Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Amanda-Louise wrote:

When you see your post, there is an 'options' pull down in the top right-hand corner.  You'll find an edit selection there.

Cheers,

Amanda

Zeal wrote:
Is there a way to edit my post once it is published?  I just realized that I used the wrong form of "their."  Should have been "there."  How embarrassing for an English teacher...sorry!

Thanks so much!  I took care of it.  It probably wouldn't matter to most people, but it is one of my pet peeves when my students write, so I couldn't believe I did it :smileyindifferent:
"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That is what I have been thinking for months, then you all threw us off with your banter with Sarah!  Not playing fair, Donna.  Don't try to confuse my already confused mind anymore!!  You have to remember that I deal with 7th graders on a daily basis, so I don't have much mind left at the end of the day (ha, ha!!) :smileyvery-happy:

Claudia

How do you think I feel? I'm with Kindergarteners all day:smileyvery-happy:             Hang in there...only a few more weeks till sumer!

Paula

Message Edited by PB684 on 05-19-2009 10:22 AM
PB684
Reader 2
Luna12
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! This is my first time joining the First Look.  It came HIGHLY reccomended from a friend.  So I am very excited to join in on reading and discussing the book.  My name is Tabitha  and I live in Atglen Pennsylvania.  I am just finishing up my first full year as a 7th and 8th grade teacher so I am very ready to read a non-young adult book! 
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Luna12 wrote:
Hi everyone! This is my first time joining the First Look.  It came HIGHLY reccomended from a friend.  So I am very excited to join in on reading and discussing the book.  My name is Tabitha  and I live in Atglen Pennsylvania.  I am just finishing up my first full year as a 7th and 8th grade teacher so I am very ready to read a non-young adult book! 

Welcome Tabitha (Luna12)!!

Glad you made it to the boards!  Enjoy the "First Look Club!"

Aimee

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Tabitha! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion. :smileywink:

Luna12 wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
ScribeMK
0 Kudos

Yahoo!!! I just recieved my book. I can't wait to get started.

While waiting I have been reading various mystery novels. I like to read series. If I like a particular writer I like to read all they have published.

Scribe
New User
LadyMacbeth
0 Kudos

First Timer

Hi.  This is my first time in the First Look Book Club.  OK, so this is actually my first time in ANY book club, and I'm super excited.  I got my copy of the book today, and I can't wait to start it.  I just got a new little puppy, and I fear that she will be feeling slightly ignored in the days to come.  I look forward to our future discussions.
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: First Timer

Welcome to the group. It is a lot of fun. It is great to get so many opinions.

There is a lot of discussions. Enjoy your puppy and the book club.

pen21

LadyMacbeth wrote:
Hi.  This is my first time in the First Look Book Club.  OK, so this is actually my first time in ANY book club, and I'm super excited.  I got my copy of the book today, and I can't wait to start it.  I just got a new little puppy, and I fear that she will be feeling slightly ignored in the days to come.  I look forward to our future discussions.

Inspired Contributor
pode
0 Kudos

The books have started to arrive in the Midwest--Minneapo...

The books have started to arrive in the Midwest--Minneapolis!

Pode

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
â Henry Ward Beecher
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Heya my name is Caprice and I just recieved my book today!! Can't wait to read it and chat with you all about it!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
els
Contributor
els
0 Kudos

I got my book today too!!! I'm so excited!
Contributor
Cyndell
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! The little brown truck was at my house. I am so excited about reading this book. I hope I'll be able to post something memorable.  Last time I was in First Look... I was so busy reading the posts and agreeing with them that I didn't feel as though I had much to add to the discussion.

Waving goodbye. I'm off to read.

Cyndell

ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

PB684 wrote:

How do you think I feel? I'm with Kindergarteners all day:smileyvery-happy:             Hang in there...only a few more weeks till sumer!

Paula

Bless you!! I don't think I could handle Kindergarterners all day! :smileywink: My 7th graders are big enough to wipe their own noses (and other body parts) and small enough to still need hugs and LOTS of loving!!   Only 7 days until the kids do their happy dance; 11 days until we do ours!:smileyvery-happy:

You hang in there, too!  It's almost here, those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!! (vacation from school that is)!

Claudia

Message Edited by PB684 on 05-19-2009 10:22 AM

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Luna12 wrote:

YEA!  Another one!  We are getting quite a crew of middle schooler teachers in the group.  Welcome to our "family" Tabitha.  You will enjoy this immensely!  It has been a wonderful outlet for me throughout the school year, so you will have to keep it up! 

Enjoy your adult reading!

Claudia

Message Edited by ClaudiaLuce on 05-20-2009 05:36 AM
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, LadyMacbeth! We have a great time here. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. You will get lots of responses. :smileywink:

LadyMacbeth wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

LadyMacbeth wrote:
How great now you can read her to sleep. Welcome to the board and I love your handle. 

Inspired Contributor
skiibunny1213
0 Kudos

Hi!  This is my 2nd First Look book and I'm very excited to get started!  I live in Washington, DC and am originally from Western North Carolina.  I love to read and First Look has really gotten me to read about topics I might not have naturally picked up in the store.  It's great!
New User
invisilizEV
0 Kudos

hi :smileyhappy:

i'm from minnesota and am looking forward to the discussion of this book!

Frequent Contributor
PinkBaby
0 Kudos

hi im sara i am really  looking forward to reading this book. it does seem like it will be magical. i really enjoy being in the first look book club. it is really nice to be able to have people to discuss cool books with. i cant wait till june 1 to discuss the book. it will be awesome.:smileyvery-happy:
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

scarpettajunkie wrote:

Hi!  I just received my copy Of Bees and Mist.  I was in the discussion for The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane but let most of the group do the talking as they seconded what I was thinking.  I honestly did not know how to reply to some of the questions until I read others responses.  I did get a few laurels for what I did post.  :smileywink:  Did anyone else think the questions were almost over their head?  Anyhow, looking forward to this group.  Stay at home, college graduate, mom of an autistic child, reader, and lover of ARCs.  That is me.

Hi Scarpetta,

Please feel free to jump in anyway you feel comfortable with the discussion threads! I start off with some questions that (I hope) might keep us bantering for a good couple of weeks. They are only discussion starters, and jumping in with your thoughts on a particular character or incident or anything else is strongly encouraged.

The group members come up with the best questions in the course of the discussion!

Look forward to your thoughts on this one--

Rachel