Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Casting Call!

[ Edited ]

Yes, many of us have already begun putting a cast together, but here it is, our official casting thread! We can't come to the close of a good group without it. You're the director and it's up to you to fill the perfect cast for the film version of Hush Hush! Shall we also take a small unofficial vote on the sexiest Patch or the best actress for Nora's hair?

Contributor
librarydaisy
0 Kudos

Re: Casting Call!

Amanda Seyfried as Nora

Henry Cavill as Patch

Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

I like the idea of seeing Emile Hirsch playing Patch. For Nora, I think the best actresses would be Larisa Oleynik, Julia Stiles or Ellen Page.

Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Steven Strait (from The Covenant) as Patch!

-Rosa

Author
Becca-Fitzpatrick
0 Kudos

RS18 wrote:

Steven Strait (from The Covenant) as Patch!

-Rosa

Someone on another board mentioned Steven Strait.  I'd never heard of him before, but I agree - he's fantastic! 

Inspired Contributor
melisndav
0 Kudos

I like the following:

Patch - Taylor Laurent

Nora - Dakota Fanning

Vee -

Elliot -

Chauncey/Jules -

Dabria - Mischa Barton

Not sure about the ones I left blank.

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm

*sigh* As usual, there is nobody who can match my mental image. I'm just going to accept the fact that nobody's right for the part of anybody and move on.

If anybody, though, I'd want the actors/actesses to be new faces. People who nobody's heard of.

team GALE, anyone?
Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Kyle Schmid  for Patch

I can't decide on the others yet. I'll have to think about it some more.

Distinguished Correspondent
lmpmn
0 Kudos

librarydaisy wrote:

Amanda Seyfried as Nora

Henry Cavill as Patch

My daughter and I totally second Henry Cavill as Patch!  We remember him from The Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Caviezel.  He played Albert Mondego.  He's totally cute my daughter says!

Happiness is a warm blanket!
New User
superblondgirl
0 Kudos

I didn't know most of the people you guys suggested, but after some googling I'm agreeing with Ellen Page as Nora - she has that fresh-faced sort of look I imagine Nora to have - and Henry Cavill as Patch, I think he has that bad-boy hotness without being too... I guess grungy might be what I'm trying to say?  I think I mean that he could play both the angel Patch and the fallen Patch and look "right" in both parts. :smileywink:

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Henry Cavill is soooo hot! He would make a great Patch. I don't agree with Ellen Page as Nora, Ellen Page is a great actress I just can't picture her as Nora.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

nothing matches up to how i pictured patch.. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:  but i think that patch and nora should be like unknown people or whatever.. im not sure about Dakota Fanning as nora.... she is good at what she does, but i still see her as Fern, and i dont think Fern when i think of Nora.... just my opion i guess. :smileyhappy:... i never heard of julia stills [or mayb i have.. but i dont remeber] but i googled her and she sorta matches my vision of nora.. but i dont know very much about her as an actress.... :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:  but whoever plays patch needs to be beyond amazingly brilliant.... lol :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Reader-Moderator
liisa22

Facepalm wrote:

*sigh* As usual, there is nobody who can match my mental image. I'm just going to accept the fact that nobody's right for the part of anybody and move on.

If anybody, though, I'd want the actors/actesses to be new faces. People who nobody's heard of.

I totally agree.  I am always so disappointed with the actors portraying the characters, because they don't measure up to my mental image. That's why i like the books better than the movie versions.  I can't think of anyone who could match my visual of Patch, just as whoever it was that played Edward in the movie Twilight, just just disappointing. (Sorry Becca for mentioning that! lol) :smileysurprised:

I can't imagine ANYONE who could play Jamie of the Outlander series!  Now there is a man to have to live up to! 

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Author
Becca-Fitzpatrick

liisa22 wrote:

Facepalm wrote:

I totally agree.  I am always so disappointed with the actors portraying the characters, because they don't measure up to my mental image. That's why i like the books better than the movie versions.  I can't think of anyone who could match my visual of Patch, just as whoever it was that played Edward in the movie Twilight, just just disappointing. (Sorry Becca for mentioning that! lol) :smileysurprised:

I can't imagine ANYONE who could play Jamie of the Outlander series!  Now there is a man to have to live up to! 

Hee!  No worries!  I was kind of disappointed when they cast Robert Pattinson as Edward too.  Now that I see his face everywhere, it's hard to remember how I used to picture Edward!  Sigh...that's what movies do to us! :smileywink:

Okay, why on earth haven't they made OUTLANDER into a movie yet?!?  But maybe this is a good thing, because like you say, who on earth would they get to play Jamie??

Becca

Contributor
7thgradeteacher
0 Kudos

I honestly done know!  I stink at that kind of stuff.  I guess like others, I don't my image of them taken away by Hollywoods vision of them! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Vampirelover15JC
0 Kudos

I think Steven Strait(especially him) or Taylor Lautner would make a great Patch

Stupid Volvo Owner
-Bella
Running away like dying is easy its living thats hard
-The Black Stallion

Emmett is a Sexy Beast
Author
Becca-Fitzpatrick
0 Kudos

Vampirelover15JC wrote:

I think Steven Strait(especially him) or Taylor Lautner would make a great Patch

Steven Strait - oh, yes! :smileywink:

Contributor
Cp310
0 Kudos

I want unknown people to be the cast because I'm tired of the same ones over and over again.....

But Steven Strait is awesomee :smileyvery-happy:

I'm at the edge of a cliff with nowhere to go, but down
-Unknown
Correspondent
GreenFairyLV
0 Kudos

Cast from the 1990's

Nora-Keri Russell

Patch-Johnny Depp

Vee-Alyssa Milano

Contributor
ras1513
0 Kudos

Honestly I have no idea who I would pick for either Patch or Nora! My mental picture does not have a clear actor :smileysurprised: