Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! 

A Teen Reads First Look Book Club Selection

We're happy to announce that our first ever Teen First Look Selection is Becca Fitzpatrick's hush, hush.

How far are you willing to fall?

Sign up to get Fitzpatrick's fantastic tale of fallen angels a month before it's published.

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on August 3rd. The book club will be visible to the public, but only those enrolled will be able to post on the board and discuss the book with the author and other readers.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper left of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

HushHush

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives. Be sure to go to the welcome thread and introduce yourself!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on

Message Edited by PaulH on 08-10-2009 08:55 AM
Message Edited by PaulH on 08-22-2009 07:17 PM
Frequent Contributor
MomforrestMO
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

I looked for post that was to be on August 3 could find new book so how do I sign up for new teen first look ?

Thanks

Karen Watson

MomforrestMO
Contributor
ras1513
0 Kudos

lalI have never done this before and I did not know I was...

lalI have never done this before and I did not know I wasnt supposed to put extra text in is that going to disqualify me from doing a review on the book? Because I really want to review this.

Rachel

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

The first post in this thread explains the process. 

MomforrestMO wrote:

I looked for post that was to be on August 3 could find new book so how do I sign up for new teen first look ?

Thanks

Karen Watson

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: lalI have never done this before and I did not know I was...

No worries, Rachel. It'll be fine. 

ras1513 wrote:

lalI have never done this before and I did not know I wasnt supposed to put extra text in is that going to disqualify me from doing a review on the book? Because I really want to review this.

Rachel

Contributor
ras1513
0 Kudos

Ok, Thank you so much =)

Ok, Thank you so much =)
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

This may seem like an obvious question, but I just want to be sure:

If you get a message saying 'confirmed', it means that you're in the book club, right?

team GALE, anyone?
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Facepalm wrote:

This may seem like an obvious question, but I just want to be sure:

If you get a message saying 'confirmed', it means that you're in the book club, right?

That's right you're in!! 

Contributor
jaimehuff1
0 Kudos

I already have an ARC for this book, so I don't want to request it but can I still join in on the discussion?
Follow me on myblog
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Off course you can!

jaimehuff1 wrote:
I already have an ARC for this book, so I don't want to request it but can I still join in on the discussion?

Contributor
JakeBradley
0 Kudos

I'm not meaning to be extremely impatient, but I'd like to ask (I hope I didn't miss it elsewhere): When should we expect to receive our copy after being confirmed?
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Books will ship out at the end of next week.

JakeBradley wrote:
I'm not meaning to be extremely impatient, but I'd like to ask (I hope I didn't miss it elsewhere): When should we expect to receive our copy after being confirmed?

Contributor
FallingOffTheShelf
0 Kudos

O yay!  I've been really wanting to read this one, the cover is fantastic too!
Visit my blog for great reviews and giveaways!
http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com
Contributor
AnitaBlakeFan
0 Kudos

I saw this book on another site and thought it looked really interesting.  I have added it to my list of books to purchase as soon as it comes out.  I cannot wait to read it. 
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

I was wondering the same thing. I also already have an ARC (and read it) and would like to join the discussion. Do we still need to enroll to be able to participate? I've been in several of these before but I've never done it with my own book. Thanks Paul!
Frequent Contributor
learningdragon
0 Kudos

I've been away for a while, and missed this announcement. Is it too late to recieve an ARC and be included in the discussion? These are my favorite genre of books!
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

If you already have an ARC, you're more than welcome to participate. Also, REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN, so if you wish to sign up, please do!
Contributor
sararhiannonm
0 Kudos

PaulH, I just learned about the First Look Teen Book Club & registered for this. This book looks amazing!
New User
sambgood
0 Kudos

Hi Paul!

I  heard about this from Kate's book blog The Neverending Shelf and quickly signed up. I've been hearing great things about Hush, Hush and I'm excited to read it.

Samantha
www.sambgood.wordpress.com (writing blog)
www.bagoodread.blogspot.com (book blog)
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Great to hear! This is going to be a good group.

sambgood wrote:

Hi Paul!

I  heard about this from Kate's book blog The Neverending Shelf and quickly signed up. I've been hearing great things about Hush, Hush and I'm excited to read it.