Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Re: News, Schedules, & Updates

Ponie,

You just keep getting better and better!  Maybe Paul ought to hold onto your book for a while just to see what you come up with!  I nominate you for the B&N FL Poet Laureate!!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

Hi All,

We're no longer accepting registrations and the final partcipants list will be forwarded to our warehouse later today. Shipping to commence thereafter!

Best, 

Paul

And now I start watching the skies over Cedartown, GA for my NYC pigeon to arrive!  I hope you loaded him (or her) with an adequate GPS unit, Paul!!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Paul does that mean all of us for the larger part of most of us(does that make sense) are getting" Of Bees and Mist" around the same time/ being so organized,as you appear to be,and tidy as the board is,no fluff ,I would say yes..So  ,I guess I answered my own Question..Silly me..We have  alot of trust in you Paul,no pressure..Vtc ,Thanks What about our SURPRISE?
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Yes. You should all be receiving your books close to the same time. Your location -- especially Brazil and the Philippines -- will alter the delivery time a bit though.

TRY NOT TO JUMP AHEAD. I promise you'll get a lot more out of  this amazing read if you stick to the schedule and read it as a group.

It wouldn't be a surprise if you knew what it is and when it was coming, right? Or if it's coming at all...

Vermontcozy wrote:
Paul does that mean all of us for the larger part of most of us(does that make sense) are getting" Of Bees and Mist" around the same time/ being so organized,as you appear to be,and tidy as the board is,no fluff ,I would say yes..So  ,I guess I answered my own Question..Silly me..We have  alot of trust in you Paul,no pressure..Vtc ,Thanks What about our SURPRISE?

Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

ClaudiaLuce wrote:

Ponie,

You just keep getting better and better!  Maybe Paul ought to hold onto your book for a while just to see what you come up with!  I nominate you for the B&N FL Poet Laureate!!

Claudia

Thanks so much, Claudia!!  :smileyhappy:

PAUL

PLEASE TAKE NOTE...

CLAUDIA IS JUST KIDDING ABOUT HOLDING ONTO MY BOOK!!! 

HAHAHA!  FUNNY CLAUDIA!:smileyvery-happy:

ponie
Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ponie wrote:

candeny6 wrote:
My husband thinks I'm ridiculous jumping out of my seat every time I think I hear the UPS truck...

Yes! Candi...

We...

jump out of chairs, 

race to windows,

stop conversations mid sentence to "listen",

look out the front door to check and recheck and recheck for packages,

drive home during lunch to check for packages,

call neighbors to ask them if UPS dropped anything off for us with them and if not would they please run over and check for any possible UPS deliveries at our house, 

worry that the numbers on the house or mail box are so faded they are unreadable, 

can become quite convinced the UPS person has left our ARC with someone else by mistake,

wonder aloud if UPS has gone on strike,

think that Paul may have lost our address,

fear there was a mistake at the warehouse

...all while we wait for the little brown truck.

It's called The B&N-FL-ARC-UPS Phenomenon!!!

(Assure your husband you will be OK soon.)

Oh my gosh - this has me laughing out loud! I heard the UPS truck today and immediately jumped up and ran to look out the window! Then, when the delivery went to the house across the street I pouted and felt bummed.  My husband asked me what the heck I was so excited/let down about.  When I told him, he gave me the strangest look and said, "Ohhhhhhhhh kay."  And yes, he drew it out like that - which of course. made me laugh.

I know I should try to be patient about the book arriving but I'm finding that virtually impossible! :-)

Message Edited by Mommy-Read-Write on 05-12-2009 09:10 PM
Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Yes. You should all be receiving your books close to the same time. Your location -- especially Brazil and the Philippines -- will alter the delivery time a bit though.

TRY NOT TO JUMP AHEAD. I promise you'll get a lot more out of  this amazing read if you stick to the schedule and read it as a group.

It wouldn't be a surprise if you knew what it is and when it was coming, right? Or if it's coming at all...

Vermontcozy wrote:

Our Vermont carrier Pidgeons are very laidback,so glad they made it to your Teepee.Chief..they travel in two,so they can hang out together..being so Wise,you have taken care of everything,it would be great if Brazil M would receive his around the same time...I am assuming that the NY Carrier Pidgeons will do a little Hip Hop strut when delivering 'Of Bees and Mist"..  Thank for your leadership Chief...Vtc
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

That is going to be an amazing feat Pauldini!  And for your next trick..............
PaulH wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Delivery

Prepare your heart beatings. Paul is holding a great surprise I hope so. As a friend of mine says Paul: a surprise is a surprise, my dear!!! LOL. Delivery to Brazil is always late if compare to others in the website. My last FL book lasted more than 10 days since deliveries were announced in the site. This made me a bit anxious and my reading began almost a week after discussions had started.

But no problem about that cause I still had time to discuss the book. I owe you a review, but I'll do it as soon as possible.

Paul wrote:

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud

Well, I just found out that the California Carrier Pidgeon was attacked by a hungry crow who had heard a rumor about "bookworms" and mistook the parcel for fast food. The Carrier Pidgeon lost a few feathers, but held on tightly to "Of Bees and Mist."  Now I hope he didn't lose his sense of direction and will show up on my front porch soon.

PaulH wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Our Vermont carrier Pidgeons are very laidback,so glad they made it to your Teepee.Chief..they travel in two,so they can hang out together..being so Wise,you have taken care of everything,it would be great if Brazil M would receive his around the same time...I am assuming that the NY Carrier Pidgeons will do a little Hip Hop strut when delivering 'Of Bees and Mist"..  Thank for your leadership Chief...Vtc

Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

Sunltcloud wrote:

Well, I just found out that the California Carrier Pidgeon was attacked by a hungry crow who had heard a rumor about "bookworms" and mistook the parcel for fast food. The Carrier Pidgeon lost a few feathers, but held on tightly to "Of Bees and Mist."  Now I hope he didn't lose his sense of direction and will show up on my front porch soon.

LOL... That's great.

I think that the pidgeon flying through Detroit on its way here suffered a similar fate, I've heard he's at Detroit Reciving and is impatiently waiting for his medical release to return to work. I hope he's ok and that he can get my book here soon!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

ROFL

Sunltcloud wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhoh Ponie...I think I see some competition in the "wit" department.

This is Hilarious.

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Howdy!

More confirmations -- like Elvis -- have left the building...

P.

WARNING: DO NOT ACCEPT PACKAGES FROM PIGEONS THAT ARE NOT "TAGGED" WITH BN CHARMS ON THEIR COLLARS.ITS BEEN REPORTED THAT "Pigeons not making the grade are delivering Packages that are filled with pink tissue paper,and have "Blue Suede Shoe Charms" on their collars!!!!!! Source:   Green Mt. Park Pigeons....VTC

Reader 2
ckmow85
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting this!

Colette

Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

Yippee.... my book just arrived!!! Be on the lookout!!! :smileyvery-happy:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

Totally excited about the book coming. can't wait.
Frequent Contributor
candeny6
0 Kudos

I'm keeping my fingers crossed mine arrives today.  My husband offered to take the kids and go grocery shopping tonight, so I will be home alone all evening. 
Candi
Correspondent
bibanon1
0 Kudos

nlsamson wrote:
Yippee.... my book just arrived!!! Be on the lookout!!! :smileyvery-happy:
How exciting! Where are you located? I'm in California so we always seem to get the books last.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blogging about books and life since 2003.
http://lifebycandlelight.blogspot.com
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Came home from work to find a brown package propped against my garage door.

Yeah!!! It is my book, I'm so excited!!:smileyvery-happy: