Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I am a stay at home mother of a beautiful 2 year old girl. This will be my sixth first look discussion and I am looking forward to discussing this book with everyone!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Tammy! It's good to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

TamCG wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I am very excited to be a part of the First Look Book Club :smileyhappy:  My name is Tammy and I am a born and raised Floridian who moved to TN (still getting used to the slower pace).  I have two small children but somehow still find time to read (I have to read!!!).  Can't wait to get started. 

Thanks! ~ Tammy

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, ebersky! I'm glad you found us.  :smileywink:

embersky_gemini wrote:

Hello!

This is my first time doing the First Look book thing. I never even knew it exsisted until now.  I just registered today, so I don't know if I made it in time for this month, but I am super excited to read a new book.  I too live in Wisconsin where we are getting our very first flurries of the year.  I'm all ready to curl up inside all winter with some good books!!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Coffeenut wrote:

Hey all, my name is Pam and ILOVE to read!

Hey there Coffeenut-

I like your blog name!  I assume you are a coffee fan like myself!

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Contributor
embersky_gemini
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dreyslibrary -

Where in WI are you located?  I'm in the Menasha area, and these flurries were the first all year.  I really did think I was ready for some snow, but now that it's still flurrying and only 25 degrees I am changing my mind already! Luckily I just had my 1st child 2 months ago and can afford to put off returning to work till after this flu season if I desire.  I don't really leave the house except to go to the library and the grocery store, which means I can catch up on my reading :smileyhappy:

Contributor
ann1009961
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

Just got my confirmation.  My name is Ann and I live in Western Massachusetts.  This will be my 5th First Look. The last one I did was Of Bees and Mist.  Looking forward to this one.  It sounds very interesting!

Ann

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
New User
angelmom73199
0 Kudos

My name is Marsha and I am a confirmed book addict.  I do not wish to be rehabilitated.  I want to continue consuming as many books as possible.  Thank you Barnes & Noble for making this free book offer available.

Contributor
spaz_k7
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. My name is Kayla. I am a student and love to read fiction. This is my first book club ever so I'm very excited and thought this might be a good way to get started.

Contributor
BookJunkieOK
0 Kudos

My name is Lisa. I'm from Oklahoma, and I am about to start my student internship teaching high schoolers world history.  This is my first "First Look", and I am excited to be a part of it.  Reading is truly a passion for me.

New User
Cassie423
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Cassie and I'm from Charlotte NC. This is my first time participating in first looks book club but I'm excited to give it a try and can't wait to read the book!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Cassie! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

Cassie423 wrote:

Hi, my name is Cassie and I'm from Charlotte NC. This is my first time participating in first looks book club but I'm excited to give it a try and can't wait to read the book!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Lisa! Good luck with your internship. :smileywink:

BookJunkieOK wrote:

My name is Lisa. I'm from Oklahoma, and I am about to start my student internship teaching high schoolers world history.  This is my first "First Look", and I am excited to be a part of it.  Reading is truly a passion for me.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Kayla! This is a very friendly group and I hope you enjoy your having this be your first book club. :smileywink:

spaz_k7 wrote:

Hi everyone. My name is Kayla. I am a student and love to read fiction. This is my first book club ever so I'm very excited and thought this might be a good way to get started.

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Although this isn't addressed to me, I'm jumping in!  I'm glad that there are more WI readers.  I'm from the Menomonie-Eau Claire area.  Any other WI First Look reader from my part of beautiful, hilly WI?

embersky_gemini wrote:

dreyslibrary -

Where in WI are you located?  I'm in the Menasha area, and these flurries were the first all year.  I really did think I was ready for some snow, but now that it's still flurrying and only 25 degrees I am changing my mind already! Luckily I just had my 1st child 2 months ago and can afford to put off returning to work till after this flu season if I desire.  I don't really leave the house except to go to the library and the grocery store, which means I can catch up on my reading :smileyhappy:

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
Sheltiemama
0 Kudos

I'm Donna. I live in East Tennessee and am a copy editor for a newspaper. This is my third First Look Book.

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My name is Tarri and I live in Washington (state not DC).  I have participated in all of the First Look discussions and I really enjoy reading everyone's takes on the books.  I also love discovering new authors and following some of their publication journeys. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome from another book addict,Marsha! You will find a lot of friends here. :smileywink:

angelmom73199 wrote:

My name is Marsha and I am a confirmed book addict.  I do not wish to be rehabilitated.  I want to continue consuming as many books as possible.  Thank you Barnes & Noble for making this free book offer available.

Contributor
Paula_Jean
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  I am new to First Look and very excited to participate!  This book looks amazing!

In my mind, there's nothing better than curling up with a great book in front of the fire during a Minnesota winter. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Paula

Contributor
danikl
0 Kudos

Diane from AZ or ND, depending on the time of year. Am excited to be confirmed for this book discussion. Have participated in other FL discussions and enjoy other's perspectives. Happy Reading!

gl
gl
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Gaby, a lawyer and book blogger from Brooklyn.  Just got my confirmation and am very excited to be part of this FL club. This sounds like a very interesting choice, with romance and travel.   I'd participated previously and really enjoyed the discussions and the chance to hear from the authors directly.  Thank you B&N for making this possible!

Looking forward to another fun FL book club!

Gaby