Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Nothing in North Georgia, either.  I had a package from Barnes & Noble, but it wasn't "THE BOOK".  Boo Hoo.  Maybe, Monday!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

AMoriarty wrote:
The book has made it to Massachusetts!

And to New Jersey as well!  Jo

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

My PO Box is actually in Buffalo.  So, I think I'll wait to Monday (it's about an hour away, so if it's not there, it's a bit of a wasted trip).

Cheers,

Amanda

Vermontcozy wrote:

I live in Vt checked my PO Box yesterday ,not yet it was around 1pm

Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
No book in Seacoast, NH.
Message Edited by gosox on 05-16-2009 02:13 PM
Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

I got my book yesterday and Im in NJ...it came right the warehouse in Monroe, NJ....you should have it soon

im in New brunswick

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

oh yes! i got my book yesterday and i started reading it...this is going to be REALLY good!!

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

does anyone know where we will find the reading schedule once its posted?

how do we know what part to read

this is my first FL book sorry!

Distinguished Correspondent
biljounc63
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The schedule is already up you can find it here just scroll down the page a bit to see it. It's on page one of this thread. 

Message Edited by biljounc63 on 05-16-2009 06:47 PM
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

PB684 wrote:

jabrkeKB wrote:

Came home from work to find a brown package propped against my garage door.

Yeah!!! It is my book, I'm so excited!!:smileyvery-happy:

Got mine too!! PB684:smileyhappy:

Mine arrived Friday too!!  Yipee!!
"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Inspired Contributor
gringorn

Yes! Yes! Yes!  I agree with vivico1 and several other readers that the community thread is the correct place for talking about general aspects of the book we are reading at that time, and the "chatty" kind of things we tend to get into. Sometimes, I have to go several days in between catching up on things on this site and there are dozens and dozens to wade through.  I have to admit, sometimes there have been so many and I have had such a hard time looking for announcement updates that I actually have given up and not finished looking through the older posts.

The Announcement News and Schedule thread does very often get plugged up with the chatter and makes it hard sometimes to pick out the actual announcements.  I think for alot of us, using threads and following online discussions is fairly new to us so we forget to look for and post to the proper thread.

Here's to learning new skills together and finding a great read with each new ARC we particpate in!! 

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hey to all!

My book arrived this AM in Central Va. so hope some more also received theirs. Haven't gotten a chance to even open it yet. Can't wait!

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Yahoooo! my book came today. I can't start it yet, but I hope to start reading tomorrow. It looks like a great story.

can't wait!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

My Book Arrived In Vermont...started it of course..now I will live in the book..(a can't but the book down,moment.this will last till the end).Thanks to all for introducing us to Erick.And Erick for sharing his world with us,there is a reason for this book to come into my life(I never say that lightly),..Enjoy..Vtc  w/cup of tea and bergamot/sage candle. I bought it just for the book..Reading to schedule,and filling in with a few other lighter reads.....Very Pretty Cover...
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

sylvia387 wrote:

Well, I just found out that the California Carrier Pidgeon was attacked by a hungry crow who had heard a rumor about "bookworms" and mistook the parcel for fast food. The Carrier Pidgeon lost a few feathers, but held on tightly to "Of Bees and Mist."  Now I hope he didn't lose his sense of direction and will show up on my front porch soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhoh Ponie...I think I see some competition in the "wit" department.

This is Hilarious.

No competition!  We are ALL in this together!!!:smileyhappy:
ponie
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Its here!!!  My book arrived today!  WooHoo, ready to start reading. 
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

book has not arrived yet.

UPS 18 wheeler in town collided with another truck and both caught on fire.  Fortunately no one was seriously injured. Can't help but wonder if my book was on that truck.

http://www.krgv.com/mostpopular/story/Eastbound-Nolana-Closed-Near-Jackson-Rd/dtBvvvpX8UCvjRY_1uuq5Q...

Contributor
Periabd1
0 Kudos

I'm feeling triumphant (ok, really just lucky)-- my book arrived today!  I'm off to dive in.  Wishing you all a speedy UPS delivery.
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

MissShopaholic wrote:

UPS 18 wheeler in town collided with another truck and both caught on fire.  Fortunately no one was seriously injured. Can't help but wonder if my book was on that truck.

http://www.krgv.com/mostpopular/story/Eastbound-Nolana-Closed-Near-Jackson-Rd/dtBvvvpX8UCvjRY_1uuq5Q...

How far is Pharr?  :smileywink:
ponie
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

ponie wrote:

MissShopaholic wrote:

How far is Pharr?  :smileywink:

LOL! I use to have that argument with my dad all the time when i was young and... he was born there.  Jackson rd. separates pharr from mcallen so pharr isn't far at all. unless you know about the jackson road invisibile line, one can't tell that they've actually crossed into a different city.
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

MissShopaholic wrote:

Hey!MissShopaholic!  I just found Pharr.  It's near McAllen.  Years ago my daughter's nursery school teacher and her husband moved to McAllen TX to work with HCJB/World Radio Network.  Looks like that is near you.

And I am very much hoping your ARC was not on board that truck.  They are still delivering heavily on the East Coast...not to the Midwest yet or so it seems.  I'm in MN and I have not received mine yet.  Soon and very soon.....we shall see at the end of our driveways the long awaited UPS truck bearing our ARC.  Hang in there.

ponie