Inspired Contributor
mattzay
0 Kudos

Re: Early Chapters: 1-9

I think that Vee would not have left Nora alone at the Delphic. I believe that she may have been under some kind of magical influence just like Nora was with the ride and the car accident. Vee also called Nora and shared that she looked all over for her and was worried. This is not something that would show she left Nora intentionally.

Contributor
Shannanlee
0 Kudos

1.How does Nora feel when she and Patch are paired up in Biology class? I don't think she is happy with it. I feel she does not like change well.

2.When do you notice a shift in Nora's feelings? In her mind she does not like Patch but emotionally I think she does. She is in conflict between her mind and her emotions.

3.Does she share anything in common with Patch below the surface? Yes, I think they have the same feelings on different things even though Nora swears they are very different.

4.Has Patch been following Nora? Yes and No. I think he can sense where she is. That is just a guess.

5.What do you make of Nora feeling that she can hear Patch speak directly to her mind? He knows what she is thinking and what she is going to say. It's like they are one.

6.Do you think Vee really left Nora on her own at the Delphic? No, I think Patch had something to do with but I do not know what.

7.What do you make of the two incidents that Nora has had? The first, hitting a pedestrian who gets up and attacks her when

she's driving home on a foggy night, the second, falling from the ride "The Archangel" but finding her self safe and unharmed after each event? Is Patch somehow involved?

I think it is all strange. I do think Patch may be involved but indirectly. I can't to see what more happens to her.

Distinguished Correspondent
lmpmn
0 Kudos

I am in love with the relationship so far between Patch and Nora.  It's not anything new in the literary world--boy meets girl, girl is repulsed by boy's arrogance, girl is attracted to boy because he seems dangerous.  But instead of being bored by it, somehow Becca makes it seem new.  I like the things that Nora says to herself in her mind about Patch.  I like the banter between the two of them.  One of the things that makes me want to keep reading after chapter 9 is wondering about Patch's history and the history/future of the 2 men in the prologue (I think I know who they are in the present day).

Happiness is a warm blanket!
Frequent Contributor
Readingrat
0 Kudos

I'm enjoying both the development of the relationship between Patch and Nora and all the mysterious happenings that are leading up to ... what?  I do believe that Patch is following Nora but probably more to protect her than anything else.  I also believe Vee did not leave Nora, but that Nora's not seeing Vee's car was more of the similar happenings that she has been experiencing where things are not exactly as they first appear to Nora (i.e. the pedestrian and the rollercoaster).  I bet if Patch had left alone and Nora had gone back to look for Vee's car again, she would have found it right where Vee left it.  I'm looking forward to the next set of chapters to see if this mystery clears up any.

Contributor
dk_phoenix
0 Kudos

Nora's feelings seem easily swayed, but I guess that can be chalked up to teenage hormones. It's hard not to feel flattered when a hot guy is paying attention to you, even if he seems like a bit of a jerk!

Contributor
sararhiannonm
0 Kudos

I think you're right -- I think that Vee may have been influenced by Patch at the time, probably...

Most of the book led up to the final action in the last hundred pages or less... but I didn't mind it. I enjoyed spending time with the characters.

New User
Magicgirl
0 Kudos

How does Nora feel when she and Patch are paired up in Biology class?

I think she mad about being paired up with a guy she isn't the best of friends with. Also she wants to be paired with her friend which could add to her dislike of the outcome.

New User
lizzylgm
0 Kudos

HELLO TO EVERYBODY, I AM NEW FOR HERE, I WRITE THEM FROM COLOMBIA, RECENTLY THAT I AM READING THIS BOOK AND I HAVE LOVED IT, THE BAD THING IS THAT I DON'T HAVE IT, I AM IN A FORUM WHERE THEY TRANSLATE IT AND WE IN FACT GO FOR THE I SURRENDER 9, THE TRUTH IS THAT NOT YOU THAT TO THINK DE PATCH, WE HAVE COMMENTED MUCH OF IF AT THE END, BECAUSE, IT TURNS OUT TO BE WHAT WE WAIT (THE GOOD ONE) BUT, GOOD, THAT ALONE THE HISTORY WILL TELL IT TO US, I WAS IN INTERNET ONE IT PAGINATES OF THE END OF THE HISTORY (OFFICIAL) I LIKE I, BUT IF I AM NOT BAD IT IS IN AN OPEN END, NEITHER WAY. I WILL CONTINUE THEM THE HINT TO SEE WITH WHICH THEY LEAVE.  

GREETINGS. 

PD: PARDON FOR THE GRAMMAR =)