Reply
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Can we please move the chat, about anything, including who has the book and who doesnt, over to the community room please?? Several of us have asked now if we could keep this thread for "news, schedules, and updates" from the moderator so we can just keep up on those aspects of what we need to know?? We have asked nicely and do so again. That is what the community room is for, so lets take it there and have fun and leave this for business, please please please?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Contributor
pode
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎01-30-2009

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates


vivico1 wrote:
Can we please move the chat, about anything, including who has the book and who doesnt, over to the community room please?? Several of us have asked now if we could keep this thread for "news, schedules, and updates" from the moderator so we can just keep up on those aspects of what we need to know?? We have asked nicely and do so again. That is what the community room is for, so lets take it there and have fun and leave this for business, please please please?

 

I second this.  Sometimes I don't have time to read through all the fun and interesting posts in the Community Room and just want to know if there's any news or schedule changes.  It would be easier if this thread were "clean".

 

pode

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
â Henry Ward Beecher
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

I agree. This should be a place to find out the BN news.

I saw that one person didn't know that they had closed request for books.

I am sure that announcement was in here somewhere.

pen21

 


pode wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
Can we please move the chat, about anything, including who has the book and who doesnt, over to the community room please?? Several of us have asked now if we could keep this thread for "news, schedules, and updates" from the moderator so we can just keep up on those aspects of what we need to know?? We have asked nicely and do so again. That is what the community room is for, so lets take it there and have fun and leave this for business, please please please?

I second this.  Sometimes I don't have time to read through all the fun and interesting posts in the Community Room and just want to know if there's any news or schedule changes.  It would be easier if this thread were "clean".

 

pode


 

 
Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

My book arrived today - Tuesday - in

Dallas.  Thanks!  It is marked and ready

to start!!

Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Oops - didn't know this wasn't the place to thank you for the book. 
Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
Posts: 133
Registered: ‎01-31-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Thank you, Paul, for my GPS equipped, NYC native carrier pigeon!  He arrived at my house sometime Monday, because when I arrived home from school there was a little brown package waiting for me on my front porch.  I looked everywhere for that poor little bird who had flown such a LONG way, with such a heavy load so I could feed him before he returned home (to pick up the NEXT selection), but he was no where to be found.  Please feed him well when he arrives.  I want to continue getting First Look Books!!  Thank you.

 

Claudia

 

P.S.  Thank you for the locked discussion thread for news and updates.  You have satisfied everyone on the boards, I do believe.  Praises come your way! Now, how am I supposed to address that letter to your boss?

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
Posts: 2,801
Registered: ‎03-23-2007
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Just glad to hear the books are arriving safe and sound.

 


ClaudiaLuce wrote:

Thank you, Paul, for my GPS equipped, NYC native carrier pigeon!  He arrived at my house sometime Monday, because when I arrived home from school there was a little brown package waiting for me on my front porch.  I looked everywhere for that poor little bird who had flown such a LONG way, with such a heavy load so I could feed him before he returned home (to pick up the NEXT selection), but he was no where to be found.  Please feed him well when he arrives.  I want to continue getting First Look Books!!  Thank you.

 

Claudia

 

P.S.  Thank you for the locked discussion thread for news and updates.  You have satisfied everyone on the boards, I do believe.  Praises come your way! Now, how am I supposed to address that letter to your boss?


 

Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Hi PaulH,

 

Up to now no news of books in Brazil. But as I know books are always late here. Hope this or next week it comes. I look forward to see and read the book.

 

 


PaulH wrote:

 

 

Just glad to hear the books are arriving safe and sound.


Correspondent
MissShopaholic
Posts: 73
Registered: ‎01-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates


ponie wrote:

MissShopaholic wrote:

book has not arrived yet.

 

UPS 18 wheeler in town collided with another truck and both caught on fire.  Fortunately no one was seriously injured. Can't help but wonder if my book was on that truck.

 

http://www.krgv.com/mostpopular/story/Eastbound-Nolana-Closed-Near-Jackson-Rd/dtBvvvpX8UCvjRY_1uuq5Q...


 

Hey!MissShopaholic!  I just found Pharr.  It's near McAllen.  Years ago my daughter's nursery school teacher and her husband moved to McAllen TX to work with HCJB/World Radio Network.  Looks like that is near you.

And I am very much hoping your ARC was not on board that truck.  They are still delivering heavily on the East Coast...not to the Midwest yet or so it seems.  I'm in MN and I have not received mine yet.  Soon and very soon.....we shall see at the end of our driveways the long awaited UPS truck bearing our ARC.  Hang in there.


 

Thanks for the info! I think it's cool how we live in such a small world. I too am hoping that the ARC was not on that truck so i suppose all i can do is wait it out and see. Here is the lastest news as far as the UPS Truck fire: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/pharr-26639-nolana-accident.html

 

Correspondent
PinkPanther
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎10-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

I received my book yesterday. This has to be the quickest First Look book that I have received. Thank you for sending it so quickly.
"I ought, therefore I can"
-Immanuel Kant
Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
Posts: 128
Registered: ‎02-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Hey Ponie,

 

Now I don't want you laboring too much with that Hugh Jackman assignment.  You know I'm here if you need any help sorting things out with Hugh!

 

Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates


hookedonbooks09 wrote:

Hey Ponie,

 

Now I don't want you laboring too much with that Hugh Jackman assignment.  You know I'm here if you need any help sorting things out with Hugh!

 

Barb


 

Hey! Barb!! Let's do some sorting on The Community Room thread!!!!  That way we can discuss Hugh and not get in the way of important News, Schedules, & Updates from Paul.  (Not that Hugh isn't important, newsworthy, schedule-able, and definitely updated!!!:smileywink:) Paul might get jealous!!!!!

Wouldn't want Paul to feel we're more focused on Hugh than him!!!:smileytongue:  Paul determines who gets an FL book and who doesn't - so we want to keep on his good side for future FLs/ARCs!!:smileyvery-happy:

I'm sure we'll be able to find something for Hugh to do!!!  Some role for him to play!!!  :smileyhappy:

I'll meet you in The Community Room!!!!

ponie
Distinguished Correspondent
TRJ4SQ
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates


PaulH wrote:

Hi All,

 

Just to let you know that some confirmations did indeed go out today, but not nearly all of them. This is a fairly labor intensive part of the program, so please hold tight!

 

Thanks!

 

P.


 

Hi Paul,

 

Thank you for the confirmation. My ARC has arrived safely & I'm looking forward to being a member of the FL group again!

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
Posts: 143
Registered: ‎03-16-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates


vivico1 wrote:
Can we please move the chat, about anything, including who has the book and who doesnt, over to the community room please?? Several of us have asked now if we could keep this thread for "news, schedules, and updates" from the moderator so we can just keep up on those aspects of what we need to know?? We have asked nicely and do so again. That is what the community room is for, so lets take it there and have fun and leave this for business, please please please?

Agree!