Contributor
brittannes
0 Kudos

Re: What Book are you reading now?

@xoforbiddenfruitxo -- That book is also one of my favorites! I  hope you enjoy the second and third installments; the series gets better, if at all possible.
"The most important thing is to enjoy life - to be happy - that's all that matters." --Audrey Hepburn
Contributor
librarydaisy
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I just finished 

The Book of Everything by Guus Kaijer. It was incredible.

I am currently reading

Briar Rose by Jane Yolen.

and 

Pretty Monsters by Kelly Link.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

I just finished

Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry Series #7) 

Loved it, but definately not a YA read!!!! 

Currently reading

Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan Series #1) 

I really like this book.  Rachel is a really likable character, she reminds me a little bit of Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series), but not as unlucky.  I hope the rest of the series is as enjoyable.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Let me know when you are done with Dead Witch Walking. An in-person Barnes and Noble Mystery book club I am in choose the book. I already picked it up and planned on reading it ahead of time. It is several months out in the club selection.

pen21

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading

I really like this book.  Rachel is a really likable character, she reminds me a little bit of Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series), but not as unlucky.  I hope the rest of the series is as enjoyable.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

I just finished these two:

Surf Mules   

Under This Unbroken Sky 

Just started:

Dark Places 

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal

This is an amazing book...one of my all time favorites!!

djaq wrote:

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane 

i just started this the other night, and i absolutely love it! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: if you are enthralled with the salem witch hysteria, then this is perfect for you! the characters are fantastic, and the writing is brilliant! i am almost done, and i will be so depressed when it is over... :smileysad: this book has seriosuly grown on me, and i will definatley miss all of these great characters! haha sam is my favorite!! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: haha..  

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

I am reading the Harry Potter series out loud to my kids (ages 6 and 9).  We are halfway through The Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3).  We are loving every word!!

katemac08 wrote:
I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series.  I'm about half-way through The Goblet of Fire (book 4).

Sharon Draper
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

I Really enjoyed this book!!

Wings 

Kelsey94 wrote:

I'm reading Wings by Aprilynne Pike!

Sharon Draper
Contributor
librarydaisy
0 Kudos

Just startedGetting the Girl by Markus Zusak. I have loved everything I have ever read by him.
Contributor
brainlair
0 Kudos

The Help

I just finished listening to this book.  Wish I had the actual book because I wanted to go back and re-read parts.  Very good.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 

Reading this off and on.  Have Girl Who Played With Fire to dive into when done with this!

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~Jorge Luis Borges
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I have the sequel sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read:

The Girl Who Played with Fire  

brainlair wrote:

The Help

I just finished listening to this book.  Wish I had the actual book because I wanted to go back and re-read parts.  Very good.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 

Reading this off and on.  Have Girl Who Played With Fire to dive into when done with this!

Message Edited by Zeal on 08-09-2009 09:26 AM
Sharon Draper
pen21
0 Kudos

Where do you read?

[ Edited ]

Someone posed a question on another First Look book that I thought was a lot of fun.

The question was where do you like to read, do you have a beverage, pets with you, TV on, etc. I would like to know.

So to start I usually read on my couch in the living room. Usually with the TV on as background noise(bad habit of mine). I usually have a cup of tea. My 2 favorites are Earl Grey and Japanese Wild Cherry teas. My 2 dogs are right there with me, Bridget the Standard Poodle and Mika the Japanese Chin. I also like reading on my deck in the summer with all my usual things with me, tea and dogs.

So please join in, I would like to know where you read.

pen21

Message Edited by pen21 on 08-09-2009 01:42 PM
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Where do you read?

Good question Pen21,

For me I read wherever and whenever I can.  If I am sitting in my chair at home then the cat crawls in my lap and bats at my book till she falls asleep.  But I don't have anyone particular place.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Reader 2
Shy_Bird
0 Kudos

I read everywhere (even in the tub, bad habit I know), but my favorite places to read are out on a quilt in the sun or curled up on my couch with a warm blanket when it is raining..
Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

I read everywhere. Usually while the TV is on. I need background noise. I find if it's too quiet I get distracted easily. I almost always have a book on me so I read in my car when picking up kids, or in waiting rooms, etc.
Contributor
librarydaisy
0 Kudos

I just read somewhere that Disney acquired the movie rights to this, as  a vehicle for Miley Cyrus.
Contributor
librarydaisy
0 Kudos

Sorry that was the movie rights toWings 
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Let me know when you are done with Dead Witch Walking. An in-person Barnes and Noble Mystery book club I am in choose the book. I already picked it up and planned on reading it ahead of time. It is several months out in the club selection.

pen21

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading

I just finished reading "Dead Witch Walking" and started "The Good, The Bad and The Undead" (Book #2).  I really enjoyed DWW, enough to start the next book and look foward to finishing out the series.  I am used to reading LKH so it was a definately something different, but a good different.  I would say a cross between Stephanie Plum and Mercedes Thompson (Patricia Briggs).  The other characters are great too.  I would definately recommend this book.  I hope you enjoy.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
pen21
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I will move it to the top of my pile.

I really like Stephanie Plum. I don't know the other one you mentioned, but I will look into that one. 

pen21

angelcloud529 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

pen21

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading

I just finished reading "Dead Witch Walking" and started "The Good, The Bad and The Undead" (Book #2).  I really enjoyed DWW, enough to start the next book and look foward to finishing out the series.  I am used to reading LKH so it was a definately something different, but a good different.  I would say a cross between Stephanie Plum and Mercedes Thompson (Patricia Briggs).  The other characters are great too.  I would definately recommend this book.  I hope you enjoy.

pen21
0 Kudos

I'm glad someone else needs that background noise. I usually have the TV on too.

I do keep a book in my car or purse so I have something to read if I get a few minutes to read. It is fun to know that others do that too.

pen21

Zia01 wrote:
I read everywhere. Usually while the TV is on. I need background noise. I find if it's too quiet I get distracted easily. I almost always have a book on me so I read in my car when picking up kids, or in waiting rooms, etc.