Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Erick on Eva, Escapism, and More

Watch Erick elaborate on many of the topics touched upon here.

Thanks again for everything, Erick!
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Erick on Eva, Escapism, and More

It was nice to hear Erick not just read his words! I enjoyed the music and bee in the background. <grin> Thank you, Erick for your time, and thank you, Paul for posting this.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
JerseyAngel

That was wonderful to actually see & hear Erick! I loved the story behind the bees also. Thank you for sharing that Paul!
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Thank you for the video. It was nice to hear Erick's voice and yes, the story did make me thankful for my family.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I had to laugh when he told how the bees came about with the story about his dad's friend. It makes me see it so much more clearly now. Thanks Erick for that insight.
Author
Erick_Setiawan

Having never watched myself on tape before, I have to say that this is completely cringe-worthy.  I couldn't watch past the first five seconds.  If it's good, I'll take your word for it.  If it's bad, I don't want to hear about it.

And it's true what they say: the camera adds ten pounds!

Erick Setiawan

For more information, please visit www.ofbeesandmist.com. Click here for Facebook.
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Paul,

Thank you for posting this video.  It really brought home what Erick was thinking as well as brought everything together.    Let me echo my Thanks to Erick.  

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Erik,

It was a WONDERFUL video!  That bit of information added so much to the book!  It was well worth what you had to say.  I am delighted to know how Eva "won her bees".  The character just would not have been the same without them.  I would like for you to know how much I enjoyed the book ~ and that I will be recommending it to all my friends!

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your debut!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

It won't play for me. :smileysad:

Inspired Contributor
LISA-BRYAN
0 Kudos

Erick--

It was lovely to read your words and just as lovely to hear your talk -- don't worry about the video --- you have nothing to worry about -- since you will be have a best-seller soon:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks again for a wonderful story and the unique opportunity to discuss it with others - including yourself.

Erick_Setiawan wrote:

Having never watched myself on tape before, I have to say that this is completely cringe-worthy.  I couldn't watch past the first five seconds.  If it's good, I'll take your word for it.  If it's bad, I don't want to hear about it.

Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Erick_Setiawan wrote:

It's good!!!

Thanks for submitting to the video process.

ponie
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

The video of Erick was great! I agree that it was so nice to hear him speak as well as read his words!

Thanks for posting it!

Inspired Contributor
pode
0 Kudos

I've thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It led me to a different way of thinking about conflicts in my life.  The "bees" particularly struck home.  Thanks for sharing the source of the "bees".

The dialogue with the Erick enhanced my enjoyment as I've mentioned before. 

Now a video with a real person!  Being a very shy person myself, I understand.  I applaud Erick's bravery in doing the video and letting us see yet another dimension of himself!

Pode

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
â Henry Ward Beecher
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Thanks for the video Paul.  It was nice to hear Erick talk about the book and the origin of "the bees". 
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
RJH
Contributor
RJH
0 Kudos

What a great video! Thank you to everyone who made it possible.  The sound of bees really makes sense to me and helps gain deeper understanding of the story.
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

what a great video! Paul thank you for posting it, and Erick thank you for taking the time to make the video in the first place. It was so nice to be able to hear and see Erick talk about the book himself :smileyhappy:

Rabid_Reader

Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

This added a personal touch! Thanks! The explaination of the bees is exactly how I thought of them.