Frequent Contributor
kstempien
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello, everyone! I know I'm late in entering the discussion, but I wanted to introduce myself anyway. I'm Keri, and I'm from northeast PA. This is my 1st opportunity participating with the First Look club, and I'm very excited to be part of it. I have loved reading since I was a child, and love catching up now, being on break from school.

I hope everyone enjoys the book!

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Teddyree wrote:

Hi I'm Sheree but some of you will know me as Teddyree. I'm from Brisbane, Australia and we are melting in the heat over here right now. :smileyvery-happy:

I've just received my copy of Eternal on the Water and I'm starting on it straight away. Looks like I may be a little late but  we had a postal strike which slowed up mail after Christmas. Thanks once again, I'm looking forward to the discussion.

The Eclectic Reader

Well late or not, welcome to the discussion :smileyhappy:

New User
mclose1982
0 Kudos

hello fellow readers.... my name is michelle i am 27 yr old single mother in college full time.... i live in toledo, ohio

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

mclose1982 wrote:

hello fellow readers.... my name is michelle i am 27 yr old single mother in college full time.... i live in toledo, ohio

Michelle -- your days are full!  Congratulations on fitting in the time to read -- perhaps you are like some of us who need to read to live!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
ImagineMe
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Dana and the this is the second First Look group I've participanted in. I'm looking very forward to reading this book. I've never read the author's previous works but if this is as good as it looks I'll start reading the others.

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Welcome Sherri!

My name is Carol also from PA.   This is my 2nd time partaking in this book club.  I am very intrigued with Eternal on the Waters.  Are you enjoying the novel?

Everyone enjoy!

Frequent Contributor
LoBugs
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Laura and I am sorry but I am getting a very late start on this book!

One kid home from College and it changes my routine a bit. She left to go back today

so here I come Eternal on the Water!!

Lobugs
Inspired Contributor
LISA-BRYAN
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone-

I live in Nebraska with my husband and 2 sons -- who have just been a great help to me over the last few weeks.  So sorry to just be joining --- I have been reading this wonderful book on and off that last couple of weeks; however, I  have also been dealing with the aftermath of a black widow spider bite to my face --- after almost 2 weeks I am beginning to mend; please be patient as I am still recovering.  I truly am looking forward to reading more.

Peppermill
0 Kudos

LISA-BRYAN wrote:

Hello Everyone-

I live in Nebraska with my husband and 2 sons -- who have just been a great help to me over the last few weeks.  So sorry to just be joining --- I have been reading this wonderful book on and off that last couple of weeks; however, I  have also been dealing with the aftermath of a black widow spider bite to my face --- after almost 2 weeks I am beginning to mend; please be patient as I am still recovering.  I truly am looking forward to reading more.

Lisa -- take care!  First things first!

Glad to hear that you are recovering.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
bibliophilic
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Elizabeth from South Carolina.  Life time reader.  First time "First Look"er - first on-line book club experience.  

First blunder.  Signed up - didn't check for confirmation.  Waited for book to arrive - delivered week and a half ago - read - and just signing in.  Enjoyed meeting Cobb and Mary and journeying with them in Eternal on the Water.  Now looking forward to group discussions, catching up and joining in.

I am a discussion board and blog novice.

Peppermill
0 Kudos

bibliophilic wrote:

Hello All,

Elizabeth from South Carolina.  Life time reader.  First time "First Look"er - first on-line book club experience.  

First blunder.  Signed up - didn't check for confirmation.  Waited for book to arrive - delivered week and a half ago - read - and just signing in.  Enjoyed meeting Cobb and Mary and journeying with them in Eternal on the Water.  Now looking forward to group discussions, catching up and joining in.

I am a discussion board and blog novice.

Elizabeth -- WELCOME!

A First Look board can be a little overwhelming at this stage, even for old timers.

Sample what you like and enjoy yourself.

We look forward to your posts if and when you want to do so.  But do lean back and savor this first experience.

Look forward to your observations.

Pepper

Contributor
Teddyree
0 Kudos

Thanks Zia, nice to see you on here :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
CEGS
0 Kudos

I'm Carol.  I live outside of Philadelphia.  This is my first experience with a First Look club.  Reading, photography and travel are my loves.

Inspired Contributor
nadine1
0 Kudos

Greetings fellow readers.  This is my 10th First Look Book Club.  I really enjoyed The House at Riverton and The Physik Book of Deliverance Dane.  I am looking forward to reading a romance novel set in the great outdoors, especially since I spent many summers at camp in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Contributor
cdehn
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for saying the board can be overwhelming. With so many posts, it is hard to know what to say without being redundant. It is also hard and time-consuming to get through all the posts. Is there a secret to this?

I'm also wondering whether the author is done answering questions. I went to the last post in his thread and was confused as to how to post a new question without doing a "reply".

Thanks from a newbie.....

Contributor
letsread2SC
0 Kudos

Hello Readers,

No mail strike, but Houston may have been one of the last areas to receive the book. I hope to travel to Maine this summer, so I was excited to read about the setting in the preview. This is my third experience with First Look and well worth the wait!

Sharon 

Never put off till tomorrow the book you can read today. ~ Holbrock Jackson

Sharon

He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter. ~ Barrow ~
Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

hi all,

sorry for the late arrival, but I'm enjoying the book.

Finally got a chance to read and now I'm almost done!

will post my revew this weekend for sure :smileyhappy:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
New User
kpotts
0 Kudos

Re: First Look Book Club

Hi my name is Kim and  enjoy reading the book from the first look book club.  They add variety to my reading and also the discussions are awesome.