Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi
My name is Wayne and I live in Longmont, Colorado which is about 35 miles north of Denver. The temp now is about 6 degrees, which is good weather to sit in front of the fire place and start reading Eternal on the Water.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

PB684 wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

PB684 wrote:

eadieburke wrote:
Started reading the book tonight. I am on page 90. I had to force myself to stop reading. JM is a great writer -the story flows. I will read to the end of the section called "Maine" and then stop since the schedule has not been posted. That's what I decided to do since I am already anxious to read more! Just when u think the First look book u r reading is the best ever, the next one proves u wrong!

That's a great idea Eadie! I was trying to decide how far to go because I don't want to get too far ahead. Normally I tend to devour a book, especially one that flows this easily, and then I am reluctant to post any opinions because I don't want to spoil anything. I am a little behind you in pages because I keep stopping myself and then fighting the urge to read "just one more chapter". Now I have given myself permission to read to the end of this section! What a liberating feeling:smileyvery-happy:

Paula

It's probably a little further than the moderator will decide for the first part of our read but I needed to make a decision how far to go and it worked for me. Glad to hear that I helped you too! Hopefully, we won't be too far ahead!

Looks like you called it perfectly:smileywink: Now my only problem is that I have to stop reading for a while until the discussion catches up! I must say that I am loving this book...thanks B&N for another great pick.

It was a lucky guess and I doubt that I would be able to do that again!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

The little brown truck delivered my book tonight way over here in Oregon. Perfect timing too, I just finished the book I was reading. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone my name is Gail Marie I received my book today also and I am from the state of Washington. It was here when I got home from class today. So now I can get a good start before we start on Monday. Because I have two papers that are due on Tuesday. So far what little I have read I feel this is going to be a very interesting read. Take care all of you book lover I will talk to you all on Monday.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Wayne! Yes, you have great weather for reading as we do here in MA. I envy the fireplace.  :smileywink:

wjbauer wrote:

Hi
My name is Wayne and I live in Longmont, Colorado which is about 35 miles north of Denver. The temp now is about 6 degrees, which is good weather to sit in front of the fire place and start reading Eternal on the Water.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Vanetta. Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:

vanettaq wrote:

Hi everyone, my name is Vanetta, I live in Western Maryland. I am an avid reader and collector. I love to go to book signings and I love to talk to authors. This is my first book club, so I hope I like it and maybe I will be able to join more in the future.

Hope to talk to everyone! :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Frequent Contributor
jbg78
0 Kudos

Hello from snowy Michigan.  Being a teacher... I was really hoping for a snow day, but all I got was a 2 hour delay.  It was long enough to get the book started! 

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb~
Contributor
lizabet1196
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Amy.  I love to read and can't wait to start discussing the book.

New User
scottishpeace
0 Kudos

Hi, I just received my copy of Eternal on the Water yesterday--not sure why it took so long to arrive, but it must've been due to holiday postal service.

So far, I really like it and am reading as fast as I can to not miss the opportunities to discuss this book!

I've never been north of Washington, D.C., so enjoy settings different from my own. Look forward to discussing this more in the coming days!

Contributor
parisianrose
0 Kudos

Hi all, my name's Katrina and this is my first time in the First Look book club.  I live in Andover, MN, a northern suburb of Minneapolis.  I'm very excited to begin discussing this book to see what they're like as compared to my college english class.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Scottishpeace! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileyhappy:

scottishpeace wrote:

Hi, I just received my copy of Eternal on the Water yesterday--not sure why it took so long to arrive, but it must've been due to holiday postal service.

So far, I really like it and am reading as fast as I can to not miss the opportunities to discuss this book!

I've never been north of Washington, D.C., so enjoy settings different from my own. Look forward to discussing this more in the coming days!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Katrina! It's good to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

parisianrose wrote:

Hi all, my name's Katrina and this is my first time in the First Look book club.  I live in Andover, MN, a northern suburb of Minneapolis.  I'm very excited to begin discussing this book to see what they're like as compared to my college english class.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Cheryl I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileywink:

NanaKS wrote:

Hello Everyone! My name is Cheryl and my husband and I live SE Kansas.  I'm a paralegal by profession and am ususally knee deep in civil litigation, stressed out and ready for a good book!  I also enjoy quilting and spending time with my family and friends.

I just received Eternal on the Water today and have started reading it.  So far I think it is going to be a good read!  This is my first club and I look forward to discussing and meeting all of you.

Cheryl

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Carol and I live in Bucks County, PA.  I finished the first section.  It is a very interesting novel so far, very detailed.   Can not wait for the discussions to begin.

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I grew up in the Hendersonville/Asheville area of NC. I visited there last weekend to return my niece home. Back to NJ on Friday. Very quick visit but returned in snow. I drove around Charlotte and enjoyed the skyline.

It was incredibly cold there this week. I did have my copy of the book and started reading while I was there. Didn't get to read much though. Family and all that. I love visitng home. Hope you enjoy the area.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
kch
Contributor
kch
0 Kudos

Hi everyone I am Karen and I live in SE Idaho (shadow of the Tetons) with my husband and 3 children. This is my first time doing a first look. So far this story is great I just got my copy about 5 days ago and haven't finished it yet. I look forward to visiting with others that love reading.

Make it a good one.

Karen H

Karen
Contributor
pattycakeMN
0 Kudos

My name is Patricia - I am retired from working as a tax accountant at a power company.  Now I have time to READ .... and garden, go to estate sales, and spend time with family.  I live in Minnesota, and currently we have 25 inches of snow in our yard from a Christmas storm !!  I have started reading the book and look forward to the discussion !!

Contributor
RNData_GK
0 Kudos

My name is Gigi from Orlando, FL with my husband and two boys. This is my second First Look Book selection. I'm excited to join this group. I just got the book earlier this week and have only read a few pages, but am already intrigued by the story.

Gigi

Frequent Contributor
McWarren
0 Kudos

If you've PM'ed me, I've sent you the latest list. 248 names as of 8:00 CST. I hope to goodness I didn't miss anybody! If I did, I assure you , it wasn't intended.

Now, off to read!!

Sydney

Frequent Contributor
vpenning
0 Kudos

My name is Valerie, and I am an educator in a small town East of Kansas City. I love to read, and encourage it in my students. I love having this book club so that I can show my students the love of reading and sharing with others.