Contributor
dk_phoenix
0 Kudos

Re: Family Lives

Perhaps it was a love story in the sense that the relationships were tied together out of love... though in other cases it was out of necessity. In some parts we saw how strong the power of love could be, and in other cases we saw how tragic life becomes when that bond of love is broken and shattered... or when one half loves and the other doesn't reciprocate. Love is tragic, and there was a fair share of tragedy in this tale. It wasn't a romance by any stretch, but I think love was a central figure in many ways. Love is magical, devastating, cruel, tender, heartbreaking, heartwarming, tragic, and fierce. I think we saw all of this within the story.
Inspired Contributor
mattzay

I wonder if all the relationships in this book struggle because of their failure to communicate. Ravenna and Gabriel did not communicate so the mists and his mistress appeared. Eva feels so rejected that Elias does not appear to communicate with her that she lashes out and hurts Permony because of it. Even Daniel and Meridia have trouble communicating all that is going on in their lives at first. When they do seem to communicate is when you see good things happen to them.

Even characters not romantically involved struggle with communication. Meridia and Ravenna and Gabriel never talk about what really happened so Meridia lives a life of seclusion and loneliness. Eva is so busy hiding who she really is that she does not share what she truly wants or thinks. Even Patina and Pilar have their secrets. Everyone in this book appears to fail to communicate and be honest. No wonder there is so much trouble and heartache.

Inspired Contributor
mattzay
0 Kudos

I have hope that Daniel and Meridia will rebuild their life together and find happiness. I think it could only happen when they took a good look at who they were and what they really wanted out of life. Daniel needed to get away from the pull that his mother had on him.
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

mattzay wrote:

I wonder if all the relationships in this book struggle because of their failure to communicate. Ravenna and Gabriel did not communicate so the mists and his mistress appeared. Eva feels so rejected that Elias does not appear to communicate with her that she lashes out and hurts Permony because of it. Even Daniel and Meridia have trouble communicating all that is going on in their lives at first. When they do seem to communicate is when you see good things happen to them.

Even characters not romantically involved struggle with communication. Meridia and Ravenna and Gabriel never talk about what really happened so Meridia lives a life of seclusion and loneliness. Eva is so busy hiding who she really is that she does not share what she truly wants or thinks. Even Patina and Pilar have their secrets. Everyone in this book appears to fail to communicate and be honest. No wonder there is so much trouble and heartache.

These are good comments.  I think part of my frustration with the book was the lack of communication between characters.  I thought Eva's character was over done. 

MG