Rachel-K

All Spoilers Welcome Thread

Hi all,

Because I know many raced straight through this novel when is showed up on your doorsteps, I want to make sure you have a place to share your impressions and ideas without being afraid of spoiling the plot for others! You can pull questions from other threads here, or start your own. 

Please remember not to open this thread unless you've already finished the book! 

New User
BeverlyNC
0 Kudos

Re: All Spoilers Welcome Thread

I knew Patch would be the ultimate "good guy" all along.  I never doubted for a minute that he would rescue Nora.  Their connection was apparent from the first biology class.  Vee irritated me from the very beginning.  I also knew Elliott was a creep.  I think that I was able to become so engrossed in Nora's thoughts that I could share her intuition on the other characters. 

Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

I really liked how Patch wasn't the traditional good guy. He was kind of a good guy turned bad guy turned good again, and I think it really added to his character. He himself told Nora that he had done bad things in the past that he couldn't change, and that he wasn't the best guy now, but he was a lot better than he used to be. I really liked how he took responsibility for his past, and didn't try to come across as a knight in shining armor. Elliot creeped me out from the beginning, he was just too intense. Vee bothered me a little too, but not as much when I found out she was being manipulated. I really liked how Nora was a good girl, but she also did things her own way, and didn't always play by the book. Overall I loved the book, and I cannot wait for Crescendo (the sequel).

Rabid_Reader

Contributor
Kelsey94
0 Kudos

I really liked Patch from the beginning. I'm hoping to find out more about the fallen angels and Patch's connection with them in the next book. Does anyone know what it's going to be called?

Reader
BoBally
0 Kudos

At first I thought patch was going to turn out as a bad guy. but as i read on i was obviously wrong!:smileyhappy:

Reader
BoBally
0 Kudos

Elliot gave me the creeps. He was too nice. And Jules was creepier. Leaving all the time when Patch was near and never talking.The ending was perfect!!!! Hes her guardian angel! Thats just  too cool!

Contributor
wendyreads09
0 Kudos

I finished this in about 4 days.  Couldn't put it down.  There was no way I could stick to just reading a few chapters a week. I agree with BoBally, Elliott was a scary dude.  I was hoping that Patch would turn out to be the good guy in the end.   I also had a feeling that Dabria (Ms. Greene) had something to do with it.  It was just too weird that she knew everything about Nora and Patch's relationship.  The scene when Nora was in Portland looking for Vera gave me the creeps.

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

This book was just really great. I loved how Patch was the good guy, but you really didnt know that until the end. I was always on my toes just waiting for the next thing to happen. And I totally think there should be a sequel to this book, that would just make me so happy. There are so many possiblities, and so much more could happen. 

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

Am I the only one who flat out hated the book? In the beginning Nora is constantly using her iron pills, then they just drop out for a few chapters until it's convienent for her to use them again. And isn't Nora supposed to be a descendant of chauncey? Why would he try to kill her then? I thought that Patch's affection for Nora came basically out of nowhere. But I suppose that how most relationships in teen books go.

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:

Hi all,

Because I know many raced straight through this novel when is showed up on your doorsteps, I want to make sure you have a place to share your impressions and ideas without being afraid of spoiling the plot for others! You can pull questions from other threads here, or start your own. 

Please remember not to open this thread unless you've already finished the book! 

thanks so much for this thread!!!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Rabid_Reader wrote:

I really liked how Patch wasn't the traditional good guy. He was kind of a good guy turned bad guy turned good again, and I think it really added to his character. He himself told Nora that he had done bad things in the past that he couldn't change, and that he wasn't the best guy now, but he was a lot better than he used to be. I really liked how he took responsibility for his past, and didn't try to come across as a knight in shining armor. Elliot creeped me out from the beginning, he was just too intense. Vee bothered me a little too, but not as much when I found out she was being manipulated. I really liked how Nora was a good girl, but she also did things her own way, and didn't always play by the book. Overall I loved the book, and I cannot wait for Crescendo (the sequel).

Rabid_Reader

I agree!  I liked Patch immensely! (gotta love the bad boy! )  Elliot gave me shivers, as did Jules.  Vee didn't  strike me too  much one way or the other, honestly.  I liked Nora; like how is was a good girl, a very good for an example for the young readers.

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Arielle wrote:

This book was just really great. I loved how Patch was the good guy, but you really didnt know that until the end. I was always on my toes just waiting for the next thing to happen. And I totally think there should be a sequel to this book, that would just make me so happy. There are so many possiblities, and so much more could happen. 

Becca is working on a sequel !!   Cresendo!  I can't wait for it!

-Sir Richard Steele

Frequent Contributor
MomforrestMO
0 Kudos

I"m reading it now.  It's hard to put down. I like the fallen angel angle instead of another vampire.

MomforrestMO
New User
The_Obsessive_Reader
0 Kudos

I agree! I hope there is a sequel. It would be interesting to see how things turned out because if you think about it a lot of stuff is set up to end in disaster. Like how Patch is a guardian now. Doesn't that mean that he isn't supposed to be intamite with humans? Wouldn't he end up being Fallen again? And now that Nora is a descendant of Nephilium does that mean she'll live a long time? And, now that Patch is her guardian angel does that mean he watches her 24-7 even when she doesn't see him? How can she have a relationship with him when shes going to get old and isn't he going to want to become a human to be with her? What about Patch's crazy pscho ex-girlfriend? Shes fallen so you know shes going to come back up later. I feel like there has to be a second book because there is so many unresolved problems. Though I did really like this book.

New User
The_Obsessive_Reader
0 Kudos

I should have used spell check. Sorry!

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I loved that I really wasn't quite sure that Patch would be a good guy until I was close to the end. At first I thought it might be Elliot but since Patch is the ultimate bad boy, I knew he had to be good :-)

I didn't start this book until Saturday evening and stayed up late reading to finish last night. I just could not put it down.

I really liked Nora alot. Vee got on my nerves some but then I realized it was because Jules was controlling her thoughts.

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Vampirelover15JC
0 Kudos

Patch was the kind of guy i like in these books not so good, but also not going on and on about how bad he is. At first i thought he was going to be bad and Elliot good, but after a little farther in the book it became a little more clear that Elliot wasn't necessarily the best per son and Patch wasn't the bad one

Stupid Volvo Owner
-Bella
Running away like dying is easy its living thats hard
-The Black Stallion

Emmett is a Sexy Beast
Contributor
KewpieDoll
0 Kudos

---Think-Im-Listening wrote: Am I the only one who flat out hated the book? In the beginning Nora is constantly using her iron pills, then they just drop out for a few chapters until it's convienent for her to use them again. -----------------
Think, I noticed that, too.  I assumed it the whole iron pill thing had something to do with the whole nephlim thing, so when she was close to Patch (being he's an angel), she didn't need them.  
The Characters:  I loved Patch right off the bat.  Thank Goodness he turned out to be a good guy!  Patch can teach me how to cook anytime!  :-)  It was nice seeing something other than an 'Edward' clone.  Nora, too, was a little stronger than some of the typical supernatural romance heroines out there at the moment, which was nice.  Vee was annoying.  The fact that she and Nora were such great friends seemed weird to me b/c they seemed like such different people, but who am I to judge?  Elliott freaked me out a bit, especially when he was drunk and at  Nora's door.  
The Story:  What a good angel story!  The last story I read starring an Angel turned out to be horrible. I knew someone could do better and this totally was!  I liked that it wasn't too action packed and that it was centered in present time.  The sexual tension seemed right on for the YA market, more than Twilight, less than Vampire Academy.  Pretty much perfect.  
Stand Alone or Series: Honestly, I think Hush Hush was perfect as a stand alone.  I felt satisfied with the ending. With that said, I'm excited about the sequel. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just as  good or better than the first!

Contributor
Catalina_P
0 Kudos

Alright so my first impressions on this book is…twilight rip off…but it slowly changed my mind. I mean some of the similarities were in there, like meeting in biology class, a mysterious guy, and the whole invading thoughts thing. But it headed in a different direction as soon as Nora got into that fake car accident and then later at the amusement park(which was a really cool scene lol). I had an issue with some characters though…I don’t think Nora’s character is fully developed, I found it difficult for me to relate to. I would like a more in depth analysis of her so that I have better and clearer image of her. Her friendship with Vee reminds me a lot of a friendship I used to have (lots of memories there lol). I love Vee’s character but she seems to lack at times. Like after the sneaking a peak at school records or when she told Nora to disguise herself at the diner to get info (which were bother her ideas), Vee didn’t drill the info out of Nora like I thought she would. And Patch…he just scares the crap out of me! Lol..im glad he turned out to be the good guy but man he was scary, cocky but scary…And where was Nora’s mom?...i know she was out working but I felt that she needed to make an appearance a little more, like after thecops showed up the first time at the house (what did she have to say about that?), or at the very end(if I found my kid beat up, house half on fire, and cops…I think I deserve a good page or two to rant lol)…But overall, I did like the book. It was absolutely amazing but I’d read it again …nothing hotter then a man with a pair of wings lol (very cute ending) ^_^

…I got more to say but I’ll post later lol

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

I can't believe that anyone hated it!!! Because, seriously, this is like my new favorite book. It wasn't a traditional romance, it was a new topic, and it was sort of... (struggling for adjective here...!) ... complex, I guess.?

I don't want her to write a sequel, though. I think it ended at just the right part. It summed up enough of the plot, but left just enough for the reader to decide what happens next. It would be better without a sequel, in my opinion.

Anyway, I totally loved it. I did predict the ending, but my version was a teensy bit different. I thought Patch would catch her when she jumped, saving her life, and then become her guardian angel. But the fact that he was her angel in the end was really sweet.

:womanvery-happy:

team GALE, anyone?