Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Re: Casting Call!

eadieburke i think your casting call is simply brillant!!!! very good choices and I love that they are all Latin....good job!
Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Im surprised that no one mentioned Glenn Close being played by Ravenna....I think she would be perfect for that role.... 

Here are my other choices: 

• Meridia:Rachel Adams (the notebook)
  • Daniel:Ryan Gosling
  • Eva: I do agree that Kathy Bates would be fabulous in this role
  • Elias: I'm stuck on this one…
  • Gabriel: Christian Bale
  • Patina: Oprah Winfrey or Kimberly Elise or Cicely Tyson (for some reason Patina to me reminded me of one of the roles in The Color Purple and i think these ladies would be perfect for this role)
  • Pilar: Sophie Okonedo (the wife in Hotel Rwanda)
  • Noah: Jonathan Lipnicki (he played the little boy Ray with the glasses in Jerry McGuire) 
  • Permony: Scarlett Johannsen (for the younger version of Permony it would have to be Elle Fanning, Dakota’s sister who now is an actress)
  • Malin: Christina Ricci ( iagree with someone else that said that and as a younger version of Malin would have to be Dakota Fanning)
  • Samuel - Tom Hanks
  • Hannah - Anne Hathaway 
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Ok, without going back through the posts to find these....did you by chance mean they are all Latino? instead of Latin? lol hehe, yeahhh lets do the movie in Latin! And you thought the metaphors were hard to understand! lolol. Just saw that and had to giggle, but a nice giggle, all in fun. :smileywink: I do like that tho lol.

dclement04 wrote:
eadieburke i think your casting call is simply brillant!!!! very good choices and I love that they are all Latin....good job!

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

Funny enough I also pictured either Meryl Streep or Shirley MacLaine for the role of Eva. It seems like a few other people had the same mind set.

Rabid_Reader

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dclement04 wrote:

Thanks dclement04!

The characters do seem of Spanish (Latin) descent to me.

vivico1:

I think Spanish language instead of Latin would be a little bit easier to translate!

Message Edited by eadieburke on 07-01-2009 09:21 AM
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

While reading through the casting call posts and picturing each setting that people have suggested, I envisioned such strickingly different movies based on each of the settings and casts. I really like the idea of Spain. This was really enjoyable, thanks to all of you who put so much time and thought into your ideas. 
Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Bono should write the soundtrack. Wouldn't just about any renaissance park be a great location for the movie? Just as there needs to be a lot of color in the "environment" there should also be a great deal of color in the actors.
Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Contributor
dk_phoenix
0 Kudos

I pictured a very rural, slightly Middle-Eastern style town (like a British settlement in the Middle East)... probably this came from the descriptions of the marketplace. I can picture Lena Headey as the adult Meridia, but I'm not sure about Eva or Ravenna... they'd have to be very severe, very commanding women... I have a hard time picturing anyone I can think of immediately in these roles. Perhaps Keri Russel as the adult Hannah as well...
Contributor
lauren812
0 Kudos

I've enjoyed reading everyone's great ideas! How about Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) as Meridia?

Inspired Contributor
mattzay
0 Kudos

I agree with most of the casting that is suggested. I do think that Antonio Banderas is a little too old for Daniel. What about Keanu Reeves or Brad Pitt. Maybe even Hugh Jackman. I also think I agree with people who said someone like Meryl Streep or Kathy Bates should play Eva.
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

I pick Hugh!!!:smileywink: (nothing new!!!)
ponie
Contributor
dleigh
0 Kudos

I have been so looking foward to this post!!! I can only think of some of the women - really can't seem to choose the men.

Meridia - Natalie Portman or Christina Ricci

Ravenna - Demi Moore

Eva - Sally Field

Permony - Reese WItherspoon

Malin - Malin Ackermon

Pilar - Susan Sarandon

I also think this movie should be set in a small town in England or in the deep south (Savannah anyone - the homes and feeling of mysticism is perfect in Savannah. It is a town where anything feels possible).

DH
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Huh. I hadn't actually entertained the idea if an American setting. I like Savannah though or New Orleans!

dleigh wrote:

I have been so looking foward to this post!!! I can only think of some of the women - really can't seem to choose the men.

Meridia - Natalie Portman or Christina Ricci

Ravenna - Demi Moore

Eva - Sally Field

Permony - Reese WItherspoon

Malin - Malin Ackermon

Pilar - Susan Sarandon

I also think this movie should be set in a small town in England or in the deep south (Savannah anyone - the homes and feeling of mysticism is perfect in Savannah. It is a town where anything feels possible).

Contributor
annemd
0 Kudos

I love this question, and I LOVED this book.

I am picking it for my Sept. book club pick.

I would cast as follows:

Meridia - Scarlett Johansson

Daniel - James Murray

Ravenna - Meryl Streep

Gabriel - Daniel Day Lewis

Eva - Angelina Jolie

Elias - George Clooney

Malin - Keira Lnightley

Jonathan -Adrian Grenier

Permony - Claire Danes

Ahab - Kiefer Sutherland

Samuel - Robert De Niro