Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Linda-Mai-Ellen
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the warm welcome. =)

---------------------------------------------------------
Visit my book blog at bambireads.blogpsot.com
New User
sambgood
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Samantha.  I'm 19--right on the edge of teenhood.

I'm attending university, hoping to graduate with two degrees.  I want to work in the book publishing business in the future.  (Loving stories for a career--sweet deal.)  I keep two blogs: one for books and one for writing.

I've been hearing good things about Hush, Hush in the blogosphere, so I'm looking forward to reading it and discussing it with everyone.

Oh, and I have a dog.  His name is Rootbeer. =)

Samantha
www.sambgood.wordpress.com (writing blog)
www.bagoodread.blogspot.com (book blog)
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome Samantha! :smileyhappy:

Wow, you are a busy girl and I love your dog's name!

Anna

Contributor
kshipp_08
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Karen I'm 19. This is my first time doing a BN bookclub. I love reading. I am currently going to college to get my English degree, and become a writer.

I am really excited to read Hush, Hush and have heard some good things.

Contributor
BonnieJean
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Bonnie and I'm 20. I love to read and then discuss the book, but I don't have many friends or family who read as much as I do or get into it as much as I do. I hope this will help a little and I'm looking forward to it.

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Karen!

Welcome to our group!  You'll love the B&N book clubs.  This is my second First Look and I'm loving it.  Glad to have you be a part of this. :smileyhappy:

Anna

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnie.

welcome to our group.  we'll all one big happy book loving family here so you'll fit right it! :smileyhappy:

Anna

Reader 2
pinkychick25
0 Kudos

hi my name is lakitta am 28 astay at home mom of 2 a boy and girl. i love to read books like the twilight series, the vampire diaries, The immortals series. and a bunch of others. am looking forward to hush hush by becca fitzpatrick and also the book club

Contributor
Linnnniee
0 Kudos

Hi I am Linda I love all books paranormal. I have 3 cats and a very old dog. I work part time in a grocery store.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

WELCOME TO EVERYONE THAT HAS INTRODUCED THEMSELVES!

It looks like we have a wide range of ages and experience which should make for a very lively discussion.  Looking forward to sharing with all of you.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
KewpieDoll
0 Kudos

Ahh, the introduction post.  I'm Kewpie.  I'm in my mid twenties and pretty much only read YA titles!  I've worked with books for years and am trying to get published, a slow and tedious thing.  My favorite book is The Grey King, by Susan Cooper.  Twilight, Pendragon, and A Certain Slant of Light aren't far behind it!  

Going away from books, I'm a huge Doctor Who and Star Wars fangirl. This is my first bookclub.  Can't wait to see how it turns out! 

Reader
redleocat1
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

my name is Faye, i'm still in high. Luckily this year is my last year! 2010 YAY!

I love 2 read, listen 2 music, and hang out with my peeps.

ttyl :smileytongue:

Reader
CRDWLLG
0 Kudos

I'm Kara and I love YA books and some adult books (sometimes). I have a blog where I review and talk about different books - www.readingcoma.blogspot.com as well as an entertainment blog - www.allthingspertaining.com

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Lakitta:

Welcome to our group!  I loved the Twilight series which I read last summer. 

Anna

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Linda!

welcome to our group; glad you're a part of our little reading world! :smileyhappy:

Anna

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Kewpie:

Welcome to our group.  This is my second First Look B&N book club and I love them as I'm sure you will as well!! :smileyhappy:

Anna

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Faye!

Welcome to our group and congrats on being a senior this year!!  That's a proud accomplishment and best of luck with your studies.  Glad you're part of our reading group. :smileyhappy:

Anna

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Kara:

Welcome to our group. :smileyhappy:

Anna

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'd like to ditto Toni's (Nelsmom) welcome to everyone.

And to all you newbies out there to First Look I guarantee you will love it here. I've have been lucky enough to be involved with all of them from the first. It's such a great way to discover new authors and even more important new friends among the participants. And I'm also glad that there is such a wide variety of us to talk about this book. 

So just don't let this be the last time you participate.

Can't wait to start the discussion. 

Message Edited by dhaupt on 08-12-2009 09:44 AM
Correspondent
bibanon1
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I have worked in the book field for ten years and recently I have had more requests for Young Adult Reader Advisory. I have been looking for some good Young Adult titles so I am excited to read this one!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blogging about books and life since 2003.
http://lifebycandlelight.blogspot.com