New User
JulieanneMV
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Greetings,

I'm Mary and I live in Michigan.  I love to read and enjoy camping in the Upper Peninsula and on Lake Michigan.

This is my first First Look and I'm enjoying it so far!

HBT
Inspired Contributor
HBT
0 Kudos

I was born and raised in MI. I loved camping in the U.P and I miss swimming in Torch Lake. It is the cleanest lake I have ever swam in. I miss it up there but not in the winter, :smileytongue: I lived in a small town and I miss the smell of fall and spring. Plus I have never seen a field of cherry or apple trees anywhere else. I miss the site of that too.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If you've PM'ed me, I've sent you the latest list. 248 names as of 8:00 CST. I hope to goodness I didn't miss anybody! If I did, I assure you , it wasn't intended.

Now, off to read!!

Sydney

Sydney -- thanks for your work -- and for sharing it!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
eScout
0 Kudos

Hello hello! My name is Beth, I'm from frigid Minnesota. The weather has worked to my advantage, giving me the perfect excuse to stay in by the fireplace and read. This will be my first FL discussion, so I'm not sure exactly how this all works..Imagine my surprise when I received the book in the mail, I didn't even think I registered right! But a pleasant surprise, definitely :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
BookBobBP
0 Kudos

I just received my copy of Eternal on the Water .    I am very excited to start reading it.   

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

eScout wrote:

Hello hello! My name is Beth, I'm from frigid Minnesota. The weather has worked to my advantage, giving me the perfect excuse to stay in by the fireplace and read. This will be my first FL discussion, so I'm not sure exactly how this all works..Imagine my surprise when I received the book in the mail, I didn't even think I registered right! But a pleasant surprise, definitely :smileyhappy:

eScout -- welcome!  I lived in MN at one time and you have been having the winter days that keep me  from considering returning.  Our thirty - twenty degree weather for days on end is even beginning to seem cold to me here in NJ after over thirty years!

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
Krickett2432
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Diane.  I work at a University in Northwest Indiana.  I'm working full-time and taking two classes this semester.

New User
MtnMommaJF

Hello I am a retired female, married, mother of 2 & grandmother of 2.  I enjoy reading & especially appreciated the vivid picture painted of the camping experience.  This was done without being long , drawn-out & tiresome.  Short and to the point, describing exactly the experience it is.  One could also experience the peace & tranquility on the water while sitting in a kayak.

Contributor
BaseballMomma
0 Kudos

Just a few minutes ago, I finally received the book! As soon as the doorbell rang, I knew it had to be UPS! Very excited to start reading and catch up to the discussion!

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Krickett2432 wrote:

Hi I'm Diane.  I work at a University in Northwest Indiana.  I'm working full-time and taking two classes this semester.

Hi Diane,  You sound like me three years ago!  I was working at a university here in TN and taking Spanish classes.  We used to live in Hammond, IN.  Which university are you working at, Purdue? What do you do there?  I was the Administrative Assistant for Sociology, Anthropology and Geography. The fact that Mary, in EOTW is an Anthropologist is interesting to me because of that as a few of the Anthro Profs were good friends of mine.
"What we love, we shall grow to resemble."
Bernard of Clairvaux
Frequent Contributor
learningdragon
0 Kudos

Good evening!

I have participated in First Look with the Deliverance Dane book--I have enjoyed every selection and the discussions that have followed. This one looks to be as interesting as the others!

New User
Michele012502
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Due to the holidays and illness, I just recevied the book today and have started it. It is such a great book!!! I can't wait to finish it. I believe you guys are ahead of me at this point, but I will catch up.

Happy reading all!!

Michele

Contributor
MKDeanna
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Deanna from FL and this is my first "first look" book.  I'm so excited to be a part of this and I love the book so far! 

Contributor
donelsonj
0 Kudos

My name is Jeanette. I live in central Ohio with my husband. I just completed my Masters in education and am also experiencing being an empty nestor! This is freeing me up for my passion: that of reading! I teach students with special needs at the high school level. My goal for my students is to teach them to read and to enjoy reading! I want them to learn that although reading may be hard for them, the effort is worth the enjoyment that they will expereince. This is my first time in this First Look program and I'm excited and feel priviledged to participate. Thanks!

Contributor
kitkat2230
0 Kudos

I finally recieved my book yesterday! I was starting to get worried seeing as we were already disscussing the book and because of this I feel that I am a little behind. I'm sure that I'll be able to catch up. I'm not too far into it yet, but I'm really excited to read the book and be able to discuss it with everyone.

Katie

Reader 2
LC71
0 Kudos

My name is LaDawn. I live in the Denver, Colorado area. I'm in two other book clubs. This is the first time I have participated in First Look. I really enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to the discussion.

Frequent Contributor
shelley727
0 Kudos

Hello~

My name is Shelley & I live in Texas.  I have participated in several First Look book clubs.  Unfortunately I JUST received my book today (Wednesday)!  I'm a little behind BUT looking forward to the reading and discussion.  :smileyhappy:

Shelley

Shelley
Contributor
stkong7
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Blackinese and I love reading, crocheting, vacationing, and watching HGTV and Foodnetwork.  I'm looking forward to reading this book, and to reading everyone's comments.

Contributor
JacCait
0 Kudos

Well leave it to me to be the last one to "welcome".  I did receive my copy of Eternal on the Water and I am loving it.  My name is Lisa and this is the 2nd FL for me.  Looking forward to corresponding....

Contributor
Teddyree
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Sheree but some of you will know me as Teddyree. I'm from Brisbane, Australia and we are melting in the heat over here right now. :smileyvery-happy:

I've just received my copy of Eternal on the Water and I'm starting on it straight away. Looks like I may be a little late but  we had a postal strike which slowed up mail after Christmas. Thanks once again, I'm looking forward to the discussion.

The Eclectic Reader