Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.

We're happy to announce that our next First Look selection is Of Bees & Mist, a novel by Erick Setiawan.

This richly atmospheric debut is a beautiful, engrossing fable of three generations of women in two families; their destructive jealousies, their loves and losses, their sacrifices and deeply rooted deceptions, and their triumphs. Setiawan will join our discussion in June, months before the book will be published!

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on June 1st. The book club will be visible to the public, but only those enrolled will be able to post on the board and discuss the book with the author and other readers.

While we are happy to share this free book with you, the best way to ensure that we can continue offering this program to readers is for every recipient to come back and participate in the discussion. If you cannot find the time for the discussion that will be conducted from June 1st to June 26th, please do not submit a request.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper left of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

BeesMistReg

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives. Once you get your confirmation, be sure to go to the welcome thread and introduce yourself!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Message Edited by PaulH on 05-12-2009 09:08 AM
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

Paul,

My pm sent itself before I could finish writing all my information, so I sent another one. Just wanted to let you know in case you got two from me.

April
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

aprilh wrote:

Paul,

My pm sent itself before I could finish writing all my information, so I sent another one. Just wanted to let you know in case you got two from me.

Those darn PMs can have a mind of their own sometimes!!!!  I hate that!!!!
ponie
Paul_Hochman

No worries, april. I'll just take away ponie's copy and send you two:smileyvery-happy:

JUST KIDDING, PONIE!!!

aprilh wrote:

Paul,

Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Paul,

I just have a question about the registration. Are things a little different this time? Usually when I try to register I am taken directly to the PM window and the address and subject are already filled in. This time I had to do that myself and I was wondering if that was correct or has the quota already been filled? I'm probably just obsessing and I apologize in advance.      Thanks! PB684:smileyhappy:

P.S. I posted this question on the thread entitled "Stay Tuned..." but copied it here because I think that may have been the wrong place to ask...sorry if you see it twice.

Message Edited by PB684 on 04-30-2009 06:18 PM
PB684
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Paul just likes to keep us on our toes..he is in Charge Of keeping Us Sharp  I couldn't at first sign in..Now I did,so Happy,Happy...Send ponie 2 one for here car and one for her home....Would also like all to peek into "A little Good News" thread that EMan started on the Current Events board..its very folksy and sweet..Thanks  Vtc 
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing... wondering if i did it right since the last time the link opened the window for me.

Looking forward to reading the book. I Ordered Dan Browns book which isn't due til September and I need some good reads for in between.

PB684 wrote:

Hi Paul,

I just have a question about the registration. Are things a little different this time? Usually when I try to register I am taken directly to the PM window and the address and subject are already filled in. This time I had to do that myself and I was wondering if that was correct or has the quota already been filled? I'm probably just obsessing and I apologize in advance.      Thanks! PB684:smileyhappy:

P.S. I posted this question on the thread entitled "Stay Tuned..." but copied it here because I think that may have been the wrong place to ask...sorry if you see it twice.

Message Edited by PB684 on 04-30-2009 06:18 PM

Thayer
0 Kudos

And so it begins! Wonder when confirmations will go out?  :smileyvery-happy:
~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Paul,

I had the same problem as AprilH. My pm sent itself. I suppose you will find two from me as well.

Thanks!!!

ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

I had the same problem as well. Does this mean that Ponie will get a box of the book?  Goodness, she will be very busy reading and posting!!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Okay, Paul, I have been a bad, bad, bad, bad girl!!:smileysad:  My daughter is at school in Nashville, TN (at Belmont College) and she asked me to register her so she could get on board for this wonderful ride! :smileywink: If she gets her confirmation, this will be her first First Look, but we both had to use my email - sign-in until she gets back home next week and can register!

I hope this will be okay and won't knock me out. I don't think I could stand not participating in this!!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

No worries, april. I'll just take away ponie's copy and send you two:smileyvery-happy:

JUST KIDDING, PONIE!!!

aprilh wrote:

Paul,

smileysurprised:  WHAT????? 

Oh! you are just kidding?????:smileytongue:

OK! you are allowed!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

...as long as I get a book!!!   :smileywink:

ponie
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
Paul just likes to keep us on our toes..he is in Charge Of keeping Us Sharp  I couldn't at first sign in..Now I did,so Happy,Happy...Send ponie 2 one for here car and one for her home....Would also like all to peek into "A little Good News" thread that EMan started on the Current Events board..its very folksy and sweet..Thanks  Vtc 

Thanks VTC for looking out for me!!!!!  I like your plan!!!!:smileyvery-happy:
ponie
Wordsmith
ponie

ClaudiaLuce wrote:

I had the same problem as well. Does this mean that Ponie will get a box of the book?  Goodness, she will be very busy reading and posting!!

Claudia

One for upstairs, one for downstairs, one for the car, one for the other car, one for the office, one for the cabin, one for pode in case she doesn't get hers (and not to stir up old wounds and beat a dead horse here as well but she did get her copy of TPBODD 3 days BEFORE I got mine and I signed up waaaay BEFORE she did!!! But I think I need to give that a rest!!!!), one for the ipod, one for the kindle...hey wait a minute, I don't have a kindle!!!! 

No, really, one copy will do me just dandy.:smileyvery-happy:

ponie
gl
gl
0 Kudos

Sent my message twice

[ Edited ]

Paul,

I ended up sending two messages by mistake. I was too excited and hadn't included my phone number the first time, but I sent all the info in the second message. 

This book sounds really interesting and I'm excited to this novel by an Asian author.:smileyhappy:

Thank you!

GL

Message Edited by gl on 04-30-2009 11:44 PM
Frequent Contributor
nikki824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by PaulH on 05-01-2009 08:07 AM
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: sign up for bees and mist

Nichole,

You need to send a PM. Don't put you information here. Thanks.

P.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome Ponie..If I ever need a book published,I will PM you..you are so good in getting all of your Buddies and Newbies posts out there..'MN GAL  PONIE' receives award for TV show"Getting The Word Out"  Reality Show...Ch 001894  Sat..1:smileytongue:m geared towards ages 3 to 90  Vtc
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I have a question as well.I have a Gold Envelope.. but its empty..should I just check back,maybe its loading..Also the First Look Page is so streamlined.and clean..Love the New Look..Vtc
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
Welcome Ponie..If I ever need a book published,I will PM you..you are so good in getting all of your Buddies and Newbies posts out there..'MN GAL  PONIE' receives award for TV show"Getting The Word Out"  Reality Show...Ch 001894  Sat..1:smileytongue:m geared towards ages 3 to 90  Vtc

Ha! you are funny!!!:smileyvery-happy:

I have told a few guys as well...it'll be interesting to see if they sign up.

Again, it's good to have you with us. 

ponie