Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Re: Where do you read?

I read usually sitting on my sofa with either a glass of water or a cup of coffee and anytime I can get a spare couple of minutes.  I'm currently reading :

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane  

Inkdeath (Inkheart Trilogy #3)  

Anna

New User
cricket926
0 Kudos

I usually read kicked back in the living room, or in bed (usually right before I fall asleep). My dogs (irish wolfhound mix and english shepherd mix) are usually close by, and my bulldog prefers to snuggle up next to me a lot of the time.

I almost always have something to drink with me, and love to have something warm, though I usually forget about it and it's cold by the time I'm done. :smileyhappy:

I can read with the TV or radio on, but prefer not to.

New User
Linda-Mai-Ellen
0 Kudos

I usually read in bed, sometimes before I take a nap, other times right before I sleep. I also read on the couch or on the subway. I haven't missed a stop yet on the transit system because I had been reading, but I'm guessing it will happen someday. When reading at home, I sometimes have coffee or tea nearby.

I don't always have music playing in the background though. I will put on my big cumbersome earphones and listen to music while reading on the subway, just to drown out the noise.

---------------------------------------------------------
Visit my book blog at bambireads.blogpsot.com
Contributor
sararhiannonm
0 Kudos

In bed, usually. If it's a really good book, I don't get much sleep.

Also, I'll read anytime I have to wait in a line, or just on my couch.

Contributor
Idothea
0 Kudos

I read just about anywhere, background noise or not. I always read in the morning with my coffee and I take my book with me everywhere, so whenever I have a chance I read.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I am a lot like you Idothea with my reading, I start as soon as I'm out of bed and carry the book with me every where (you never know when an opportunity to read will present itself) and don't put it down until I take off my glasses and go to bed.
Correspondent
GreenFairyLV
0 Kudos

I read almost every night in bed.  I also keep a different book in my purse and read whenever I am in the car waiting to pick up husband, waiting at the dmv, etc.  Currently I have Jane Eyre in my purse for emergency reading.  (my purse is huge, I can fit a full size hard cover book, crayons, wallet, multi pens, juice boxes, and a first aid kit.)
Contributor
sararhiannonm
0 Kudos

That's great! Haha That sounds just like my purse -- like a mini-pharmacy on my shoulder.
New User
sambgood
0 Kudos

I read wherever and whenever I can. But I do prefer places where I can lounge (like in a big, cushy, comfy chair) and listen to some music (instrumental or something not too loud or something that fits the story's mood).

I also carry a book everywhere, which is why I like my purses fairly big.

One of many books I'm reading:

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.

Samantha
www.sambgood.wordpress.com (writing blog)
www.bagoodread.blogspot.com (book blog)
Distinguished Correspondent
lmpmn
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I usually read sitting up in bed.  I have a huge lime green reading pillow which I stack with 2-3 more pillows.  I have my bedside table with all the essentials: tablet, pens, Coke Zero or Diet Mt. Dew, maybe a snack (popcorn or homemade chex mix; maybe even some tootsie rolls!), and I must have good lighting.  85% of the time I take notes while reading a book.  I write down the setting, all the characters names, and anything I think is interesting or have a question about.  Sometimes I even do a summary of each chapter.  This is something I've been doing ever since college.

I call my cats to come and sit by me, but whether they do or not is different every time!  I like to have a fan blowing in my room for the cool air and background noise, but I can't have the television on or music playing--too distracting.  

I think this will be a great discussion.  My daughter is going to join us, which I'm happy about.  It'll be something we can sit at the computer and do together!

Happiness is a warm blanket!
Contributor
Linnnniee
0 Kudos

I love to read on the front porch, in the glider. My dog is alway by my feet.
Contributor
Linnnniee
0 Kudos

Re: What Book are you reading now?

I just finished

Intertwined  which was very good. I thought it would be confusing. But am happy to say it was not.

My Soul to Take  I did not think I would like this book at all. But once again I was wrong. It is pretty darn good.

I am not sure what to read next. I think Demon Princess looks so cute.

Demon Princess 

Contributor
KewpieDoll
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I enjoy reading anytime, really, though those days where it's raining out are my favorites.  

As for books, anyone looking for a mash up between Enders Game, The Hunger Games, and The Uglies might like this:  

Roar  

The next book on my reading list is Tombstone Tea.  The blurb on the back makes it look pretty good!

Tombstone Tea  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Just finished this YA book, and I highly recommend it!

Deadly Little Secrets (Touch Series #1) 

Currently reading this one, and really like it too!

The Chosen One 

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am currently reading with First Lookers:

Under This Unbroken Sky

and with the Classics group:

Madame Bovary (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 

Other books to be read:

Olive Kitteridge 

Prayers for Sale 

My favorite places to read are in bed, on the sofa, on my sun-porch, anywhere comfortable. I like to have a cup of tea by my side and possibly a granola bar for an emergency snack!

Message Edited by eadieburke on 08-14-2009 12:28 AM
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well, I read on the couch, in bed, and in the tub (my mother started me on doing that since i complained about not having anywhere to be on my own without someone coming in to show me something) Sometimes I try to read outside but the sun normally hurts my eyes. I can't read in silence, I need my iPod or the television on, or if I decide to be antisocial during lunch I need the unpleasant roar of my classmates. Otherwise I start to get anxious. I'm trying to train my cat to sit on my lap while I read, but he refuses to unless he's dead tired. I usually twirl my hair when I read, but I'm trying to break that habit

Reading:

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2) 

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy  
Message Edited by Think-Im-Listening on 08-14-2009 02:44 PM
"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Zeal wrote:

Just finished this YA book, and I highly recommend it!

Deadly Little Secrets (Touch Series #1) 

Currently reading this one, and really like it too!

The Chosen One 

I have read both of these and enjoyed them both a lot. Great books!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

I can't wait to receive Hush, Hush!  I just started reading this one!

The Forest of Hands and Teeth 

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Contributor
Nikkayme
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Until I Find You by John Irving. I'm only about 150 pages in, but I like it so far. It's definitely different from what I've read recently.

Until I Find You 

I finished reading Beastly by Alex Flinn recently. It was ok, but a little too young for me. The writing style just seemed like it was geared for much younger people and being 21, I just didn't enjoy it that much. It's a good story, but I just couldn't stand the writing style.

Beastly 

Contributor
DarkFaerieAssassin
0 Kudos

I can read just about anywhere. I generally read every night before I go to bed, and on the subway to and from work everyday. When I'm reading at home I like to lounge on the couch with some pecans and acai-blueberry pomegranate vitamin water. If I'm reading on the subway I have to listen to my iPod while I read. It helps me focus on reading and drowning out the noisy New York City subway passengers. Crazy I know, but the sound of music doesn't distract me. I'm currently reading:

Meridian by Amber Kizer: Book Cover

I can't wait to read:

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain: Book Cover 

The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore: Book Cover 

The Hollow by Jessica Verday: Book Cover