Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
januttall

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Hey Claudia,

Did you know you're review for TPBODD is on the book site?  I was so excited to see it there on the Praise page!

Julie

Scribe
vivico1

Hugh is good, but I will put Clive Owen up against him anytime. :smileywink:

ClaudiaLuce wrote:

Jersey Angel,

I agree, Ponie is in charge of the Hugh Jackman assignment!!

Claudia

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Correspondent
JerseyAngel
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

He definately will have my vote for anything!
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ClaudiaLuce wrote:

Hi Rachel,

You left out our extra fun forum - the casting call - if the novel fits we have to do it! We had too much fun last time!!:smileyvery-happy:

Claudia

I know! We may have to put up a "casting call" at the end for Bees and Mist as well. Who can resist casting a good book?

Happy Mothers' Day, everyone!

Message Edited by rkubie on 05-10-2009 02:10 AM
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I'll vote for Clive Owen.

vivico1 wrote:

ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Julie,

NO! I didn't! Do you know how excited that makes me!! WOW!! Thank you so much for telling me.  I feel SOOOOOOO special now!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Frequent Contributor
MomforrestMO
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm looking forward to the new book. Hoping for very fast flying pigeons.

This will be my second and I really loved the last one  and have recommended it to several friends and family members. Paul, you do a great job -- kudos

MomforrestMO
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

ClaudiaLuce wrote:

Jersey Angel,

I agree, Ponie is in charge of the Hugh Jackman assignment!!

Claudia

OK Vivico1, you take Clive, I'll take Hugh...bet we can find something for both of them to do!!!!!:smileywink:

ponie
Wordsmith
ponie

http://www.ofbeesandmist.com/index.html

Hey! Check it out....

if you have been checking, there's more than there was before but there is more coming soon!!!

ponie
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Registration officially closes tomorrow, May 12th, at 9:00 a.m. EST.

If for some strange reason you're reading this post and haven't registered yet, time's a ticking...

JerseyAngel
0 Kudos

ponie wrote:

Hey! Check it out....

if you have been checking, there's more than there was before but there is more coming soon!!!

Thanks Ponie! Glad to see they posted a more in depth bio of the writer. He was born the same year as myself. I find it fascinating that he had the courage, adventure & ambition to move to another country at 16 and then go after such a strong education. I am even happier now to be reading Of Bees & Mist to share in his dream!
Paul_Hochman

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

Hi All,

We're no longer accepting registrations and the final partcipants list will be forwarded to our warehouse later today. Shipping to commence thereafter!

Best, 

Paul

Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

ponie wrote:

Hey! Check it out....

Check out the "soundtrack" (http://www.ofbeesandmist.com/index.html) - very intriguing!  Can't wait to see the multimedia page...I'll keep checking!

ponie
Correspondent
bibanon1
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Thayer, Thayer, Thayer....

Please see januttall's post directly above yours r.e. "FLers breathing down (my) neck"....

KIDDING!

There's still more confirmations in the kicker, so we're looking at the first part of next week to commence shipping.

No worries though, as I said before, your patience will be rewarded with one of our best selections yet!

And I may (no promises here!) throw in a surprise twist or two before your ARCS arrive...

P.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A surprise twist!!!  Or two!!!!  This is getting really exciting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blogging about books and life since 2003.
http://lifebycandlelight.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Wow! I had no idea so much funny chatting/posting occurred before the book even arrives! :-) I'll have to pay more attention and get involved earlier.

Thank you for all of the info.  I'll start looking for the UPS truck later in the week.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Wow! I had no idea so much funny chatting/posting occurred before the book even arrives! :-) I'll have to pay more attention and get involved earlier.

Thank you for all of the info.  I'll start looking for the UPS truck later in the week.

Hey! Mommy-Read-Write!  It's the way we pass the time (most of us with baited breath and some of us with high angst bordering on obsession) and distract ourselves waiting for confirmations and the little brown truck!!!:smileyhappy:
ponie
Frequent Contributor
candeny6
0 Kudos

My husband thinks I'm ridiculous jumping out of my seat every time I think I hear the UPS truck...
Candi
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

UPS Truck

Here in Brazil we can't see the UPS truck where I live. It's another way of delivery. UPS is the responsible but there's a third that comes and brings the book for me. My celebration is when I see the white van which is my methaphorical UPS brown truck LOL
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to see news about the book. I loved the website but I still think the atmosphere of the book should be more represented including other elements on it,no only the song. Perhaps multimedia or video can fill the gap.
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

candeny6 wrote:
My husband thinks I'm ridiculous jumping out of my seat every time I think I hear the UPS truck...

Yes! Candi...

We...

jump out of chairs, 

race to windows,

stop conversations mid sentence to "listen",

look out the front door to check and recheck and recheck for packages,

drive home during lunch to check for packages,

call neighbors to ask them if UPS dropped anything off for us with them and if not would they please run over and check for any possible UPS deliveries at our house, 

worry that the numbers on the house or mail box are so faded they are unreadable, 

can become quite convinced the UPS person has left our ARC with someone else by mistake,

wonder aloud if UPS has gone on strike,

think that Paul may have lost our address,

fear there was a mistake at the warehouse

...all while we wait for the little brown truck.

It's called The B&N-FL-ARC-UPS Phenomenon!!!

(Assure your husband you will be OK soon.)

ponie