Contributor
abirkhimer
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I'm Amber from AZ, and this is my second FL.  My first one was Under This Unbroken Sky, and I missed the signups for The Postmistress and Hush, Hush.  I was so excited when I found out I hadn't missed on signing up for the next FL.  Can't wait to join in the discussions!

EC
Frequent Contributor
EC

Hi!

I am Ellen from a town in Connecticut. I love to read, enjoy hiking and spending time with my daughter and our pets. The First Look bookclub has turned me on to authors I probably wouldn't have read & now I look for more of their writings.

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Me too!  Yay!  I'm so excited to be included.  It was record time for a confirmation.  Thanks Paul!

Amanda

dhaupt wrote:

Wow I just got confirmed for Eternal on the Water. So I'm in. Yay!!!!!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

I have the same addiction! LOL  There is nothing to worry about.  :smileyhappy:

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Hello to all,

My name is Aine and I live in Reading, PA. Books are my second favorite hobby, "sticks and string" being my first; I have learned how to do both at the same time. Should I be concerned that I may have developed an addiction to the First Look book club? Seriously!

Again, thanks to all who "run the show"....

What is "sticks and string"????

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Contributor
JanetRuth
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Janet and brand new to the First Look club and look forward to discussions on this book.  Can't wait!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

babzilla41 wrote:

DSaff wrote:

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Hello to all,

My name is Aine and I live in Reading, PA. Books are my second favorite hobby, "sticks and string" being my first; I have learned how to do both at the same time. Should I be concerned that I may have developed an addiction to the First Look book club? Seriously!

Knitting :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

babzilla41 wrote:

DSaff wrote:

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Hello to all,

Ohhhh....nevermind my question...I get it now...

I also received my confirmation in record time!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Love the word confirmed.  I'm impressed that the confirmations are already being sent.  What organization from competent people!  Thanks.

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I agree with you, Meme. I didn't even think to look for a confirmation yet, but I should have. THANK YOU to all of you who are making this process possible, and so very enjoyable.  :smileyhappy:

meme1 wrote:

Love the word confirmed.  I'm impressed that the confirmations are already being sent.  What organization from competent people!  Thanks.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
timetravel
0 Kudos

This will be my third First Look if accepted.  I work part-time in a sleep lab which gives me plenty of time to read and review books on my blog.  I'm looking forward to discussing the book with all of you.

Bookvisions

Correspondent
CJINCA
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I live in Northern California -- right outside San Francisco -- and I am looking forward to my seventh FL.

I see that Sag Harbor, one of the FL books from earlier this year, is on the New York Times list of 100 Notable Books for 2009.

-- C.

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm Cora, retired in California. In these past years of retirement I have found a love of reading and writing, I couldn't have imagined. In my spare time I enjoy all types of needlework from yarns to cross-stitch threads.

Looking Forward to Discussions in January

Cora

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I just signed up for this FL and am awaiting confirmation.  I've enjoyed reading everyone's introduction.  I think it's nice that a good book discussion can bring folks from all over the globe together like this.  Hope to see you on the boards.

Bonnie

Reader
bibliophilicbookblog
0 Kudos

I am new to this forum, I need to learn how to make a signature with it and everything. My blog is: www.bibliophilicbookblog.com

Drop a comment, let me know what you think.

Monica

Frequent Contributor
BookBobBP
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am excited again to be participating in another First Look Book.  I am very impressed with the last few books and Eternal on the Water look like it is going to be another good read.

Bob

Distinguished Correspondent
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

I just received my confirmation!  Looking forward to this one. 

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Suzie. I've recently moved to Idaho and I'm still trying to get settled in my new home.  What a beautiful place Idaho is!

I've been in quite a few of the FL discussions.  I've lost count at this point; but, I can say I've loved every one of them.  Each book has been unique and I've like some more than others (several, I have LOVED!) Many of the books have left lasting impressions and I always recommend them to my friends who are looking for books to read. All of my FL books have permanent homes in my library, which is the room where everyone seems to gather!  My walls of books are like magnets to more than me, it seems!

I'm so happy to see so many familiar "faces" back for another discussion and I welcome all the newcomers.  We're going to have a great discussion! Can't wait to get started!! :smileyhappy:

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Contributor
reader_18
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Claire and I live in Minneapolis.  I'm a graduate student in the medical field and this is my first time participating. I'm involved in a book club in my neighborhood and love to read when I'm not studying.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Claire. I hope you enjoy yourself. We do have a good time. :smileywink:

reader_18 wrote:

Hello, my name is Claire and I live in Minneapolis.  I'm a graduate student in the medical field and this is my first time participating. I'm involved in a book club in my neighborhood and love to read when I'm not studying.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Janet! I hope you enjoy the group and the discussion.  :smileywink:

JanetRuth wrote:

Hi, I am Janet and brand new to the First Look club and look forward to discussions on this book.  Can't wait!