Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Stewies_Mom,

Not quite the oldest since I'm in my late 50's but who cares when it comes to reading good books and I'm glad that you are joining us.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Contributor
bartzturkeymom
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Sue and I'm addicted to books :smileyhappy:

I frst loved YA books before I was a YA and now I'm definitely not a YA being in my (gasp) 50's.

My son is a young adult thoug, so I feel it encumbant upon me to keep up with what is new and fresh.

I hope I get picked for this book.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. - Edith Wharton
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

[ Edited ]

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am 28 y/o.  I got started on YA novels with Harry Potter, then Twilight.  I read HP when the first novel originally came out, so I have been a long time fan.  I also love reading urban fantasy novels.  I comment a lot in the paranormal/urban fantasy book club here.  Can't get enough of them. 

I am in the Air Force and am currently stationed in S. Korea.  I am really looking forward to reading this book, it looked really interesting.  I just hope it will ship to an APO (overseas) address!!!

Nice meeting everyone.

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 08-04-2009 12:01 AM
HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I feel ssssssoooooooooooooo young compared to you guys.... :smileysad:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
Park-Avenue-Princess
0 Kudos

Hello!  I'm Amy and I live in Rhode Island! I'm pretty excited that there is finally a TEEN first look and I can't wait to read and review Hush, Hush!

I like to read, review and blog and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better and to have a great discussion!

Thanks for having me!

Amy :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Idothea
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Amy and I love to read. I’m in college, have 2 dogs and live in Washington state. I read anything fiction, I have no specific criteria and I've read many good books that I've judged by the cover art alone.

Hush, Hush looks like a good read, can’t wait to discuss.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

No problem with the shipping, Amanda. Thank you. 

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am 28 y/o.  I got started on YA novels with Harry Potter, then Twilight.  I read HP when the first novel originally came out, so I have been a long time fan.  I also love reading urban fantasy novels.  I comment a lot in the paranormal/urban fantasy book club here.  Can't get enough of them. 

I am in the Air Force and am currently stationed in S. Korea.  I am really looking forward to reading this book, it looked really interesting.  I just hope it will ship to an APO (overseas) address!!!

Nice meeting everyone.

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 08-04-2009 12:01 AM

Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Karen and as my favorite shirt says "I'm never growing up" Whether this is why I loe the YA fiction genre even though I'm in my mid 50's or it's that some of the best writers have been writing in this area. My daughter is a high school english teacher and she probably will join also if she has time.

Reader 2
Scarl3tt
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I am 25 years old. I read almost any genre of books but I seem to be drawn to YA books. Nothing is better then getting off a long day of work and curling up with my puppy and a good book. (Oh and my husband too!) I can't wait to get to know all of you and hopefuly review "Hush,Hush". It looks very promising!

~Lisa

~Lisa
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Debbie live in a small Midwestern farming community near St. Louis, MO.

I'm in my middle 50's so I'm not the oldest but close. I love reading EVERYTHING and enjoy some YA. It's so great to be in the presence of so many young people who keep the love of reading going and also having a mother and son with us. That's great. My grandson is really the one who turned me on to YA when he suggested the Eragon series, he knows I like paranormal etc.. so this novel seems to be right up my alley too.

I can't wait to talk about the book with every one.

Contributor
mroet
0 Kudos

I am Melissa and while I am not a YA - I love to read and this book sounds wonderful and I can't wait to be involved in the discussions.
Contributor
Galleysmith
0 Kudos

I'm right there with you.  I'm "upper 30's" so have no fear!
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Hey! I'm FacePalm/Jessica (There's already a Jess on here, so I dunno if that'll be confusing.). J.R._BookWorm- you are not alone in being one of the youngest on here! I'm a (young-ish) teen, but I love to read! Especially sci-fi/fantasy/horror.

Hush, Hush looks really good- I can't to read and discuss it!

team GALE, anyone?
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

I'm Marcílio, 30 years-old, from Brazil. I'm married, no children, a literature and languages professor at a university. I love cats: have two (Circe and Medea). I love reading and I've been participating of BN First Look Book Club since the third book. Now, hope I have the opportunity of being in the discussions of teens reads.
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Bonnie, and not a YA-although I have 3. I plan to send this book back to college with my daughter after I finish it. I am interested in YA fiction for young women especially since I work in the public schools, mostly with middle and high school age students and like to keep up with what they are reading/listening to.

I'm still reading my last ARC so may not be back until actual discussions start, but I am looking forward to them.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Arlette and I love to read. I read about this book in a blog and when I found out it was going to be the YA First Look pick I couldn't be more excited!
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

hi, i'm Rania and i love to read. i have 3 sisters and a brother. i'm 14 and my favorite color is lime green and aqua blue. i really hope i get into this program, the book looks really good.
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I'm Anna and one of the older folks here :smileyhappy: being in my forties.  I love to read all types of literature and am a returning college student after raising my children.  I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher concentrating in the area of literacy and reading.  Can't wait to be a part of this group and looking forward to the discussions!:smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
bartzturkeymom
0 Kudos

Yay! I got my comfirmation! I can't wait to read Hush Hush
There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. - Edith Wharton
EC
Frequent Contributor
EC
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am Ellen from Connecticut. Just sent my request in for Hush Hush. Looking forward to reading it if I made it "the cut".  Love to discuss the First Look books & see what people come up with that I didn't think of!