sharing this with us First lookers!

Tammy in Seattle
Contributor
brezi

Thank you, Paul, for posting this video. I enjoyed learning about Joseph and seeing him interact with his wife, who looks like the Mary that I've pictured in my head. I love their barn that they renovated. What a beautiful setting to live and write. Being an animal lover, I'm impressed that he included his dog in the video.

Contributor
carol_fa
0 Kudos

Loved the video, scenery was beautiful.  It was great seeing the author reading the wedding poem. Love the book!!!