Reader 2
pinkychick25
0 Kudos

Re: Patch

Describe Patch as far as we know him. 

I think Patch is dark, mysterious, very bad boy

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be?

i really like his history the way it is, but i would maybe put alittle more bad stuff in it.

Is his attraction to Nora genuine?

yes. his does not act like it at first. he does not let it show cause he want something from her. the more he is around her the more he cant seem to stay to his goal. he is intrigued by her i dont think he has come aross a person like her before

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero?

Patch is more badboy at first but because of his feeling for nora i think he ends up being a hero.

Why is Nora so drawn to him?

Patch is everything she is not, he knows a lot about her she is not sure how he knows

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel?

What does Nora suspect him of doing? following her

Inspired Contributor
melisndav
0 Kudos

Describe Patch as far as we know him.   Patch at the moment is very mysterious.  Not very open about himself but he likes to let Nora know that he is lusting after her.

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be?  That he was a transfer student that has not had a very good ride in life.

Is his attraction to Nora genuine?  Yes

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero?   Not so much a badboy, but underlying tendencies.

Why is Nora so drawn to him?  I don't think Nora completely understands herself why she is so drawn to him.  She didn't want anything to do with him in the beginning.

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? What does Nora suspect him of doing?  No, not so far.  But Nora believes that he is putting thoughts in his head.

Contributor
mroet
0 Kudos

We know Patch to be a very dark and mysterious character. He is someone that any girl would be drawn to for good or for bad given the circumstances. In terms of his past, I think that Patch is the one who comes to Chauncey, but it is hard to say where he comes from. Fitzpatrick leaves us wondering about that fact because of the way that she opens the book. If I had a guess, however to his history, Patch comes from an olden time, a time that adds to his mysterious nature and personality. I think, as the book goes on, his attraction to Nora is in fact genuine. I was skeptical about it at first because no boy is ever attracted to a girl so quickly (at least, not that I know of!)

I think I see Patch as a type of antihero. He wants to do what he must to her, but something about her makes him save her and become the hero. Patch is an antihero because he does not want to have to save her. There is something within the attention between the two of them that causes him to become the hero, even if he is perhaps both badboy and hero.

I think the fact that Nora is afraid of him draws her to him. It is the unknown. It is a cute boy giving her attention she would not normally receive from any "normal" boy that causes her to be drawn to him.

Patch causes the accident on Nora's way home and he follows her. Nora suspects that he is different, but cannot put a finger on WHY he is different.

New User
postal
0 Kudos

Patch is very secretive and mysterious.  Yet, he seems to truly care about Nora.

My guess would be that Patch has been around for a long time and seen alot change in his world.

Yes.  It seems as if he has loved Nora for a very long time.

Dark hero.

Come on.....girls are drawn to bad boys.

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? What does Nora suspect him of doing?

The roller coaster incident still has me guessing.  As well as the voice that Nora continues to hear.

Contributor
mjcwriter
0 Kudos

He is sexy, dark, mysterious, mature and secretive  - eerily resembles Edward from Twilight (sorry!)

I can't get "vampire" out of my mind, but I see that he is a fallen angel or maybe a devil spawn trying to repent his ways.

Not sure, it seems he's attracted to her, but in a teenage horny boy's way. Not too genuine, he seems amused by her, but can easily do without her.

A bad boy that would probably come through, though I find it odd that he has no friends...

Because she can't control him and he knows too much about her

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? What does Nora suspect him of doing?

I've already finished the book, but throughout he seems capable of supernatural powers and in the wrong places at the wrong times, plus he seems to read Nora's mind - or put his own thoughts there.

Mary Jo

Creative Writing Teacher for Young Adults
Blogging at:
http://writerinspired.wordpress.com
http://writelikeCRAZY.wordpress.com
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Describe Patch as far as we know him. I definitely think Patch is mysterious, slightly sexy, and kind of that quiet guy who is just very interesting. 

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be? I can agree with some people that I do like his history already and I would probably add more detail and more badness to it, I want some more excitment from his story! 

Is his attraction to Nora genuine? Um.. it is and it isnt. At first he really only wants her for himself, but is doing it for the wrong reasons. But later he is again going after her for himself, but its more of a love instead of a lust for her body.

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero?  I think he is the badboy hero. He isnt a total misfit who only does bad things, and once her realizes his feelings for Nora, that kind of turns him into a hero, yet he still has that bad boy charm. 

Why is Nora so drawn to him? I think because he is something different to her, he isnt the average high school guy and she is attracted to that. And I guess the whole badguy thing is what she likes, she doesnt want someone who is always going to give her what she wants. She likes a challenge. 

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? Kinda? I dont really know what should count as supernatural. I guess the whole thing with his wing scars and Nora was pretty cool. But there hasnt been anything super significant that was supernatural..at least not that I can remember. 

What does Nora suspect him of doing? Well I guess following her and wanting to harm her. 

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Contributor
sj9642
0 Kudos

Mysterious and cocky.

I'd liken him to Patrick Verona form 10 Things I Hate About You (the movie) and the rumors they had spreading about him.

I don't think at first, but I think he starts to change his opinion of her when she shows up at the pool hall.

Both, definitely.

It's really hard to tell at the point.  Maybe it's part of her inherent rebellious nature that attracts her to him at first - doing things to prove him wrong.

Not that we've seen or confirmed yet.  She suspects him of saving her from falling off the roller coaster and is unsure as to whether he was the person she hit and then miraculously fixed the car.

Contributor
AliceLee428
0 Kudos

Patch is tough and street-smart.  He's also handsome and sexy.  He's probably been in trouble before, maybe served some time in a juvenile detention situation.  His family is extremely disfunctional...he wants to pretend they don't exist.  Perhaps he or his family is connected in some way to Nora's father's murder.

I do believe his attraction for Nora is genuine...she makes him want to be a better person and she could just inspire him to change his life.

Patch is most definitely a bad-boy type and Nora finds him irresistable...try as she might, she can't get him off of her mind!

He did perform a supernatural feat...when he saved Nora on the roller coaster.  Nora suspects Patch of wearing the ski mask and attacking her when she was driving home in the neon.

New User
The_Obsessive_Reader
0 Kudos

Describe Patch as far as we know him. Unknown, unpredictable, arrogant, preconcieved bad boy, knows things others wouldn't

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be? Something dark and disturbing. Maybe even him once being good.

Is his attraction to Nora genuine? A physical attraction, yes but I think he doesn't actually start liking her until the story goes on.

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero? More hero though viewed as being bad boy. He has this mysterious air about him that makes everyone think hes bad but I think he is actually a big goodie two shoes.

Why is Nora so drawn to him? She's drawn to him because he's the unexpected. She's never delt with someone like him. Quoting off things normal people wouldn't. He's cocky, sexy, and mysterious. Its like she is freaked by him but at the same time attracted to him because of that.

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? The only thing supernatural he might have done was with the roller coaster. Though we do not know why yet.

Contributor
kfort78
0 Kudos

He is mysterious, dark, and sexy.  He is also sarcastic and knows how to get under Nora's skin. 

Given the description of the book I would guess that he is a fallen angel.  He definitely has a dark past and a secret that he doesn't want to reveal. 

At this point in the book I am not sure.  I think he has an attraction to her, but I don't know if his intentions are good or bad.

I think he is a badboy with definite hero potential.  Many hero's have a dark side or a dark history.  I think he is used to being the bad boy, but he feelings for Nora may make being the bad boy hard for him.

Patch has a magnetism that Nora can't escape.  He is physically attractive.  Plus, what girl doesn't like a guy with a little bit of a dark side.

Nora suspects him of getting into her mind.  It is not know right now if some of the things that are happening to Nora are because of him or if she is going crazy.

Contributor
khimair
0 Kudos

Is not a Hero, but is not a FULL BADBOY..

I love the way that the author describe it through Nora`s eyes...

I think that the book do not give much information about the feelings of Patch to know really if is a genuine attraction, but for one reason the book have this end... so i just can think that YES, is a genuine attraction...

the think that keep me reading this book is "what have patch of special ? "

Is just a bad feeling of Nora?  He is just a Boy !!! A normal Boy  !!!! (in a big part of the novel.. ) He isn't special.. he just smile and provoke to Nora..

But at the end, we know the whole truth about him.... And we can see.. He.. is a nice BadBoy...

rkubie wrote:

Contributor
peacelovevegan

Describe Patch as far as we know him: Patch is your sexy, alluring, mysterious bad boy. He's very confident and extremely sure of himself, definitely not shy or self conscious! He's motivated by his own reaons, his own motives. He's keeping a lot to himself - as with his eyes, Patch absorbs everything yet doesn't give anything back out. He's very quick thinking and likes to tease... there's more to him but at this point in time, he's keeping it very guarded.

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be? I've read the whole book but in the beginning I did believe he was a fallen angel. Obviously from the front cover and the back blurb clearly states so.

Is his attraction to Nora genuine? Yes, he may not  fully realise that in the beginning, but he's falling for her. She's not what he expected and as he gets to know her more, his feelings develop.

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero? He definitely is a badboy, displaying all the characteristics but as time goes on he does become a hero. Not your typical 'do good, save kittens from a tree' kind of hero, but he's not evil. He is willing to make sacrifices for those he cares about... I see him as a badboy hero.

Why is Nora so drawn to him? One; he's sexy. Two; his confidence is infectious. Three; He's intriguing and a mystery that is just beckoning you to come closer and begin to unravel. She's attracted to him, against her better judgement. She wants to learn more about him and uncover his secrets - he knows so much about her yet she knows nothing of his life. Fear and attraction create a magnet luring her in that she's not quite strong enough to break.

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? What does Nora suspect him of doing? Nora suspects him of being able to project thoughts into her mind. Definitely falls under the category of supernatural! She also suspects him of following her or for a more appropriate word: stalking.

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

Attractive, sarcastic, mysterious, rebellious, independent, provacative

I cannot invent anything that could come close to the richness of his true history.

Yes, but we don't know the real reason behind it. 

He, like all of us, has the potential to be either. A single action could change that. For now, I say hero.

He pays her more attention than other guys. He's smart, she's smart, but she can't figure him out. He's more complicated than most guys her age.

He could be stalking her. He could be causing the strange "accidents" (i.e. her wreck, the Archangel incident).

Contributor
LeandraMartinelli
0 Kudos

Patch is an attractive, self sufficient bad-boy.

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be?

I would say he has lived an eternity with no emotional ties; No family or true friends.

At this point I don't believe so, he seems to be mocking her most of the time.

Do you see Patch as a bad-boy type, or more as a hero?

He is definitely a bad-boy, at this point I'm not sure he has it in him to be a hero

He's every girls dream; a handsome bad-boy cloaked in mystery.

Nora suspect him of  getting into her head I believe he can and he definitely had something to do with that roller coaster incident.

Contributor
Booksx3
0 Kudos

I havent read Hush Hush yet but i read a sample  this is what i think...

Dark, Mysterious , Seductive in a bad boy way

Hmm im not sure about this one yet, well see as i start too read

I think soo even tho hes just playing around with her at first hes got that school boy think going on where you "be mean
" too the girl you like

Hes not any of them too me yet . Just Very Mysterious

Because hes something new too her, somehing unknown

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel?

Dont Know Yet

What does Nora suspect him of doing?

Following Her And Watching

Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Patch is definitly mysterious, not giving off too much info about himself. But I don't think he's a bad guy.

Well, with the info given in the prologue I would have to guess he has something to do with fallen angels, or possibly is one, but i'm not sure why he's here now and in school.

I think so, I see a spark between the two, which i'm hoping things will work out between the two, I really like them together.

More hero than badboy, but there is a little of both, I think he is kind of watching out for Nora and knows they like each other, but there is a little bad side to him, he likes to do what he wants.

I think while they are different they do have things in common and there is a huge attraction between them.

I think he has done some supernatural things, like speaking to Nora's mind, and possibly saving her from the Archangel, I'm pretty sure she knows he can speak to her mind but she's not sure how or why.

I really love Patch, while reading I can feel the connection between him and Nora, it's cute how they act around each other, i'm pretty sure they know they like each other but i'm not sure if Nora's ready to admit it. I think Patch is going to be a good person in Nora's life.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Transfer student. Acts cool, black eyes stares into space, smiles but not friendly, wears dark Levis and dark boots. Very attractive with long lean muscles, broad and relaxed shoulders, smokes cigars and is in excellent physical shape. 

I think that he has a very troubled past and a bit on the wild side. 

I think that Nora is an attractive girl and that Patch would genuinely be attracted to her. But I think there seems to be another underlying reason for the attraction to Nora that has not yet been explained. 

I see Patch as a badboy type but in my opinion I think he could be a hero if a cause warranted it. 

There is a definite physical attraction to Patch for Nora but there seems to a force that is pulling them together. 

There has been no proof so far that Patch has done anything supernatural but Nora does suspect him of following her and causing her to be able to hear his voice in her mind. She is also wondering about the car and the amusement ride incidents.

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Wordsmith
marciliogq

[ Edited ]

I see Patch as a boy who thinks himself as a sexy and attractive boy, too pretensious and with nothing of delicacy on women.

He's a kind of angel with a mission towards Nora. He came to take her anywhere, perhaps or gave her answers about an unknown past.

I don't really think he is in love with Nora. He's tough, discorteous and until this moment of my reading he's more a bad boy than a hero. Patch has perhaps mesmerized Nora, possibility which can't be cast off. Women like mysterious men. Things to decipher or be revealed are more attractive than objective ones. The more he reveals things about Nora the more she feels attracted to him. That's the connection between them. She wants to discover his secrets.

Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

MsReaderCP wrote:

A lot of people have noted that Patch is annoying.  However, Patch has noted that he cannot move to fast for Nora or she won't be ready for what he has to tell her about his past so

1.  We know Patch wants to share his past with Nora

2.  He's trying to keep Nora "into" him so she will not leave him when he tells her

3.  Based on the above, his attraction to Nora appears to be genuine.

What bothers me is doesn't he have any clue that she's in danger and why isn't he doing any thing about it.  I say this because I'm guessing that he knows that his past might bring danger with it, but he doesn't seem to be afraid of her hanging out with Eliot or being out at her farmhouse alone at night.  Unless he stalking her to protect her.... but Nora thinks the stalker tried to hurt her, not protect her.  It doesn't help that something is disturbing her recollection of events!!!

I like your observations, MsReaderCP. I haven't thought about Nora and Elliot hanging out yet. Elliot really seems not a safe company at all. Good point!

Contributor
Mariandy
0 Kudos

My disclaimer: I've only read the first 10 chapters . . . 

Describe Patch as far as we know him.  Mysterious and self confident . . . "cool" and cynical.

If you had to guess or invent a history for Patch, what would it be? He's someone who's been around a long time so is very experienced and knows human nature. Some sort of angel, fallen or guardian, not sure yet???

Is his attraction to Nora genuine? I think it is, although he may not realize it yet.

Do you see Patch as a badboy type, or more as a hero? I'm seeing both. I kinda wonder if the badboy thing is just a cover, to keep himself from being hurt or disappointed. I get the feeling he's seen a lot of that. 

Why is Nora so drawn to him? A combination of chemistry and destiny.

Has Patch done anything supernatural so far in the novel? What does Nora suspect him of doing? Well, he may have . . . certainly Nora is thinking he's putting thoughts into her head. We will have to wait and see. :-)