Reply
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Vivico,

 

It was not necessary to send a private message and I really thank for your help. People here are really efficient. I love this group!!!!!I put this message here because my last book had the same problem and other First Lookers did the same so I think it was interesting for me to know if I was the only one with this problem. Rachel, the moderator, wrote me a message and I'm waiting for the book. Hope it comes next week.

 


 vivico1 wrote:

 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Do you know how to send a private message? If you will click on PaulH's name anywhere in here (like where he has posted the threads) it will give you the option to send him one. Tell him you have not recieved yours yet and give him your mailing address too, DO NOT post it in here. Paul will check for you and see whats up. Then keep an eye on your private messages...the little envelope up at the top for a message from him. I bet if you do that, you will get one soon. :smileywink: Good luck!

 


marciliogq wrote:
Sometimes I have the impression I talk to everyone, but no one answers me. I'd like to know, if possible, about where my book is. Everybody has just received their books and my one is still absent! HELP MEEEEE!!!

 


Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

Dear ponie,

 

I do like you! You're always so kind. I love this group because of this cooperative spirit. I'm sure PaulH and rkubie are solving my problem. Books are always late in Brazil. I have to be used to this (but I'm not yet). Hope next week I can discuss the book with you. For today no book yet. Fingers crossed to Monday.


ponie wrote:


marciliogq wrote:
Sometimes I have the impression I talk to everyone, but no one answers me. I'd like to know, if possible, about where my book is. Everybody has just received their books and my one is still absent! HELP MEEEEE!!!

Hey! Marciliogq!  I'm talking to you dude!  But I have no power or info about your ARC. :smileysad: I wish I did.  Didn't it come the day discussions started last time with TPBODD.  There is still time.  I am sure Paul is doing something about or is knowing of your situation.  Is it already Friday there?  It's still Thursday here!!  Maybe it will come tomorrow.  But if it doesn't get there til Monday, you still have time.  You will not be (that) far behind if it comes next week.  They discuss the specific chapters (1 - 9) for a whole week.  You may not be one of the first to post next week but there's still time.  Keep me posted and let me know when you get your book.  I hope hope hope it is tomorrow (Friday) or Monday for sure.  I'd let you use mine if it were possible.  I even thought to myself how could I fax him the first few pages (with permission of course) so he'd have something!!!  I feel your frustration I really do.  Hang on.  I hoping with you.

ponie
Message Edited by marciliogq on 05-29-2009 09:03 PM
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Glad to hear it! They are good about taking care of everyone in the First Look. I mentioned the private message because sometimes when they are busy with several clubs or can't get through all these post lol, sometimes its quicker to ask them that way. Maria has taken care of me a few different times that way. Also, hope you don't think I was saying don't post here what you need! :smileysurprised: lol I was only saying if you need to be checked on, don't post your home address in here! Some of us have in the past hoping to get a book, and there is the address and phone number for all to see! It happens at least once or twice per club :smileywink: But good to hear you are taken care of and anyone else needing help, can post here or if its about their own copy, pm the mods. Its all good. Hope you are reading soon. I am sure you will catch up and probably pass me!

 


marciliogq wrote:

Vivico,

 

It was not necessary to send a private message and I really thank for your help. People here are really efficient. I love this group!!!!!I put this message here because my last book had the same problem and other First Lookers did the same so I think it was interesting for me to know if I was the only one with this problem. Rachel, the moderator, wrote me a message and I'm waiting for the book. Hope it comes next week.

 


vivico1 wrote:

 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Do you know how to send a private message? If you will click on PaulH's name anywhere in here (like where he has posted the threads) it will give you the option to send him one. Tell him you have not recieved yours yet and give him your mailing address too, DO NOT post it in here. Paul will check for you and see whats up. Then keep an eye on your private messages...the little envelope up at the top for a message from him. I bet if you do that, you will get one soon. :smileywink: Good luck!

 


marciliogq wrote:
Sometimes I have the impression I talk to everyone, but no one answers me. I'd like to know, if possible, about where my book is. Everybody has just received their books and my one is still absent! HELP MEEEEE!!!

 



 

 

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
New User
FTM40
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-03-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone.  I am Denise.  This is the first time I have participated in First Look.  So far I am really enjoying the book.  I am still getting used to the website. 

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the group, Denise! If you have any questions, feel free to post them. There are many people ready to help you get used to the boards. I look forward to discussing the book with you.  :smileywink:


FTM40 wrote:

Hi everyone.  I am Denise.  This is the first time I have participated in First Look.  So far I am really enjoying the book.  I am still getting used to the website. 


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


FTM40 wrote:

Hi everyone.  I am Denise.  This is the first time I have participated in First Look.  So far I am really enjoying the book.  I am still getting used to the website. 


   Hi Denise, 

  

  Welcome to the group.  We are a friendly group here and willing to help out with any questions you may have.  Enjoy the book and I hope to see you in the discussions to follow. 

 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Vivico,

 

Firstly when I read your message I understood you told to not post anything about help here in the forum, then I re-read the message and realized it was not to put the address only, that if  I wanted to make it I could use the private message, Don't worry about that!

I'm anxiously waiting for my book. Today is Saturday and think no UPS truck comes today. Perhaps Monday. Hope I have my book next week and discuss it with you. Keep in touch!

 

 


vivico1 wrote:

 

 

Glad to hear it! They are good about taking care of everyone in the First Look. I mentioned the private message because sometimes when they are busy with several clubs or can't get through all these post lol, sometimes its quicker to ask them that way. Maria has taken care of me a few different times that way. Also, hope you don't think I was saying don't post here what you need! :smileysurprised: lol I was only saying if you need to be checked on, don't post your home address in here! Some of us have in the past hoping to get a book, and there is the address and phone number for all to see! It happens at least once or twice per club :smileywink: But good to hear you are taken care of and anyone else needing help, can post here or if its about their own copy, pm the mods. Its all good. Hope you are reading soon. I am sure you will catch up and probably pass me!


 

Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Oh good, glad I mentioned that then to clear it up. I would never say don't ask for help in here! There are some who have been around for ages (I didn't say how many guys lol :smileywink: ) so someone is most certain to know what to do about just about anything. No, its just they have asked us to never put our personal information in here because it is open to the world then. I just wanted to make sure that since I was saying, if you need to give your information again, do it privately. Once in a club, I mentioned to someone to give their information again, and they did...right here LOL! So I didn't want to add to the problem by not clarifying that right off this time. Your UPS definitely needs wings!

 

I had one friend who was in a club with me once, she lives a long ways away, and had not gotten hers when I had mine, so I offered to call her and read to her the first couple of chapters as I started it too. :smileywink:

 


marciliogq wrote:

Hi Vivico,

 

Firstly when I read your message I understood you told to not post anything about help here in the forum, then I re-read the message and realized it was not to put the address only, that if I wanted to make it I could use the private message, Don't worry about that!

I'm anxiously waiting for my book. Today is Saturday and think no UPS truck comes today. Perhaps Monday. Hope I have my book next week and discuss it with you. Keep in touch!

 

 


vivico1 wrote:

 

 

Glad to hear it! They are good about taking care of everyone in the First Look. I mentioned the private message because sometimes when they are busy with several clubs or can't get through all these post lol, sometimes its quicker to ask them that way. Maria has taken care of me a few different times that way. Also, hope you don't think I was saying don't post here what you need! :smileysurprised: lol I was only saying if you need to be checked on, don't post your home address in here! Some of us have in the past hoping to get a book, and there is the address and phone number for all to see! It happens at least once or twice per club :smileywink: But good to hear you are taken care of and anyone else needing help, can post here or if its about their own copy, pm the mods. Its all good. Hope you are reading soon. I am sure you will catch up and probably pass me!


 


 

 

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Vivian,

 

Really kind of you doing that to your friend but if you do it to me you'll get in rags LOL Calls to Brazil are truly expensive. If I had the power to get wings to my UPS I'd certainly do it.

Well, I realized some people write here their personal information but don't worry about me cause I'm  too detailist and I read it was not possible.

 

 

 


vivico1 wrote:

 

 

Oh good, glad I mentioned that then to clear it up. I would never say don't ask for help in here! There are some who have been around for ages (I didn't say how many guys lol :smileywink: ) so someone is most certain to know what to do about just about anything. No, its just they have asked us to never put our personal information in here because it is open to the world then. I just wanted to make sure that since I was saying, if you need to give your information again, do it privately. Once in a club, I mentioned to someone to give their information again, and they did...right here LOL! So I didn't want to add to the problem by not clarifying that right off this time. Your UPS definitely needs wings!

 

I had one friend who was in a club with me once, she lives a long ways away, and had not gotten hers when I had mine, so I offered to call her and read to her the first couple of chapters as I started it too. :smileywink:


 

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
Posts: 276
Registered: ‎12-22-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


januttall wrote:

julyso wrote:

Julie.

Hey! I am another Julie & I am also from Texas, West Texas! I have participated in 5 or 6 of the FL books & I always enjoy reading all the discussions. I love the opportunity to read books I wouldn't normally pick up. I am a librarian at a junior high & I also write a book blog. I am single, love to scrapbook, garden, and love my 2 cats & 2 dogs.  Can't wait!!! Congratulations:smileyhappy:

 

Julie's Jewels

http://julyso4463.blogspot.com/

 

p.s. I got my book on Friday-YEAH!!!

 

 

 

Hi Julie!  Thanks for sharing your blogsite with us.  I've bookmarked it so I can check in regularly.  I really enjoy reading book blogs; it's just one more way to add to my "TBR" pile!

 

(another) Julie

 

Message Edited by januttall on 05-24-2009 07:33 AM

Loved your blog.

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,839
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


FTM40 wrote:

Hi everyone.  I am Denise.  This is the first time I have participated in First Look.  So far I am really enjoying the book.  I am still getting used to the website. 


Hi Denise and welcome, I'm sure you'll be fast friends with all of us soon. And I can't wait to read your thoughts on the book. 

 

Reader
by_mel
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-29-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello everyone! I'm Melanie from Mesa, Arizona. This is my first time in First Look and I am so excited to be participating! This is a fabulous book to be starting with! Thanks again for including me! I have a review blog http://novelideasbymel.com
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


by_mel wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm Melanie from Mesa, Arizona. This is my first time in First Look and I am so excited to be participating! This is a fabulous book to be starting with! Thanks again for including me! I have a review blog http://novelideasbymel.com

Hello Melanie;

So glad you joined us. We have a wonderful reading time on these clubs. I know you will too.

Happy reading to us all!  Linda

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the group, Melanie! I hope you enjoy the First Look ride. :smileywink:


by_mel wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm Melanie from Mesa, Arizona. This is my first time in First Look and I am so excited to be participating! This is a fabulous book to be starting with! Thanks again for including me! I have a review blog http://novelideasbymel.com

 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Snif! Snif! Monday, everybody discussing in the board and I'm still in the mist looking for my book.
New User
surprise
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello, I am Pam from OKC.  This is my first time to join an on-line book club and I look forward to reading the comments of others who are also reading this book. What a great way to start the summer break!
Contributor
Calendula
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎04-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi there - I'm new to Barnes and Noble book clubs (except the in real life variety)! I heard about this board over on Goodreads, so I thought I'd come over and give it a shot.

 

I'm thrilled to discuss Of Beas and Mist - it is a wonderful book!

 

I'm in MN, grad student and stay at home mom to 2 little ones. I homeschool them and do a lot of gardening, and read in between. Nice to meet you all! 

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the group, Pam! I look forward to discussing the book with you. :smileyhappy:

surprise wrote:
Hello, I am Pam from OKC.  This is my first time to join an on-line book club and I look forward to reading the comments of others who are also reading this book. What a great way to start the summer break!

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the group, Calendula! We have a great time discussing these FL books, and I hope you enjoy yourself. :smileyhappy:


Calendula wrote:

Hi there - I'm new to Barnes and Noble book clubs (except the in real life variety)! I heard about this board over on Goodreads, so I thought I'd come over and give it a shot.

 

I'm thrilled to discuss Of Beas and Mist - it is a wonderful book!

 

I'm in MN, grad student and stay at home mom to 2 little ones. I homeschool them and do a lot of gardening, and read in between. Nice to meet you all! 


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

  • Hi everyone! I thought I posted on this thread but I must have missed it. I'm Debbie from NY state and I've been in almost all of the First Look clubs here. Unfortunately it was a rough winter and I've gotten behind on my reading and my clubs. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now. (Although that sunshine and warm weather is calling to me!) This is a fun place to visit and there are so many wonderful people here. I've made some great friends in these bookclubs. (Hi friends!) This book sounds so interesting and I'm really looking forward to chatting with all of you! :smileyhappy: