dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: questionsic

dulcie1010 wrote:

ok.. how does this all work? when the discussion starts will there be another link to that message feed or will it stay here? please could some one help me get ready to participate by taking a few minutes to explain?  Thanks Dulcie

Just like JerseyAngel said dulcie there will be a new thread on this board, but since you're already posting comments here you'll do just fine and catch on quickly. And I can't wait to read and comment with you.

Contributor
RedRaindrops66
0 Kudos

Re: questionsic

Hello! Well I just posted in the "How To" thread and then I saw this one. Oops. So.. I just got my book and I've started it. I'm intrigued so far.

As for me, I'm a stay-at-home mommy and avid reader. I reside in Massachusetts, with my husband, son, cat, and dog. :smileyhappy: This is my third time with the First Look Club, and I think it'll be my favorite.

-Shannon

Frequent Contributor
LoBugs
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone,

I can't wait to get started with this new book. This is my second first look and I hope the discussions are as good as the last one

Lobugs :smileyhappy:

Lobugs
Contributor
Em18966
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I can't wait for the discussion to start on 6/1 as Of Bees and Mist ended up being a spectacular read.  For those who are interested, I have posted my review of the book over on my blog (no spoilers, I promise)

<a href= http://horrorandfantasybookreview.blogspot.com/2009/05/of-bees-and-mist-by-erick-setiawan.html>here</a>

--Trish Ramirez

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

No book yet!

Hi everyone,

Discussions are coming, only a few days to 6/1 and no sign of boo yet. I'm too worried about it like I was about The deliverance dane which arrived here the same day discussion begun. I envy all of the post that express their books had arrived. What should I do to know about my one? My 4 first looks arrived in 3 days. They now take about 11 or 12 days, perhaps more.

Well. I'm travelling now but I called my wife to know about the book arrival but she told me nothing had come yet.  I'm too anxious!!!

Contributor
danikl
0 Kudos

Hi!

Diane from Apache Junction, Arizona. Love the "First Look". Glad to be here again!

New User
Jennie_A
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Jennie (aka A Bookish Mom) and I love this first look club.  This will be my 2nd book.  I am really enjoying it.  
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

You are so right, this club is addicting!  I received my first ARC and promptly started reading - Of Bees and Mist - Although not a genre that I would normally pick up on my own, I was completely surprised and thoroughly enjoyed the book.  I can't wait until the discussions start...I have so many questions!  I'm already looking forward to the next one and hope I don't miss the sign ups.  Is there typically a timeframe within which the next book is announced?
"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

While there is no set time-table for letting us know about the next book, we usually find out when to start looking for a posting during the last week of the current discussion.

babzilla41 wrote:
  I'm already looking forward to the next one and hope I don't miss the sign ups.  Is there typically a timeframe within which the next book is announced?

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
dulcie1010
0 Kudos

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions. I am really looking forward to this. I love to share and discuss things IM interested in with others to see their interpretation. I have never been a part of a book club before and I am soooo thrilled to do this one. I did one other but had to drop out due to circumstances. So this will be a new experience. I am really hoping to enjoy the experience as much as the anticipation. It has been a long time since I  have had the opportunity to focus on my hobbies (school, kids,family,work and etc) so I am sooo looking forward to the friendships and fun that I may find here. I look forward to getting to know you all through you views and experience during this month and I hope   possibly participate in more "first looks" with some of you.

Contributor
VeraC
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! 

I'm VeraC and it's nice to see so many others from "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" session! This is my second FL experience. I enjoyed the first one (Deliverance) so much, with all the discussion that made me consider things from different perspectives, that it was a real let-down when it was over.  Hopefully, this one will be as much fun.  I'm already loving the book; I can't wait to see what the next section will bring. So far, I can't figure out where the author is going with it...

I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore with my husband and two dogs (yes, I'm one of those that thinks of them as two little humans, except that they are furry, have 4 feet, and can't speak really well).  I've been devouring books ever since I remember, but love that this book club brings books to us that I normally would probably never pick up.

I'm really looking forward to chatting with you about the book really soon!

Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

I too think of my little dog as a furry human.  She is my baby (the only dog I've ever had) so please,  tell me more about yours.

VeraC wrote:

Hi Everyone! 

I'm VeraC and it's nice to see so many others from "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" session! This is my second FL experience. I enjoyed the first one (Deliverance) so much, with all the discussion that made me consider things from different perspectives, that it was a real let-down when it was over.  Hopefully, this one will be as much fun.  I'm already loving the book; I can't wait to see what the next section will bring. So far, I can't figure out where the author is going with it...

I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore with my husband and two dogs (yes, I'm one of those that thinks of them as two little humans, except that they are furry, have 4 feet, and can't speak really well).  I've been devouring books ever since I remember, but love that this book club brings books to us that I normally would probably never pick up.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Sometimes I have the impression I talk to everyone, but no one answers me. I'd like to know, if possible, about where my book is. Everybody has just received their books and my one is still absent! HELP MEEEEE!!!
Contributor
tdunham220
0 Kudos

Hi-

This is my 3rd First Lookers experience and I've enjoyed each one so far. Thanks to Barnes and Noble for this wonderful opportunity! I am not very experienced at using the message boards for communications, hopefully I'll pick it up better this time around. I've already read the book and can't wait for the discussions to start.

Terri from Michigan

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Do you know how to send a private message? If you will click on PaulH's name anywhere in here (like where he has posted the threads) it will give you the option to send him one. Tell him you have not recieved yours yet and give him your mailing address too, DO NOT post it in here. Paul will check for you and see whats up. Then keep an eye on your private messages...the little envelope up at the top for a message from him. I bet if you do that, you will get one soon. :smileywink: Good luck!

marciliogq wrote:
Sometimes I have the impression I talk to everyone, but no one answers me. I'd like to know, if possible, about where my book is. Everybody has just received their books and my one is still absent! HELP MEEEEE!!!

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

marciliogq wrote:

Hey! Marciliogq!  I'm talking to you dude!  But I have no power or info about your ARC. :smileysad: I wish I did.  Didn't it come the day discussions started last time with TPBODD.  There is still time.  I am sure Paul is doing something about or is knowing of your situation.  Is it already Friday there?  It's still Thursday here!!  Maybe it will come tomorrow.  But if it doesn't get there til Monday, you still have time.  You will not be (that) far behind if it comes next week.  They discuss the specific chapters (1 - 9) for a whole week.  You may not be one of the first to post next week but there's still time.  Keep me posted and let me know when you get your book.  I hope hope hope it is tomorrow (Friday) or Monday for sure.  I'd let you use mine if it were possible.  I even thought to myself how could I fax him the first few pages (with permission of course) so he'd have something!!!  I feel your frustration I really do.  Hang on.  I hoping with you.

ponie
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Hi VeraC:

I live in southeast PA but I have a second home on the eastern shore of MD also. Do you know where South Point is off of 611 on the way to Assateague Island? I live right off the golf course at Ocean City Yacht and Golf Club. That's where I am off to this weekend. Where do you live?

VeraC wrote:

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
VeraC
0 Kudos

One is a 6-year old border collie/terrier mix (looks like a miniature border collie) and the other is the old man - a 15-year-old beagle/lab mix (think 60 lb beagle and that's what he looks like).  Both were rescues from the pound but now live the life of luxury.  My husband is even worse about spoiling them than I am... he puts little treats on their dog beds before they go to bed at night!

nlsamson wrote:
I too think of my little dog as a furry human.  She is my baby (the only dog I've ever had) so please,  tell me more about yours.

VeraC wrote:

Hi Everyone! 

Contributor
VeraC
0 Kudos

Nice to meet you, eadieburke!

I'm not that far east on the eastern shore.  I'm in Queenstown, which is right past where the Prime Outlets are on Rt 50, about 25 minutes east of the Bay Bridge.  During the summers, we try to stay home at weekends because the beach traffic makes it hard to even get to anywhere.  Otherwise, it is a wonderful place to live! 

eadieburke wrote:

Hi VeraC:

I live in southeast PA but I have a second home on the eastern shore of MD also. Do you know where South Point is off of 611 on the way to Assateague Island? I live right off the golf course at Ocean City Yacht and Golf Club. That's where I am off to this weekend. Where do you live?

VeraC wrote:

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Hi Terri!  This is a great group. If you have any trouble just ask - you will get at least three answers per question. :smileyvery-happy: Everyone is very helpful.

Enjoy the discussion.

CathyB

tdunham220 wrote:

Hi-

This is my 3rd First Lookers experience and I've enjoyed each one so far. Thanks to Barnes and Noble for this wonderful opportunity! I am not very experienced at using the message boards for communications, hopefully I'll pick it up better this time around. I've already read the book and can't wait for the discussions to start.

Terri from Michigan