Contributor
EvaAmlia

Re: Bees and Mist

I am a huge fan of books with a magical/supernatural element. I don't believe that this book was as supernatural as it appears to be on the surface. The most obvious supernatural elements would be the bees and the mist. I believe that the bees were actually mean/ harsh words and simply wishing ill will upon another. I think the mist is actually just a wall that someone builds in between himself/herself and others to keep himself/herself from being hurt.

What I did have some trouble understanding were the other supernatural elements in the book. I didn't quite understand Permony's vision of her husband as an animal violating young women. I can't seem to think of an rational explanation for this.

I do believe that we all have both bees and mist. The question is more whether or not we choose to use them. We all have the potential to say hurtful/harsh things. At some point we have all thought hurtful things. We don't all choose to manifest these thoughts. I think the same thing about the mists. I believe that everyone builds walls for self perservation. Yet, some of us are more secretive and defensive than others. 

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Deltadawn and PiperMurphy

Thanks at all! Piper, I'm finally back! WOW!I wrote about this ambiguous characteristics of bees in previous posts. You told Eve had an evil spirit. Don't you think we could relate  poisonous and non-poisonous monarch butterflies to Eve and Meridia respectively?

Distinguished Correspondent
PiperMurphy
0 Kudos

marciliogq wrote:

Deltadawn and PiperMurphy

Thanks at all! Piper, I'm finally back! WOW!I wrote about this ambiguous characteristics of bees in previous posts. You told Eve had an evil spirit. Don't you think we could relate  poisonous and non-poisonous monarch butterflies to Eve and Meridia respectively?

Marcilio, I'm going to have to think about that one. I hadn't thought about butterflies, but they do fit the ethereal nature of the setting. I can see Meridia as a butterfly. How would you describe them?

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
~Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus~